Kanz ul Iman English
Surah: Al-Fâtihah (The Opening)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 7
- Allah in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
2. All praise unto Allah, Lord of all the worlds.
3. The most Affectionate, The Merciful.
4. Master of the Day of Requital.
5. We worship You alone and beg You alone for help.
6. Guide us on the straight path.
7. The path of those whom You have favoured. Not of those who have earned Your anger and nor of those who
have gone astray.
Surah: Al-Baqarah (The Cow)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 286
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam Mim (Individual Letters of Arabic Alphabet).
2. That high-ranked Book (Quran) whereof there is no place of doubt, in it there is guidance to the God-fearing.
3. Who believe without seeing, and establish prayer and spend in Our path, out of Our provided subsistence.
4. And who believes in what has been sent down towards you, O beloved prophet! And what has been sent down
before you and are convinced of the Last Day.
5. They alone are on the guidance from their Lord and they alone are the gainers.
6. Surely, as to those who are destined to infidelity, it is alike whether you warn them or warn them not, they will
7. Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their ears, and over their eyes, there is a dark covering, and for them
is great torment.
8. And some people say, ‘We have believed in Allah and the Last Day’ yet they are not to believe.
9. They seek to deceive Allah and the believers, and in fact, they deceive not but their own souls, and they
10. In their hearts is a disease, so Allah has increased their disease and for them is a painful torment, the
recompense of their lies.
11. And when it is said to them, create not disorder on the earth, they say, ‘we are but reformats’.
12. Be-ware! It is they who are the mischief-makers, but they perceive not.
13. And when it is said to them ‘believe as others have believed,’ they say, ‘shall we believe as fools’, believe,
Beware! It is they who are the fools, but they do not know.
14. And when they meet believers, they say, ‘we believe’, and when they are alone with their devils, they say, ‘we
are with you, we are only mocking’.
15. Allah mocks at them (Befitting His Dignity) and leaves them to wander about in their contumacy.
16. They are those people who purchased error for guidance but their trade earned them no profit, and they indeed knew not the way of trading.
17. Their example is like the one who kindled a fire, so when it lit up all around him, Allah took away their light and
left them in the darkness where nothing is seen.
18. Deaf, Dumb, blind, so they are not to return.
19. Or like rain pouring from the sky. Wherein are darkness and thunder and lightning, they thrust fingers in their
ears because of the thunderclaps for fear of death and Allah has encompassed the disbelievers.
20. It so “seems that the lightning would snatch away the sights whenever there is some flashing they walk
therein and when it is dark, they stand still, and if Allah willed He would have taken away their ears and sights,
surely Allah can do everything.
21. O Mankind! Worship your Lord Who has created you and those before you, haply you may become pious.
22. And Who made the earth a bed for you, and the sky a structure and caused water to come down from heaven
hence brought forth therewith some fruits for your food, therefore do not set up equals for Allah knowingly.
23. And if you are in some doubt, concerning what We sent down upon Our special devotee, then bring one
chapter like it, and call upon all your helpers beside Allah, if you are truthful.
24. Then if you cannot bring and We declare that you can never bring, hence dread the fire whose fuel is men and
stones are prepared for the disbelievers.
25. And give glad tidings to those who accepted faith and did good deeds, that for them there are gardens under
which flow streams. Whenever they would be provided with a fruit to eat, they would say seeing its shape this
is the same substance which we got before and that was given to them resembling in shape, and for them,
there are pure mates and therein they will abide forever.
26. Surely, Allah is not ashamed of describing anything for illustration, be it a gnat or above it, hence those who
accepted faith, know that it is the truth from their Lord and those who are disbelievers they say, “What
does Allah mean by such a similitude”? Allah sends astray many by it and guides many and Bends astray those
by it who are disobedient
27. Those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and sever that which Allah ordered to join and
spread disorder in the earth, they are the only losers.
28. How you will disbelieve in Allah, whereas, you were dead, He gave you life, then will cause you to die then
again will give you life, then towards Him, you will return.
29. He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth, then turned toward the heaven, then formed seven
heavens correctly and He knows all and everything.
30. And recall when your Lord said to the Angels, I am about to place a vice-generate in the earth, they said, “will
You place such who will spread disorder and shed blood? And We praise You commending You and sanctify
You; He told, ‘I know what you know not’.
31. And Allah the Exalted taught the names of all things to Adam. Then presenting all shine before the Angels
said, “Tell the names of these, if you are truthful.”
32. They said ‘Sanctity to You”, We know nothing, but what You Taught us, no doubt, You alone are the Knower
and the Wise.
33. He “said, “O Adam tell them the names of all shines, when Adam had informed them of the names of all, He
told, had I not told you that I know all the hidden things of the beavers and earth, and I know whatever you
disclose and whatever you hide.
34. And recall, when We ordered the angels to prostrate before Adam, then all prostrated save Iblis. He refused,
boasted, and became disbelievers.
35. And We said, “O Adam dwell you and your wife in this (paradise) and eat freely thereof where you will but do
not approach this tree lest you become of the transgressors.
36. Then Satan made them slip and got them out from the place where they lived, and We said, “Get down, one of
you are the enemy of the other and you have to stay on the earth and make use of it for a time.
37. Then Adam learnt certain words from his Lord so Allah accepted his penitence. Surely, He is the alone most
38. We said, “You all get down from the paradise then if any guidance comes to you from Me, then who-so-ever
followed My guidance, they have no fear nor any grief.
39. And those who disbelieve and shall belie My signs, they are the people of the hell, they have to live in it
40. O Children of Yaqoob recall My, that favour which I bestowed upon you and fulfil My covenant, I shall fulfil your
covenant and dread Me alone.
41. And believe in what I sent down confirming that which is with you and be not the first rejecter of it and accept
not small price for My signs and dread Me alone.
42. And confound not the truth with falsehood and conceal not the truth knowingly.
43. And establish prayer and pay the Zakat (Poor due) and bow with those who bow.
44. Do you order righteousness to mankind and forget yourselves whereas you read the Book? Then, have you no
45. And seek help in patience and prayer, and surely, the prayer is hard indeed save to those, who lean towards
Me with their hearts.
46. Who is sure that they have to meet their Lord and return unto Him alone?
47. O Children of Yaqoob recall My favour, which I bestowed upon you, and exalted you over the entire world in
48. And fear the day, when no soul shall be a substitute for another, and nor any Intercession be accepted for the
infidels and nor his soul be freed for any compensations and nor shall they be helped.
49. And recall when We delivered you from the Pharaoh’s people that afflicted you with grievous torment,
slaughtering your sons and keeping your daughters alive and in this, there was a great trial or great reward
from your Lord.
50. And when We divided the river for you then saved you and drowned pharaohs’ people before your eyes.
51. And We made a promise of forty nights’ with Moses, then after him, you began worshipping a calf and you were
52. Then We pardoned you after that so that you might be grateful.
53. And when We gave the Book to Moses and Criterion to judge between right and wrong so that you might be
on the right path.
54. And when Moses said to his people, “O my people, you have done” injustice to your souls by taking the Calf, turn
therefore towards your Creator then kill amongst yourselves each other. That is better for you with your
Creator, so He accepted your penitence. Surely, He is alone the most Relenting, Merciful.
55. And when you said, “O Moses, we shall never believe you, until we see Allah manifestly, then the thunderbolt
overtook you, while you were looking.
56. Then We made you alive after your death so that you might be grateful.
57. And We made cloud your shade and sent down on you Manna and Salwa, eat of Our good things, provided by
Us and they did no harm to Us, yes they had harmed their own souls.
58. And when We said, “Go into this town, then eat freely there from wherever you will, and enter the gate
prostrating and saying, ‘forgive our sins, We shall forgive your sins end it is possible that more be given to the
59. Then the unjust changed the words besides that which had been told, so We sent down upon them a scourge
from heaven, in lieu of their disobedience.
60. And when Moses asked water for his people, then We said, “Strike this rock with your staff,” atone, there
gushed forth twelve springs therefrom. Each group knew its drinking place. Eat and drink of what Allah has
provided and do not wander in the earth raising mischief.
61. And when you said, “O Moses, we will not remain content with one food, pray then to your Lord, that He bring
forth for us of what the earth grows, some vegetables and cucumbers and wheat and lentils and onions,” said,
“Do you demand inferior things in exchange for the superior?” Well get down in Egypt or in any city, there you
shall get that which you demanded, and humiliation and poverty were stamped upon them and drew in the
wrath of Allah. This was in lieu of their refusal of the Signs of Allah and slaying the prophets unjustly. This was
due to their disobedience and transgression.
62. Surely, those who believe, and the Jews and the Christians and the Sabians, whoever have faith with true
hearts in Allah and in the Last day and do good deeds, their reward is with their Lord, and there shall he no
fear for them nor any grief.
63. And when We took a covenant from you and raised high above you the Mount Toor, hold firmly to what We
give you, and remember what is therein, in the hope that you may become God-fearing.
64. Then you turned back thereafter, so if there had been no Grace of Allah and His mercy upon you, then you
would have been among the losers.
65. And, undoubtedly, you surely know, those among you who rebelled in the matter of Saturday (Sabbath). So
We said to them, “Be Apes, despised.”
66. Thus, We made this event of that town a warning to those of the present and to those after them and a lesson
to the God-fearing.
67. And when Moses said to his people, “Allah commands you to slaughter a cow”. They said, “You make us a
laughingstock”. He said, “Refuge of Allah, that I will be among the ignorant”.
68. They said, “Pray to your Lord that He tells us, what kind of the cow, is,” he said, “Says He, she is a cow,
neither old nor immature, but in between both”, so do what you are commanded.
69. They said, “Pray to your Lord that He tells us what her colour is,” he said, ‘Says He, she is a yellow cow, whose colour is intensely deep, delightful to the beholders.
70. They said, “Pray to Your Lord that He explain clearly to us, what kind of cow is that. Certainly, we have become
dubious about cows, and if Allah wills, we shall get the guidance.
71. (Moses) said, “Says He, that she is a cow, no service is taken from her nor she ploughs the earth, nor water
the filth, unblemished in which there is no spot. They said, “Now you brought the truth, then they slaughtered her
and were not willing to slaughter.
72. And when you shed blood, then began accusing for it each other and Allah was to disclose what you were
73. Then We said, “Strike with a part of that cow to the slain. Allah thus will give life to the dead and shows you
His Signs, so that you may understand.
74. Then, thereafter your hearts hardened, then they are like stones, but harder than these; and of stones there
are some from which rivers gush forth and some are those which split, then water comes therefrom and there
are some who fall down for fear of Allah, and Allah is not unmindful of your doings.
75. Then O Muslims! Do you covet that the Jews would believe you? And one group of them was that which used
to hear the words of Allah, then used to pervert it knowingly after having understood it.
76. And when they meet Muslims, they say, ‘We accepted the faith’, and when they are alone among themselves,
then they say, “Do you explain to Muslims that knowledge which Allah disclosed to you, that they thereby
argue with you before your Lord. Have you no wisdom?
77. Do they not know that Allah knows all that they conceal and all that they disclose?
78. And some of them are illiterate and do not know the Book, but oral reading or their own false notions and they
are in mere supposition.
79. Then there is woe for them who write the Book with their own hands and then say, “This is from Allah”, so that
they may gain a small price in lieu of it. Then there is woe for them for the writings of their own hands and woe
to them for such earning.
80. And they said, “The fire shall not touch us except for numbered days”, Say then, have you taken a promise
from Allah, then Allah, will never break His Promise. Or you say about Allah that which you do not know.
81. Aye, why not, who so earns vice and his sin encompasses him, he is one among the people of the hell, they
have to remain therein forever.
82. And those, who accepted faith and did good works. They are the people of Paradise. They have to remain
83. And when We took a covenant from the children of Israel that worship none save Allah and do good to parents
and to kindred, and orphans and the needy and speak well to people and establish prayer and pay the poor-due (Zakat); then you turned back, except a few among you and you are back-sliders.
84. And when We took a covenant from you, that shed no blood of your own and turn not out your own people
from your own towns, then you affirmed it and you are witnesses.
85. Then it is you who began slaying your own people and turn out a group of your own people from their
homeland, provides help to (their opponents) against them in sin and transgression, and if they come to you as
captives, you ransom them, and their expulsion is unlawful for you. Do you then have faith in some
commandments of God and refuse some others? Then whose of you do such, what is the reward of it, save
disgrace in the world, and on the day of Resurrection, they shall be driven towards severest torment, and Allah
is not unaware of your doings.
86. These are the people who purchased the life of the world for the life of Hereafter, so neither the torment shall
be lightened from over them nor they shall be helped.
87. And verily, We gave Moses the Book and after him send Messengers one after another, repeatedly, and gave
clear signs to Jesus son of Mary and helped him with the Holy Spirit. Then, do you grow arrogant; when any
Messenger came to you with what your soul desires not? So believe you a group of them (Prophets) and slay
88. The Jews said, “Our hearts are wrapped with covers, Nay Allah cursed them because of their blasphemy, so
little of them accept faith.
89. And when there came to them, that Book (Quran) of Allah, which confirms the Book (Taurat) with them, and
before that they were asking for victory over the infidels by means of the same prophet. Then, when came to
them that known and recognised one, they rejected him. So Allah’s curse on those who reject.
90. They sold their souls, for what a miserable price that they deny what Allah has sent down, with this jealousy
that, Allah of His grace sends revelation on whomsoever of His devotees He pleases. Thus they became worthy
of wrath upon wrath and there is humiliating torment for the infidels.
91. And when it is said to them, “Have faith in what Allah has sent down,” then they say, ‘We have faith in what
has been sent down to us and reject the rest, though it is the truth confirming what is with them. Say you,
‘why did you then kill former prophets, if you had faith upon your Book’?
92. And assuredly, Moses came to you with clear signs, then after that, you made the calf a god and you were
93. And recall, when We took a covenant from you and raised above your heads the mountain Tur, hold what We
give to you with firmness and listen. They said, ‘We heard and did not accept,’ and the calf was permeating in
their hearts because of their infidelity. Say then! ‘What a vile command is given to you by your faith, if at all
you have faith’.
94. Say you: ‘if the last home near Allah be for you solely, not for others, then well long for death, if you are
95. And they will never long for it ever, because of their evil deeds, which they have done before, and Allah knows
the unjust well.
96. And undoubtedly, you will find them that they are necessarily most covetous of life even more than of all the
people. And of idolaters, one is desirous of having a life of thousand years, and that will not keep him away
from the torment, even being granted such life. And Allah is seeing their doings.
97. Say you, ‘whoever be the enemy of Jibril- then he (Jibril) caused to descend on your heart this Quran by the
Command of Allah, Confirming the former Books, and there is guidance and glad tidings to Muslims’.
98. Whoever be the enemy of Allah and His angels and His Messengers and Jibril and Mikael, then Allah is the
enemy of infidels.
99. And undoubtedly, We sent down towards you manifest Signs; and none would be denying them but the
100. And is it that whenever they enter into a covenant, one party of them throws it out’ Nay; most of them have no
101. And when came to them a Messenger from Allah confirming their Books. A party of the people of the Book
threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if they had no knowledge.
102. And they followed that which was being recited by the devils in the reign of Suleman and Suleman did not
disbelieve, yes; the devils disbelieved. They teach magic to people and that (Magic) which was sent down unto
the two angels Harut & Marut in Babel. But both did teach nothing to anyone till they did not say this, “We are
nothing but trial”, then do not therefore lose your faith. They learnt that from them by which they might cause
separation between man and his wife, and they can not harm anyone, but by the command of Allah. And they
learn that which will harm them, and will not profit. And undoubtedly, they know that one who took this trade,
has no share in the hereafter and undoubtedly, what the evil thing is that for which they sold their souls, had
103. And if they had accepted faith and kept themselves aloof from sins, then there is better reward from Allah, had
104. O Men of faith do not say. Raina, but say humbly, respected Sir. “Look upon us” and from very beginning listen
carefully, and for the disbeliveers is a grievous torment.
105. Those who are infidels, whether people of the book or idolaters, do not desire that any good should be sent
down to you from your Lord and Allah chooses for His Mercy, whomsoever He pleases, and Allah is of
106. When any verse We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, then shall bring one better or the like thereof. Do you
not know that Allah can do all and every thing?
107. Do you not know that the sovereignty of heavens and earth is only for Allah and beside Allah, you have neither
any supporter nor helper?
108. Do you wish to question your Messenger as Moses was questioned before and whoever exchanges faith for
unbelief, he rightly has gone astray from the right path?
109. Many of the people of the Book desired, had you been turned back towards infidelity after faith! Out of sheer
envy of their hearts, after it that the truth has become manifest unto them, so leave them and overlook, till
Allah brings His command. Undoubtedly Allah is powerful over every thing.
110. And keep up the prayer and pay Zakat (poor due) and whatever good you shall send forth for your souls, you
shall find it with Allah. Undoubtedly Allah is seeing your doings.
111. And the people of the Book spoke, ‘None shall enter paradise, but he who be a Jew or Christian. These are
their vain desires. Say, you ‘Bring your proof, if you are truthful’.
112. Yes, why not, who submitted his face for Allah and is the doer of good, then his reward is with his Lord and
they have neither any fear nor any grief.
113. And the Jews spoke, ‘`The Christians are nothing,” and Christians spoke; “The Jews are nothing,” though they
read the Book. Even thus the illiterates said the like of their saying. Then Allah will judge between them on the
Day of Judgement regarding that wherein they are disputing.
114. Who is more unjust than he who prevents the mosques of Allah from being mentioned the name of Allah, and
strives to ruin them, it was not proper for them to enter the mosques but with fear. For them, there is disgrace
in the world and for them, there is great torment in the hereafter.
115. And east and west all is for Allah, then whichever side you turn your face there is the face of Allah (The mercy
of Allah inclined towards you). Undoubtedly Allah is all Embracing, all Knowing.
116. And they say ‘Allah has taken unto Himself a son’, sanctity is for Him. Nay, whatever is in the heavens and is in
the earth is His possession. All are unto Him subservient.
117. The Originator of the heavens and the earth, and when He decrees any thing, then says to it only, ‘Be and it
becomes at once.”
118. And the illiterates spoke, ‘Why Allah speaks not to us or any sign is being given to us. Likewise said those
before them, similar to their saying. The hearts of these people and of those are alike. Undoubtedly, We
manifested the signs for the persons of firm faith.
119. Assuredly, We have sent you with the truth; bearer of glad tidings and a Warner and you shall not be
questioned about the inmates of Hell.
120. And never the Jews and Christians will be pleased with you unless you follow their Din (creed). Say then! ‘The
guidance of Allah is the only guidance’, (O listener who he may be) if you become follower of their desires,
after the knowledge that has come to you, then no one will be your protector from Allah and no helper.
121. Those who have been given the Book by Us, they recite it as it ought to be, they alone have faith unto it and
those who disbelieve it, they alone are the losers.
122. O Children of Yaqoob! Remember My favour which I bestowed upon you and that I exalted you above all
people of that period.
123. And fear the day when no soul shall be a substitute for another and nor it shall be freed for any compensation,
and nor any intercession will profit the infidels and nor will they be helped.
124. And when his Lord tested Ibrahim with certain words then he fulfilled them. Said He “I am to make you leader
of the people,” submitted he” and from my off springs”. Said He, “My covenant does not reach to the unjust”.
125. And recall! When We made this house a place of assembly for the people and a place of safety, and make the
station of Ibrahim a place of prayer and We enjoined strictly upon Ibrahim and Ismail to purify well My house
for those who go around it and those who stay therein for devotion and those who bow down and prostrate.
126. And when Ibrahim submitted “O my Lord make this City a region of peace and feed the inhabitants of it with
varied fruits to such of them who believe in Allah and the Last Day,’ said He, “and who became unbeliever, to
him also I will give a little to use, and then shall force him towards the torment of the hell and that is an evil
place of return.
127. And when Ibrahim was raising the foundations of this house and Ismail (too) praying, O Our Lord accept from
us, undoubtedly, You alone Hear and Know’.
128. ‘O Our Lord! Make us submissive to You and of our offspring a nation submissive to You, tell us our ways of
worship, and turn to us with Your mercy. Surely, You alone are most Relenting and Merciful.
129. ‘O Our Lord, and send in them a messenger from among themselves, who may recite to them Your signs and
teach them Your Book and wise knowledge and may purify them well. Surely, You are alone the Predominant,
130. And who will turn his face from the religion of Ibrahim, save one who is a foolish in heart, and undoubtedly,
We necessarily, chose him in the world and surely he is among the people having ability to gain Our special
proximity in the hereafter.
131. When his Lord said to him, “Surrender”, submitted he, ‘I surrendered to Him, Who is the Lord of all the worlds’.
132. And Ibrahim left the legacy of the same religion to his sons and Yaqoob too; that ‘O my sons, surely Allah has
chosen this religion for you, therefore die not, but as Muslim.
133. On the contrary, some of you were present, when death came to Yaqoob, when he said to his sons, ‘whom you
will worship after me’, said they ‘we shall worship He Who is your God and of your fathers Ibrahim and Ismail
and Ishaque, the one God and to Him we have submitted ourselves’.
134. This is a community that has passed away, for them what they earned and for you are what you earn and you
shall not be questioned for their deeds.
135. And the people of the book spoke, ‘Be Jews or Christians, you will get guidance’. Say you, ‘on the contrary, we
take the religion of Ibrahim who was away from every falls-hood and was not among the polytheists’.
136. Say like this, ‘we believe in Allah and what has been sent down towards us and what was sent down on
Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaque and Yaqoob and on his son and what was given to Moses and Christ and what
was given to the rest of the prophets from their Lord: we do not differentiate between any of them in the
matter of faith and we have submitted ourselves to Allah.
137. Then if they believe too, as you have believed then they are guided, and if they turn back their faces, then they
are but in total schism. So, O beloved, prophet! Soon Allah will suffice you on behalf of them. He is alone
Hearing and Knowing.
138. We took the dye of Allah and whose dye is better than Allah and We worship Him alone.
139. Say you! ‘Do you dispute about Allah, though He is our Lord and yours too; and our doings are with us and
your doings with you, and we belong totally to Him alone.
140. On the contrary, you say like this, that Ibrahim, and Ismail and Ishaque and Yaqoob and his sons were Jews or
Christians; say then, ‘have you more knowledge or Allah,’ and who is more unjust than he who conceals’ the
testimony and Allah is not unmindful of your doings.
141. That is a community that has passed away, for them is their earning and for you is your earning and you shall
not be questioned of their works.
142. Now the fools will say: ‘who has turned the Muslims from their Qibla on which they had been? Say you: ‘East
and West all belong to Allah; He guides whom He likes to the right path.
143. And thus We made you exalted among all nations that you may be witnesses to the people and this Messenger
your guard and witness. And O, beloved! We had not made that Qibla upon which you had been before, but to
see who follows the Messenger and who turns back upon his heals. And verily, indeed it was hard, but to those
who were guided by Allah. And it does not behave Allah that He might waste your faith: Verily Allah is very
Kind and Merciful to human beings.
144. We are seeing the turning of your face towards heaven repeatedly; necessarily then We will turn you towards
that Qibla which pleases you. Turn your face towards the sacred mosque (Kaaba) just now; and O Muslims!
Turn your faces towards the same, whenever you be. And those who; have been given the Book know
necessarily, that this is the truth from their Lord, and Allah is not unaware of their doings.
145. And even if you should, bring every sign to those people of the Book, they would not follow your Qibla: And
you follow not their Qibla, and they are not followers of each other Qibla among themselves too. And (O
listener, whoever he may be) if you should follow their desires after the knowledge that has been given to you,
then at that time, you shall surely be of the transgressors.
146. Those whom We gave the Book recognise this prophet as a man recognises his sons and no doubt, a group of
them conceal the truth knowingly.
147. (O Listener) If it is the truth from your Lord (or the truth is that which is from your Lord) then beware! Doubt
148. And there is a direction of inclination for everyone towards which, he turns his face; then desire that you may
surpass others in good deeds. Wherever you be, Allah will bring you all together. No doubt, Allah has the
power to do all that He wills.
149. And from where so ever you come forth turn your face towards the sacred Mosque (Kaaba) and that is
necessarily, the truth from your Lord and Allah is not unaware of your doings.
150. And O beloved! When so-ever you come forth turn your face towards the sacred Mosque (Kaaba) And O
Muslims! Turn your faces towards the same, wherever you be, so that people may have no argument against
you, but those among them who do injustice, so fear them not and fear Me. And it is for this that I may perfect
My favour upon you and that you may be rightly guided.
151. As We sent in you Messenger from among you, that he recites Our signs to you and purifies you and teaches
you the Book and mature knowledge and teaches you that which you did not know.
152. Therefore remember Me, I shall remember you, and accept My right and do not be ungrateful to Me.
153. O Believers! Seek help with patience and prayer; no doubt, Allah is with the Patients.
154. And say not those who are killed in the path of Allah as dead; but they are alive yes, you are unaware.
155. And necessarily, We shall put you to test with something of fear and hunger and with some loss of wealth and
lives and fruits; and give glad tidings to the patient.
156. That when any calamity comes to them, then they say “We are belongings of Allah and we are to return to Him
157. These are the people on whom are the benediction from their Lord and mercy; and they are only on the
158. No doubt, Safa and Marwa are among the symbols of Allah, then whose makes pilgrimage to this House or
performs “Umra”, there is no sin for him that he may go round both, and who so does any good voluntarily,
then Allah is Appreciating and All-knowing.
159. No doubt, those who conceal what We have sent down of clear signs and guidance after that We have made it
clear in the Book for the people, on them there is the curse of Allah and the curse of those who curse.
160. But those who repent and amend and make manifest then I shall accept their repentance and I am the only
161. No doubt, those who disbelieved and died as disbelievers on them are the curse of Allah and of Angels and of men combined.
162. They will never remain in it, neither the torment shall be lightened from them nor shall they be granted
163. And your God is one God, there is no God but He most Gracious and Merciful.
164. Verily, the creation of heavens and earth and coming of night and day alternately, and the boat that sails in the
river for the benefit of the people, and that which Allah sends down of water from heaven, and revives the
dead earth thereby and scatters all kinds of beast therein, and the change of winds and the cloud that is
obedient between heaven and earth, in all of them, necessarily there are signs for the wise people.
165. And some people set some other deities of worship other than Allah that they love them as they are to love
Allah and the believers love not anyone equal to that of Allah. And what would be the condition, if the
transgressors see the time when the torments would come before their eyes because all power belongs to
Allah and because the torment of Allah is severe.
166. When those who were followed would be disgusted with their followers and would see the torment and all their
ties shall be cut asunder.
167. And the followers will say, ‘Would that for us there were a return (in the world) then We would have broken
with them as they have broken with us. Thus will Allah show them their works as anguish for them, and they
are not to come out from the Fire.
168. O, Mankind! Eat of whatever is in earth lawful clean and follow not the steps of the Devil, no doubt, he is your
169. He will only command you to evil and indecency and that you should say of Allah what you do not know.
170. And when it is said to them, ‘follow what Allah has sent down, they say, ‘Nay We shall follow that whereon we
found our fathers, what! Even if their fathers had no sense at all and no guidance?
171. And the saying of disbeliveers is like him who calls unto that who hears nothing except a shout and cry; deaf,
dumb, blind, so they have no sense.
172. O, believers! Eat our good things provided to you, and be grateful to Allah, if it is He whom you worship.
173. He has only made unlawful to you the Carrion, and blood and the flesh of swine and the animal that has been
slaughtered by calling a name other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, eat neither desiring not,
exceeding the need then there is no sin on him, no doubt, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
174. Those who conceal the Book sent down by Allah and in exchange of it accept mean price; they fill-in their
bellies with fire only and Allah will not talk to them on the Day of Resurrection and nor will He purify them and
for them is painful torment.
175. Those are they who purchased error in exchange of guidance and torment for forgiveness. Then to what
degree is their endurance for fire.
176. This is because Allah sent down the Book with truth, and no doubt, those who began to put difference in the
Book, they are necessarily, brawlers of highest degree.
177. The real righteousness is not this that you turn your face towards East or West; yes, the real virtue is this that
one has faith in Allah and the Last day and the angels and the Book and the Prophets and gives his dear wealth
for love of Allah to kindred and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for redeeming
necks, and establishes prayer and pays poor due (Zakat); and the performer of their promises when make
promise and the patients in tribulation and adversity and at time of crusade;-These are they, who proved truth
of their talks and they are only God-fearing.
178. O, believers: It is obligatory upon you to take retaliation of the blood of those who are killed innocently, the.
Free for free and the slave for slave and woman for woman. Then as for him who is forgiven something by his
brother, there should be demand for payment with kindness and the payment be made satisfactorily well. This
is to ease your burden from your Lord and a mercy upon you. Then after this one who transgresses for him
there is painful torment.
179. And there is life for you in retaliating for blood, O men of understanding! So that you may save yourselves.
180. Made obligatory on you that when death approaches any of you, if he leaves some property, then he should
make a will for his parents and near relatives according to usage. This is an obligation on those who fear God.
181. Then who so changes the will after hearing, the sin thereof is only on those who change it. No doubt, Allah
knows and hears.
182. Then who feared, that the testator has done certain injustice or sin, then he made peace between them, there
is no sin for him no doubt Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
183. O Believers! Fasting have been made obligatory upon you as were made obligatory upon those before you, so
that you may become pious.
184. The days are counted. Then who so among you is ill or on a journey then same number of fasting in other
days, and those who have no strength, they should give in ransom meal to a needy: then who so does more
good voluntarily, then that is better for him, and fasting is better for you if you know.
185. The month of Ramzan in which Quran was sent down, the direction for the people and guidance and clear
signs of judgement; that whoso of you finds this month, necessarily, he should fast in it, and whoso is ill or on
a journey then same number of fasting in other days; Allah desires facility for you and desires not hardship and
for this, that you should complete the counting and speak of the Greatness of Allah, as He guided you and so
that you may be grateful.
186. And O beloved, when My bondsmen ask you about Me, then I am indeed near, accept the call of the caller
when he calls upon Me; then they should obey My Commands and believe in Me, so that they may get the way.
187. It was made lawful for you to go near your women in the nights of fasting. They are your garments and you
are their garments. Allah know that you used to put your souls in defalcation, then He accepted your
repentance and pardoned you; then now copulate (Intercourse) with them and seek what Allah has written in
your destiny and eat and drink until white thread becomes distinct to you from the black thread at the dawn;
then complete the fasts till coming of night, and do not touch the women when you remain in the mosques, for
devotion. These are the limits of Allah, do not approach them. Allah thus describes His Signs to the people, so
that they may become pious.
188. And do not eat up unjustly the property of each other among yourselves and nor’ convey their cases to the
authorities for devouring unlawfully some portion of the property of the people knowingly.
189. They ask you about the new moons. Say you, ‘They are the signs of time for the people and pilgrimage (Haj).
And it is no virtue that you enter your houses by the backs thereof, yes, the virtue is piety, so come in houses
by their doors and fear Allah in the hope that you may get prosperity.
190. And fight in the way of Allah, those who fight against you and do not transgress, Allah does not love the
191. And kill the infidels wherever you find and turn them out from the place where from they turned you out; and
their mischief is more grievous than killing. And if they fight them near the sacred mosque unless they fight
you therein, and they fight against you then kill, them. This is the only punishment of infidels.
192. Then if they desist, then no doubt, Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
193. And fight them until there is no mischief and be there worship of one Allah, then if they desist, there is no
violence save against oppressors.
194. There is forbidden month in exchange of forbidden month and elegant manner in exchange of elegant manner
Whoso does violence against you, do violence against him in the same measure as he did, and remain tearing
Allah and know that Allah is with the God-fearing.
195. And spend in the way of Allah, and cast not yourself in destruction with your hand and be good-doers; no
doubt! Good doers are the beloveds of Allah.
196. And fulfil the Haj and Umra for Allah. Then if you are prevented, send sacrifice which you may get easily and
shave not your heads, unless the sacrifice reaches its destination; Then whoso is ill of you or there is some
ailment in his head, then he should keep fast in exchange or give alms or sacrifice, then when you are at ease,
then whoso takes advantage by combining Umra with Haj, on him there is sacrifice which may be obtained
easily. Then whoso cannot afford. He should fast for three days during Haj and seven days when he returns
back home, these are ten days complete. This Command is for him who is not the dweller of Mecca and
remains fearing to Allah and knows that the torment of Allah is severe.
197. The months of Haj are known; then whoso determines to perform Haj in these months, then there should be
no mention of Copulation before women nor any sin nor quarrelling with anyone till the time of Haj; and
whatever good you do, Allah knows it. And take necessary provision with you, the best provision is piety and
remain fearing Me, O Men of under standing!
198. There is no sin unto you that you seek the bounty of your Lord. Then when you return back from ‘Arafat’
remembers Allah near Mashhare-Haram (Qazah Mountain) and remembers Him as He guided you and no
doubt, you had gone astray before.
199. Then the thing is this that O Men of Quraish, you also return back from the same place whence the people
return back and seek forgiveness from Allah: no doubt Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
200. Then when you have completed the acts of Haj, remember Allah as you used to remember your fathers, but
more than that, and some one says like this, ‘O our Lord give us in the world and there is no share of him in
201. And someone says like this, ‘O our Lord give us good in the world and give us good in the Hereafter and save
us from the torment of the Hell
202. To such people there is share from their earning and Allah is swift at reckoning.
203. And remember Allah during Numbered days. Then whoso hastens to leave in two days; there is no sin unto him
and whoso stays behind, then on him is no sin for the God fearing, and remain fearing God and know that you
have to be raised unto Him.
204. And some one of men is he whose talk seems pleasing to you and bring Allah as a witness on what is in his
heart, while he is the greatest disputer.
205. And when he turns his back then wanders spreading mischief in the land and destroys the crops and lives and
Allah agrees not with the mist chief.
206. And when it is said to him, ‘fear Allah’ then he becomes more persistence in sin, to such the hell is enough and
that is necessarily, a very bad bed.
207. And some one of men sells his life in seeking the pleasure of Allah and Allah is Merciful over his bondmen.
208. O People of Faith! enter into Islam as a whole and do not follow the footsteps of Satan (devil); no doubt, he is
your open enemy.
209. And even after this, that clear commands have come unto you, you slip, then know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
210. What they are waiting for but for this that the torment of Allah should come in the coverings of clouds and the
angels should come down and the affairs be completed and to Allah are all affairs returned.
211. Ask children of Israel, how many clear signs We gave them and whoso changes the favour of Allah after it has
come, then no doubt, the torment of Allah is severe.
212. The life of the world has been decorated in the eyes of infidels and they laugh at Muslims and those who fear
would be above them on the Day of Resurrection; and God bestows without counting whomsoever He pleases.
213. People were on one religion thereafter Allah sent prophets giving good tidings and warning and sent down with
them the true Book that it should judge between people in their differences. And only those differed in the
Book to whom it was given after clear commands had come to them, through refraction among themselves.
Then Allah showed the truth to the believers in which they were quarrelling by His Command, and Allah shows
the straight path whomsoever He pleases.
214. Do you imagine that you will enter Paradise, and yet the incidents like of your forerunners did not come unto
you? The affliction and adversity reached to them and they were badly shaken until the messenger and
believers along with him said, ‘when will come the help of Allah Listen: no doubt, the help of Allah is nigh.
215. They ask you what they should spend. Say: whatever wealth you spend in good, then that is for parents and
near relatives and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good you do, no doubt: Allah
216. It was made obligatory upon you, to fight in the path of God and though it is disliked by you, and it may
happen that any thing may be disliked by you and that may be in your favour, and it may happen that anything
may be liked by you and that may not be in your favour, and Allah knows and you do not know.
217. They ask you the precept for fighting in the sacred month. Say you: ‘Fighting therein is a great sin; but to
prohibit from the way of Allah, and not to have faith in Him and to prevent from the sacred Mosque (Haram)
and to oust its dwellers, are greater sins than it with Allah; and their mischief is more grievous than killing. And
they will remain fighting against you always, until they turn you back from your faith, if they can. And whoso
among you turns back from his faith, then dies as an infidel, then their works shall go in vain in the world and
in the Hereafter, and they are the people of Hell and will abide in it.
218. Those who believed and those who left their home and hearth for Allah and fought in the way of Allah, they
are the aspirants of the mercy of Allah and Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
219. They ask you the precept of wine and gambling. Say you, ‘in both there is great sin and also some worldly
profit for the people but their sin is greater than their profit and ask you what they ought to spend, say you,
‘that which is saved after your needs’. Thus, Allah explains to you His Signs so that you may do after reflecting,
220. The works of the world and the Hereafter. And they ask you, the precept about orphans. Say you, ‘To do good
to them is better, and if you intermix your and their expenses then they are your brothers; and Allah knows
well the mischief-maker from the reformer. And had Allah so willed, He would have put you into hardship, no
doubt, Allah is Mighty, Wise.
221. And marry not idolaters until they accept faith and no doubt, a Muslim bondman is better than an idolater is
though she may please you. And give not in marriage to idolaters until they accept faith, and no doubt, a
Muslim bondman is better than an idolater, though he may please you. They call towards Hell and Allah call
towards Heaven and forgiveness by His Command and explain His Signs for the people so that they may accept
222. And they ask you the precept about menstruation. Say you: – that is a pollution, so keep away from women
during menstruation and do not approach them until they are roach them until they are clean. Then when they
are clean, go in unto them whence Allah has commanded you. No doubt, Allah likes the constant repentance
and likes cleansers.
223. Your women are tilths for you, then come in your tilth as you will, and do first the work for your good, and
remain fearing Allah and know that you are to meet Him. And O beloved! Give glad tidings to the believers.
224. And make not Allah the target of your oaths that you may take oath for not doing good and nor fearing Allah
and nor making peace between men; and Allah Hears, Knows.
225. Allah does not call you to account for your such oaths as they come out from your tongs unintentionally, yes,
He calls you to account for what your hearts have done, and Allah is Forgiving, For” bearing.
226. For those who swear off from going to their wives is an awaiting of four months; hence if they go back in this
period, then Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
227. And if you decide firmly to divorce, then Allah Hears, Knows.
228. And divorced women should keep their souls away till three menstruations, and it is not lawful to them that
they conceal what Allah has created in their wombs. If they have faith in Allah and the Last Day. And their
husbands have the right to take them back during that period provided they will to rejoin. And the women have
rights similar to those over them according to law, and men have superiority over them and Allah is Dominant,
229. This divorce is for two times only; then is to retain with good or to release with kindness, and it is not allowed
to you to take back something of what you have given to the women, but if both fear that they could not keep
the limits of Allah. Then, if you fear that the Twain shall not remain just on the same limits then there is no sin
on them for that with which the woman ransoms herself. These are the limits of Allah, do not transgress them,
and whoso transgresses the limits of Allah, then they are the oppressors.
230. Then if she is divorced for the third time, then that women will not be lawful to him, until she lives with another
husband, then if that second one divorces her, then there is no sin on the twain if they come together again, if
they think that they will observe the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah. He explains them for the
231. And when you divorce women and their period are completed, then, till that time either retain them kindly or
release them kindly, but there should not be retention to hurt them so that you may transgress the limit and
whoso does this, he wrongs his own soul, and do not make jest of the signs of Allah and remember the favour
of Allah upon you and the Book and Wisdom which He has sent down to you for admonishing you, and remain
fearing Allah and know that Allah knows all things.
232. And when you divorce women and their period are completed, then O guardians of women! Prevent them not
from marrying their husbands, when they agree among themselves according to law. This counsel is given to
him who among you have faith in Allah and the Last Day. This is cleaner and purer for you, and Allah knows
and you do not know.
233. And mothers should suckle their children for complete two years, for him who intends to complete the period of
suckling, and to whom the child belongs, on him there is feeding and clothing of the women according to
convention. No soul shall be burdened but within his capacity, the mother should not be made to suffer
because of her child and nor father because of his child or (the mother should not make the child to suffer, and
nor father to his child, and the same is incumbent on the father’s heir. Then if the mother and father both try
to wean by mutual consent and consultation, there is no sin on them; and if you wish that your children should
be suckled by nurses, then too there is no blame on you, provided what was agreed to pay is paid by you with
kindness, and remain fearing Allah and know that Allah is seeing your works.
234. And those of you who die and leave behind wives, they should keep themselves apart for a period of four
months and ten days, then when they complete their period, then O guardians! There is no blame on you in
anything, which the women do with regard to themselves according to law. And Allah is aware what you do.
235. And there is no sin on, you regarding this, that you sent offer of marriage to women by giving obscure hint or
hold it in your hearts. Allah knows that now you will remember them. Yes, make not with them secret contract,
but say that much only which is known in law. And do not resolve wedding-tie until the written term reaches to
its period and know that Allah knows what is in your heart, then fear him and know that Allah is Forgiving,
236. There is no any demand against you if you divorce the women while you have not touched them or have fixed
any dower. And give them something to carry on with the men of resources according to his means and the
poor according to his means some” thing to carry on with, this is incumbent on the well doers.
237. And if you divorced women without touching them and for them you had already fixed some dower, then what
much was agreed half of it is incumbent but if the women forgo something or he gives more in whose hand is
the tied of the marriage, and O men your giving more is nearer to’ piety. And do not forget doing good to each
other among! Your selves. No doubt, Allah is seeing your works.
238. Watch over all your prayers and the middle prayer and stand before Allah with devotion.
239. And if you are in fear then, on foot or riding, as you can, then when you are secure remember Allah as He
taught you that which you did not know.
240. And those of you who die and leave behind them wives, they should bequeath for their women to provide them
maintenance for a year without turning them out; then if they themselves leave, you are not accountable
regarding any proper thing which they did in their matters and Allah is Dominant, Wise.
241. And for a divorced woman too there is proper maintenance, it is incumbent on the God fearing
242. Thus Allah explains His signs for you so that you may understand.
243. O beloved! Had you not seen those who came out from their homes and they were in thousands for fear of
death? Then Allah said to them. “Die” and thereafter made them alive. No doubt, Allah is Gracious to people
but most of the people are ungrateful.
244. And fight in the way of Allah and know that Allah Hears Knows.
245. Is there any who should give a goodly loan to Allah so that Allah may increase many times for him. And Allah
scants and amplifies, and you are to return unto Him.
246. O Beloved! Did you not see a group of the children of Israel after Moosa? When they spoke to a prophet of
theirs, ‘raise for us a king that we may fight in the way of Allah’. The prophet told, ‘Are your style like this that
if the fighting is made obligatory on you, thereafter you may not fight’? Spoke they, ‘what happened to us that
we should not fight in the way of Allah whereas we have been driven away from our homeland and from our
Children? But when fighting was made obligatory! On them, they turned their faces but a few of them, and
Allah knows very well the, unjust.
247. And their prophet said to them. ‘Verily Allah has sent Talut as your king.’ Spoke they ‘How can there be
kingship of him over us, whereas we are more entitled for the kingship than he, and nor he has been given
abundance of wealth too’. Said the prophet “Allah has chosen him over you, and has increased him abundantly
in knowledge and body, and Allah gives His kingdom to whom He will and Allah is All-Embracing All-knowing.
248. And their prophet said to them: ‘the sign of his king ship is that there would come to you an ark in which there
is ranquility of hearts from your Lord, and there are something left of the relics of the respectable Moosa and
the respectable Haroon, the angels raising it would bring. No doubt, in it there is great sign for you if you
249. When Talut aparted taking the armies from the City spoke he: ‘no doubt Allah is to test you with a stream.
Then whoso drinks he is not mine, and whose drinks not, he is mine, but he who takes a sip with his hand,
then all drank of it except a few of them. Again when Talut and the Muslim with him went across the stream
spoke, ‘we have no power against Jalut and his armies’. Those who were sure to meet Allah spoke, ‘that often
a small party has triumphed over a large party by Allah’s Command, and Allah is with the steadfast.
250. Again when they came across Jalut and his armies, they submitted: ‘O our Lord pour forth steadfastness upon
us and make our steps firm, and help us against disbelieving people.
251. Then they routed them by the Command of Allah and Daud slew Jalut and Allah gave him Kingdom and
wisdom and taught him what He pleased. And if Allah would not repel some of them by some others among
people, then necessarily the earth, would have been ruined, but Allah is Munificent to entire, world.
252. These are the verses of. Allah, that O beloved! We recite correctly to you and you are no doubt one of the
253. These are messengers! That in them We caused one to excel upon the other: to some of them Allah spoke:
and some one is he who was raised high in degrees over-all, and We gave clear signs to Isa son of Marium and
aided him with holy spirit and had Allah so willed, then those who came after them would not have fought
among themselves after the clear signs had come to them. But they differed, some of them remained faithful
and some became disbeliveers and if Allah so willed, they would not have fought; but Allah does whatever He
254. O Believers! Spend in the way of Allah out of what We have given you before coming of the Day in which there
is neither trafficking not friendship and nor intercession for infidels and the infidels are themselves the persons
255. Allah is; none is to be worshiped save Him, He is Himself Alive and Sustainer of others. Slumber seizes Him not,
nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever in the earth. Who is he that would
intercede with Him save by His leave. Knows He what is before them and what is behind them and they get
nothing of His knowledge save what He desires. The heaven and earth are contained in His Throne and their
guarding is not a burden for Him and He is the only Exalted, the Supreme.
256. There is no compulsion in religion; no doubt the virtuous path has become clearly distinct from the erring; then
whoso does not accept devil and believes in Allah, he grasped a very firm knot which is never to open and Allah
Hears and Knows.
257. Allah is the Protector of Muslims; brings them out from darkness towards light and the supporters of infidels
are devils, and they bring them forth from light towards darkness. They are the people of hell, they are to
258. O Beloved (Prophet)! Had you not seen him who quarrelled with Ibrahim about his Lord because Allah gave
him Kingdom? When Ibrahim said, my Lord is He who gives life and causes death, said he, ‘I give life and
cause death’. Ibrahim said, ‘Well, Allah brings sun from East: bring it you from the West. ‘Thereupon the
infidels were confounded and Allah guides not the unjust people.
259. Or like him who passed by a town and it was laid down fallen upon its roofs. Spoke he, ‘How Allah shall give
life to it after its death. Then Allah kept him died for a hundred years; then gave him life. Said, He! ‘How long
you stayed here, submitted he ‘I would have stayed a full day or a little less.’ He said, ‘No you have passed a
hundred years, and look at your food and drink; they are not stinked as yet and look at your ass whose bones
even are not safe. And this is that We may make you a sign for the people. And look at these bones how, We
set them up, then cover them with flesh. When this matter became clear to him, said, ‘I know very well that
Allah is Potent over all things.
260. And when Ibrahim submitted, ‘O my Lord, show me how You shall give life to the dead.’ Said He, ‘do you not
believe.’ Submitted he, ‘why not, but I like that my heart may be at rest. ‘Said He, ‘then well, taking four birds,
make them familiar to you, then put a part of each of them on each hill, thereafter call them they will come to
you running with their feet. And know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
261. The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like that of a grain which caused to grow
seven ears and in each ear one hundred grains and Allah may increase more than that for whomsoever He
pleases; and Allah is Bountiful, All-knowing.
262. Those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah, then after spending neither boast of favours conferred nor
injure, their reward is with their Lord, and they shall have no fear, nor any grief.
263. To speak kind word and to forgive is better than that; charity followed by injury. And Allah is above want,
264. O Believers! Void not your charities by boasting of your favours conferred and injuring, like him who spent his
wealth for showing to people and believes not in Allah and Last Day. Then the example of him is like that of a
smooth rock on which is dust of earth; now a heavy rain fell upon it leaving it a bare stone. They shall have no
control on anything of what they have earned and Allah guides not the infidels.
265. And the example of those who spend their wealth in seeking the pleasure of Allah and for strengthening their
hearts is like that garden which is on an elevated ground; a heavy rain fell upon it then it brought forth its
fruits two fold; again if a heavy rain reaches it not, then dew suffices. And Allah is seeing what you do.
266. Would any one of you like it that he would have a garden of dates and grapes beneath which rivers would have
been flowing; for him, there is every kind of fruit in it, and old age came to him and he has weak children, then
came a whirlwind on it in which there was fire, so it was burnt? Thus Allah explains to you His signs, so that
you may ponder.
267. O Believers! Give something of your pure earnings and of what We produce from the earth for you; and intend
not to give especially vile of it, whereas if you get of it, you will not accept unless you close your eyes in it. And
know that Allah is free of all wants, Praiseworthy.
268. The devil dreads you of destitution and commands you of lewdness, and Allah promises you forgiveness and
abundance. And Allah is All-Embracing All-Knowing.
269. Allah grants wisdom to whom He pleases and he who got wisdom indeed got abundant good; and none
accepts counsel but men of under” standing.
270. And whatsoever you spend or vows Allah knows it and the unjust have no helpers.
271. If you give charity openly then what a good thing it is; and if you give to beggars hidingly it is better for you
than every thing, and He will remove some of your sins. And Allah is Aware of what you do.
272. To guide them is not your responsibility; yes Allah guides whomsoever He pleases. And whatsoever good thing
you give it is for your own good, and it is not proper for you to spend but for seeking pleasure of Allah and
whatever of wealth you give, you will get back in full and you shall not be wronged.
273. For those beggars who are detained in the way of Allah, they cannot move about in the earth. The ignorant
man thinks them wealthy because of their restraint. You shall recognise them from their faces; they do not beg
of men importunately. And whatever you give in charity Allah knows it.
274. Those who spend their wealth (in charity) in the night and in the day secretly and openly. They have their
reward with their Lord. There is neither any fear nor any grief to them.
275. Those who devour interest shall not stand on the Day of judgement, but like the standing of one whom the evil
spirit has by touching made mad. This is because they said ‘The trade too is like interest,’ and Allah made trade
lawful and made interest unlawful. So he, who received admonition from his Lord and refrained, then whatever
he took before is lawful to him, and his affair is with Allah. And now whoever shall commit such. Fault, they are
men of hell, they will live therein for longer period.
276. Allah destroys interest and increases charity and Allah loves not any ungrateful big sinner.
277. No doubt, those who accepted faith and did good deeds and established prayer and paid the Zakat, (poor-due)
their reward is with their Lord and there is neither any fear nor any grief to them.
278. O Believers! Fear Allah and leave what remains of interest if you are Muslims.
279. But if you do not do like this, then be sure of war from Allah and the Messenger of Allah. And if you repent
then take your principal sums, neither you wrong anyone nor be wronged yourselves.
280. And if the debtor is a man in hardship then give him time till it is easy, and to remit the debt fully is better for
you if you know.
281. And fear the day in which you shall be made to return to Allah and shall every soul be paid in full what it has
earned and they shall not be wronged.
282. O Believers! When you enter the transaction of any debt for a fixed period, then write it down. And a scribe
should write between you justly, and the scribe should not refuse to write as he has been taught by Allah, then
he should write and let him on whom. The liability falls dictate and fear Allah Who is his Lord and leaves not
behind something out of the liability. Then again he on whom liability falls be of low understanding or be weak
or be unable to dictate; then let his guardian dictate justly. And make two witnesses from among your men,
then if two men be not available then a man and two women such witnesses, as you like, so that either of the
two women errs in memory, then the other may remind to that one. And when the witnesses are called, they
should not refuse to come. And do not take it as a burden, the liability be it small or big, write it down along
with its fixed period. It is juster in the sight of Allah, in it the evidence will be more suitable and it is nearer to it
that you may not be in doubt; save a ready merchandise which you give or take from hand to hand, there is no
sin on you if you write it not. And when you trade, make witnesses. And neither any scribe be harmed nor the
witness (or neither the scribe do harm nor the witness). And if you do such then it would be your
insubordination. And fear Allah and Allah teaches you and Allah knows everything.
283. And if you are on a journey, and you find not a scribe then let there be pledge with possession. And if in
between you one entrusts the other, then let he whom he trusted deliver his trust and fear Allah Who is his
Lord and conceal not evidence; and whosoever would conceal evidence, then his heart is sinful from inside,
and Allah knows your deeds.
284. To Allah belongs what” ever is in the heaven and whatever is in the earth; and if you disclose whatever is in
your heart or keep it hidden, Allah will call you to account for it; then He will forgive whomsoever He pleases
and punish whomsoever He pleases, and Allah is Potent over everything.
285. The Messenger believed in that which was sent down to him from his Lord and the believers all accepted Allah
and His angels and His Books and His messengers saying this, ‘that we do not differentiate in the matter of
having faith in any of His messengers’ and submitted that we heard and obeyed. Let there be your forgiveness,
O our Lord! And to you is our return.
286. Allah places no burden on any soul but to the extent of his strength whatever good it earned is useful for it
and whatever bad it earned is a loss for it. O our Lord! Catch not us if we forget or miss the mark! O our Lord!
And place not a heavy burden on us as you had placed on those before us. O our Lord! But not that burden on
us of which we have no strength to bear! And pardon us and forgive and have mercy on us. You are our
Master; then help us against the infidels.
Surah: Al-`Imrân (The Family of Imran)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 200
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif. Lam Mim.
2. Allah is. Beside Whom none is to be worshiped. Self-Living, Sustainer of others.
3. He sent down to you this true Book, confirming preceding Books, and He sent down Tawrat and Injil before
4. A for time guiding the people and sent down the criterion; No doubt, for those who denied the Signs of Allah is
the severe torment and Allah the Mighty, is Possessor of the power of retribution.
5. Nothing is hidden from Allah, neither in the earth nor in the heaven.
6. It is He Who forms your shape in the wombs of the mothers as He pleases. Besides Whom none is to be
worshiped the Dominant, the Wise.
7. It is He Who sent down upon you the Book, in which some verses have clear meaning, they are the substance
of the Book, and others are those, in the meaning of which there is doubt. Those in whose hearts there is
perversity pursue doubtful one desiring deviation and searching their own viewpoint of it, and its right
interpretation is known to Allah alone. And those of firm knowledge say, ‘We believed in it, all is from our Lord
and none accept admonition save men of understanding.
8. ‘O our Lord! Let not our hearts become perverse after this that You guided us and bestow on us mercy from
Yourself; no doubt, You are the big Bestower.
9. ‘O our Lord! No doubt You are the assembler of all people for the Day in which there is no doubt. Undoubtedly
the promise of Allah changes not.
10. No doubt, those who became infidels; their riches and their children shall avail them nothing against Allah and
it is they who are the fuel of the hell.
11. Like the people of Pharaohs and those before them, they belied our Signs; then Allah seized them for their sins
and Allah’s punishment is severe.
12. Say to the disbeliveers, ‘soon you shall be overcome and be driven towards the hell and that is an evil bed’.
13. No doubt, there was a sign for you in two groups that encountered among themselves. One gang fighting in
the way of Allah and the other disbeliveers that they understood them double of themselves in their eyesight;
and Allah strengthens with His help whom He pleases. No doubt, in it there is teaching after seeing for the men
14. Adorned for men is the love of these lusts, women and children and the stored up heaps of gold and silver and
branded horses and cattle and crops. This is the capital of living world; and it is Allah with Whom there is an
15. Say you ‘shall I inform you of something better than that.’ For pious ones there are gardens with their Lord
beneath which rivers flow therein shall they abide, and pure wives and Allah’s pleasure. And Allah sees His
16. Those who say, ‘Our Lord we did accept faith, then forgive us our sins and save us from the torment of the
17. The steadfast and truthful and humble and those who spend in the way of Allah and those who seek
forgiveness in the latter part of the night.
18. Allah bore witness that none is to be worshiped save He, and the angels and the men of learning (too)
standing with justice; none is to be worshiped save He, the most Reverend, Wise.
19. Verily, only Islam is the Din (Religion) before Allah, and the men of Book did not dissent but after the
knowledge had come to them, because of their hearts burning. And whoso denies the signs of Allah; then no
doubt Allah is to call to account very soon.
20. Again O beloved! If they argue with you, then say ‘I have submitted my face before Allah and those who
followed me; and say to the men of Books and to those who read not; ‘have you submitted’? Hence if they
submit, then they got the guidance and if turn their faces, then upon you it is only to convey the message, and
Allah is seeing His bondsmen.
21. Those who deny the signs of Allah, and slay the Prophets unjustly and kill the men ordering justice; give them
good tiding of painful torment.
22. These are they whose deeds have perished in this world and the next and they shall have no helpers.
23. Have you not observed those given a portion of the Book are being called to the Book of Allah that it may
judge between them, then a faction of them turns away being opposed to it?
24. This boldness came to them because they say, ‘The fire shall not touch us except for a number of days’; and
the lies which they used to invent deceived them in their religion.
25. Then how will it be, when We shall gather them for a Day in which there is no doubt; and every soul shall be
paid in full what it has earned and they shall not be wronged.
26. Say like this, ‘O Allah Master of the Kingdom, You give the Kingdom to whom You please; and seize the
Kingdom from whom You please. And you exalt whom You please and You abase whom You please; in Your
hand is all good. No doubt You can do all things.
27. You cause the night to enter into day and cause the day to enter into night, and bring forth the living from the
dead and bring forth the dead from the living, and provide whomsoever You please with out reckoning
28. Let not the Muslims takes infidels as their friends besides the Muslims and whosoever shall do that he has no
connection with Allah, but this that have some fear of them; and Allah cautions you from His wrath; and unto
Allah is the return.
29. Say, you, ‘whether you conceal what is in your hearts or declare it, Allah knows all; and knows whatever is in
the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allah has the authority over every thing.’
30. The day when every soul shall find presented whatever it did of good and whatever it did of evil; it will long,
would there be a far distance between it and me. And Allah warns you of His torment; and Allah is Kind enough
over His bondsmen.
31. ‘O beloved! Say you, ‘O people! If you love Allah, then follow me; Allah will love you and forgive your sins and
Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
32. Say you, ‘Obey Allah and the messenger; then if they turn their faces, then Allah loves not the infidels.
33. No doubt, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Ibrahim and the family of Imran from over the entire
34. It is a race from one another. And Allah Hears and Knows.
35. When the wife of Imran said, My lord! ‘I make a vow to You, for what is in my womb to remain purely in Your
service. There fore accept this from me, no doubt, You alone are Hearing, Knowing.
36. Then when she gave birth to her, she said, ‘O my Lord I have given Birth to a female. And Allah knows well
whatever she had given birth to and that male whom she demanded was not like this female and I have named
her Mary, and I give her and her off-spring under Your protection from Satan the rejected.
37. Therefore her Lord accepted her graciously and caused her to grow an excellent growth and gave her under
the guardianship of ‘Zakaria’. Whenever Zakaria went to her place of prayer, he found new provision with her.
He said! O Mary! Whence came this to you? She spoke, ‘that is from Allah,’ No doubt, Allah gives whomsoever
He pleases without measure.
38. Here Zakaria called his Lord, said, ‘O my Lord! Give me from Yourself pure offspring; no doubt, You only are
the Hearer of prayers.
39. Then the angels called him and he was offering prayer standing at his place of worship, no doubt Allah gives
you glad tidings of Yahya who shall confirm a word from Allah, a chief and chaste and prophet from amongst
40. Said, ‘O my Lord! From where shall I have a son, while the old age has reached to me and my wife is barren’.
Said, ‘Allah does so whatever He pleases’.
41. Submitted he, O my Lord! ‘Appoint a token for me’ Said, your token is this that you shall not speak to people
for three days but with signals, and remember your Lord much and praise Him at a time nearing sunset and at
42. And when the angels said, ‘O Mary; verily Allah has chosen you and purified well ‘ and today has chosen you
from amongst the women of all worlds’.
43. ‘O Mary! Stand before your Lord humbly and prostrate for Him and bow down with those who bow down.
44. These are the tidings of unseen that We reveal to you in secret. And you were not with them when they drew
lots with their pen that under whose guardianship Mary should be given, and you were not with them when
they were disputing.
45. And remember when the angels said to Mary, ‘O Mary! Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from Him, whose
name is Masih, Isa son of Mary, he shall be dignified in the world and the Hereafter and of those nearest to
46. And he shall talk to the people in the cradle and in the ripe age (Maturity) and shall be of the righteous.
47. She said, ‘O my Lord! From where shall I have a son no person has touched me. Said He, “Allah creates in such
a way what He pleases”. When He decrees any thing, then He only says to it ‘Be! And it is.
48. And Allah will teach him the Book and wisdom and the Taurat and Injeel.
49. And he shall be a Messenger towards the children of Israel saying this, ‘I have brought to you a sign from your
Lord; that I make a form out of clay like a bird for you then again breathe in it and it becomes a bird atonce by
the command of Allah; and I heal the born blind and the leper and I make the dead alive by the command of
Allah and tell to you whatever you eat and what you store in your houses. No doubt, in these things there is a
great sign for you if you believe.
50. And I have come confirming the book Taurat that was before me; and for this that I should make lawful some
of those things which were forbidden to you; and I have brought to you a sign from your Lord then fear Allah
and obey my command.
51. No doubt Allah is the Lord of me, of yours, of all so worship Him only. This is the straight path.
52. Then again when Isa found infidelity in them, said, ‘who become my helpers towards Allah’. The disciples said,
‘We are the helpers of the religion of God; We have believed in Allah and bear you witness that we are
53. ‘O our Lord! ‘We believe in what you have sent down and followed the Messenger, then write us among those
who bear witness on truth.’
54. And the infidels plotted and Allah secretly devised for their destruction and Allah is the best of secret devisers.
55. Remember, when Allah said; O Isa! I shall cause you to reach to your full life and I shall raise you towards
Myself and I shall purify you from the infidels, and shall give your followers superiority over the rejecters until
the Day of Resurrection then you all shall come returning to Me: then I shall decide between you concerning
that wherein you dispute’.
56. Then those who became infidels, I shall torment them with severe punishment in this world and the next and
they shall have no helpers.
57. And to those who believed and did good deeds, Allah will pay them their rewards in full and the unjust are not
acceptable to Allah.
58. Thus, We recite to you of some signs and wise admonition
59. The likeness of Isa with Allah, is like Adam. He created him of dust, then said, ‘Be and ‘he’ was atonce.
60. ‘O Listener! This is the truth from your Lord; be not therefore of doubters.
61. Then O beloved! Whoever disputes with you about Isa after knowledge has come to you, then tell them, ‘come,
let us call our sons and your sons our women and your women and our souls and your souls, then let us pray
earnestly, and so lay the curse of Allah upon the liars.’
62. This verily is the true Narrative; There is none worthy of worship save Allah; and verily only Allah is All Mighty,
the All Wise.
63. Then if they turn back their faces, then Allah knows the mischief mongers.
64. Say you, O people of the Book! Come towards such a word which is common between us and you, that is we
worship none but Allah and associate no partner with Him; and none of us make one another as Lord beside
Allah; then if they do not accept then say, ‘bear witness that we are Muslims.’
65. ‘O people of the Book! Why do you dispute about Ibraham? The Torah and Injil (Gospel) were not sent down,
but after him, then have you no reason?
66. Behold! you are those who disputed in that of which you had knowledge, then why you dispute in that of which
you have no knowledge, and Allah knows and you know not.
67. Abraham was neither a Jew nor Christian but was a Muslim separate from every falsehood and was not of the
68. Verily, the more rightful claimant of Abraham than all people were those who followed him and this prophet
and the believers, And Allah is the Protector of the believers.
69. A section of the people of the Book yearns that in any way you go astray and they make astray to themselves
and they have no sense.
70. ‘O people of the Book! Why do you deny the signs of Allah, whereas you are yourselves witnesses.
71. ‘O people of the Book! Why do you confound truth with falsehood and why do you conceal the truth whereas
you have knowledge?
72. A section of the people of the Book said, ‘believe in that which has been sent down upon the believers at
morning and deny at evening; perchance they may return’.
73. And believe not any but. Him who is the follower of your religion. Say you, ‘The guidance of Allah is the only
guidance of Allah. That may be given to any one the like of that was given to you’, or anyone might argue you
before your Lord. Say, you, ‘the bounty is in the hand of Allah alone; He gives it to whomsoever He pleases;
and Allah is All-Embracing All-Knowing.
74. He singles out with His mercy whomsoever He pleases and Allah is of exceeding bounty.
75. Among the people of the Book there is someone with whom if you keep a huge treasure in trust then he will
pay it back to you, and in them there is someone, with whom if you keep in trust a single dinar then he will not
repay it to you, except when you remain standing over his head. It is because they say, ‘there is no
responsibility over us in the matter of illiterates. And they utter a lie against Allah knowingly.
76. Yes, why not, one who fulfilled his pledge and feared God and verily, Allah loves those who fear God.
77. Those who accept mean price in exchange of their covenant with Allah and their oaths, they have no portion in
the Hereafter, and Allah will neither speak to them nor look towards them or Resurrection Day, nor will He
purify them; and for them there is painful torment.
78. And among them some are those who distort the Book by twisting their tongues; that you may think it is also
in the Book, and that is not in the Book. And they say, ‘It is from Allah, whereas it is not from Allah and they
forge a lie against Allah purposely and knowingly.
79. It is not the right of any man that Allah should give him the Book and command and prophet hood, then he
should say to people, ‘Be my bondmen leaving Allah; Yes he will say this, ‘Be men of Allah because you teach
the Book and because you study it.’
80. And He would not order you this that you should take the angels and prophets as God. Would He order you to
infidelity after it that you have become Muslims?
81. And remember when Allah took from the prophets their covenant whatever I should give you of the Book and
wisdom then comes to you the Messenger confirming your Books, then assuredly you shall believe in him and
assuredly you help him. He said, ‘do you agree, and do you accept My heavy responsibility on it. All submitted
‘We did affirm, He said, ‘then be witness against one another and I am myself among witnesses with you.
82. Now whoso turns away after this, then they are the dis-obedients.
83. Then, do they like a religion other than the religion of Allah? And to Him has submitted whoso is in the heavens
and the earth, willingly and unwillingly, and to Him shall they be returned.
84. Say like this, ‘that We believed in Allah and in that which was sent down to us and in that which Was sent
down to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaque and Yaqoob and his children and that which was given to Moosa and
Isa and prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them in believing and to Him we
have bowed down our necks.
85. And whoso will desire for a religion other than Islam that shall never be accepted from him and in the next
world he shall be among the losers.
86. How Allah shall wish to guide such a people who disbelieved after believing and had borne witness that the
Messenger is true and to whom had come clear signs? And Allah guides not a people unjust.
87. Their meed is this that on them there is curse of Allah, and of angels and of men, all together.
88. They should abide thereunder. Neither the torment shall be lightened from over them and nor shall they be
89. But those who repented thereafter and amended themselves, then necessarily, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
90. No doubt, those who disbelieved after believing then again wax in infidelity, their repentance shall never be
accepted and these are they who have gone astray.
91. Those who disbelieved and died as infidels, there shall never be accepted an earth full of gold from anyone of
them, though he offers it in ransom for himself. There is painful torment for them, and they shall have no
92. You shall never attain good unless you spend your favourite things; and Allah knows whatever you spend.
93. All food was lawful to the children of Israel; save what Yaqoob had made unlawful for himself before the
Taurah wee sent down. Say you, bring the Taurat and read it if you are truthful?
94. Then after that, whose forges lie against Allah, those are the persons unjust.
95. Say you, ‘Allah is true therefore follow the religion of Ibraham Who was separate from every falsehood, and
was not of the polytheists.
96. Verily, the first House among all marked for the worship o, the people is that which is in Mecca abounding in
blessing and a guide of all world.
97. Therein are clear sighs; the place where Ibraham stood and whosoever enters it, is in security. And for the
sake of Allah, the people is to perform pilgrimage to this House, who could find a way thither. And who denies,
then Allah is independent of entire world.
98. Say you, ‘O people of Book! Why not you accept the signs of Allah while your works are before Allah.
99. Say you, ‘O people of the Book! Why do you hinder those who accepted the faith from the path of Allah, you
desire to crook it and you are yourself witness thereof? And Allah is not unaware of your doings.
100. ‘O believers! If you obey some of the people of the Book, then they would render you infidels after your belief.
101. And how would you commit infidelity, (whereas) to you are recited the signs of Allah; and in your midst has
come the Messenger of Allah? And he who sought the support of Allah has been directed to a straight path.
102. ‘O believers! Fear Allah, as rightly He is to be feared, and do not die ever save as Muslims.
103. And hold fast, all together, by the rope of Allah, and be not divided among themselves. And remember Allah’s
favour upon you. Remember when there was enmity among you, He joined your hearts together then, by His
grace, you became brothers together and you were upon the brink of a pit of Fire, then He rescued you from
it; Thus Allah explains to you His signs; that haply you may act guidance.
104. And let there be such a group among you, that they may call towards goodness and command what is just and
forbid evil. And the very same attained to their goals.
105. And be not like those who were divided (in sections) and disagreed among themselves, after this that bright
signs had come to them and for them there is mighty torment.
106. On the day when some faces shall be white, and some black. Then those whose faces: have been blackened,
(they will be told) ‘did you become infidels after accepting faith? Then now taste the torment, the recompense
of your infidelity.
107. And as for those, whose faces are whitened, they are under the mercy of Allah; they shall abide in it.
108. These are the signs of Allah that We recite unto you correctly, and Allah intends not injustice to the people of
109. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and unto Allah is the return of all
110. You are the best among all those nations appeared unto mankind, you command! To good, and forbid evil, and
keep faith unto Allah. Had the people of the Book believed, then it was good for them. Some of them are
Muslims and most of them are infidels.
111. They will not harm you save annoying; and if they fight with you, they will turn their backs from you, then
again they will not be helped.
112. Ignominy has been pitched on them, wherever they are, they shill get no security save a rope from Allah and a
rope from men, (they may get protection). They became worthy of the wrath of Allah and on them destitution
have been pitched. This is because they used to reject the signs of Allah and slay the prophets unjustly. This is
because they were disobedient and transgressors.
113. All are not alike. Among the people of the Book some are those who stand right, recite the signs of Allah in the
hours of night and prostrate.
114. They believe in Allah and the Last Day and command good and forbid evil and run for good works, and they
115. And those who will do good, their rights shall not be denied and Allah knows the God fearing.
116. Those who became infidels, their riches and children shall not avail them at all against Allah and they are the
men of hell and shall abide therein.
117. The example of that which they spend in the life of this world is like a wind in which there is intense cold; that
strikes the harvest of such a nation which wronged themselves, therefore it destroyed that, and Allah wronged
them not, but yes, they wrong unto their own souls.
118. ‘O believers! Do not make strangers as your confidants; they leave no stone unturned in harming you. They
yearn for what distresses you: Hostility appeared from their utterances and what they have concealed in their
breasts is yet greater. We have made you hear Our signs clearly, if you have wisdom.
119. Behold, it is you who love them, and they love you not. Though you believe in all the Books. And when they
meet you, they say, ‘we accepted faith’, and when they are alone, then they bite their fingertips at you out of
wrath. Say you, die in your passion’ Allah knows well the thoughts of the hearts.
120. Anything good befall you it vexes them; and an evil be fall you, then they are happy at it, and if you have
patience. And fear Allah, then their guile will not hurt you at all. Verily, their all doings are under the’
circumference of Allah.
121. And remember O beloved! When you came out from your house in the morning, I am assigning to the Muslims
their positions for battle. And Allah is All-Hearing All-Knowing.
122. When two of your groups intended Cowardice, but Allah is their supporter, and upon Allah should the Muslims
123. And verily, Allah did help you at Badr, when you were resourceless. So fear Allah that perhaps you may be
124. When O beloved! You did say to Muslim ‘Is it not enough for you that your Lord should assist you by sending
down three thousand angels?
125. Yes, why not, if you have patience and fear God, and the infidels came upon you instantly, then your Lord will
send five thousand angels with marks for your help.
126. And this victory Allah did not make, save for pleasing you and so that your hearts might get rest with it, there
is no help except from Allah, the Dominant, the Wise.
127. In order that He might cut a portion of the infidels or abase them, so that they may go back dis-appointed.
128. This matter is not in your hand, whether He shows His graciousness to them for repent fence or torment them,
for they are unjust.
129. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. He Forgives whomsoever and
torments whomsoever He pleases; and Allah is For giving Merciful.
130. ‘O believers! Devour not interest, doubled and redoubled; and fear Allah, in the hope that you may get
131. And Ward off the Fire which is already prepared for the infidels.
132. And remain obedient to Allah and Messenger, in the hope that you be shown mercy.
133. And run towards the forgiveness of your Lord and to such a paradise whose width covers all heavens and earth
is already prepared for those who are pious.
134. Those who spend in the path of Allah in prosperity and adversity and who restrain anger and who pardon men.
And virtuous people are dear to Allah.
135. And those who, when they have committed indecency or wronged their own souls, beg forgiveness for their
sins remembering Allah, and who forgives sins save Allah? And do not persist knowingly in what they have
136. For such the recompense is their ‘Lord’s forgiveness and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath, they shall
remain for ever therein, and what an excellent reward is for workers.
137. Some systems have already been experimented, before you, then see, going through the earth, how was the
end of the beliers! (Who did deny)?
138. This is to state to people and to guide and is admonition to those who are pious.
139. And be not sluggish and neither be grieved, you are the very same who shall overcome if you have faith.
140. If any distress has come to you, then they too have already received a similar distress. These are the days in
which we have fixed turns for the people and that is because Allah may make one to distinguish the believes
and may assign some of you the position of martyrs. And Allah loves not the unjust.
141. And so that Allah may purify the Muslims and wipe out the infidels.
142. Are you in this supposition that you shall enter the paradise and yet Allah has not tested your warriors and
neither has experimented the steadfast?
143. And you used to long for death before meeting it, so now you have seen it with your eyes.
144. And Muhammad is only a Messenger. There have been many other messengers before him. Will you then, if he
departs or be slain, turn back on your heels? And he, who will turn back on his heels, shall not harm Allah at
all. And very soon Allah will recompense the thankful.
145. And no soul can die save by the leave of God – the time of all is already recorded. And whoso desires the
reward of the world, We gave to him of this, and he who desires the reward of the Hereafter, We give to him
of this, And it is very soon, We may recompense the thankful.
146. And many a prophet fought, with them there were many god-men, they fell not sluggish with the miseries they
faced in the path of Allah, and neither became weak nor gave in. And the steadfast are dear to Allah.
147. They did say nothing save this prayer, ‘O Our Lord! Forgive our sins and our excesses that we committed in our
affairs, and make firm our steps and help us against these disbelieving people.
148. So Allah gave them the reward of the world, and goodness of the reward of Hereafter. And the good-doers are
dear to Allah.
149. ‘O believers! If you follow the line of infidels, then they will turn you upon your heels, and you will be back
150. Whereas Allah is your Patron; and He is the best Helper.
151. Soon We shall cast terror in the hearts of infidels, because they associated partners with Allah for which He
sent down not any understanding and their abode is Fire, and what is the evil abode of the unjust.
152. And verily, Allah did prove the truth of His promise to you when you were killing the infidels by His leave, until
when you showed weakness and quarrelled about the order and Dis-obeyed after He had shown you the thing
you desired for. Of you some one desired the world and of you some one desired the Hereafter, then He
turned your faces from them that He might; test you; and no doubt, He forgive you and Allah is Bounteous
153. When you were going up and did not look back towards anyone and Our Messenger was calling you in another
group, therefore He gave you, sorrow in recompense for a sorrow, and forgave in order that you might not
grieve for what sent out of your hand and what befell you. And Allah is informed of your doings
154. Then after sorrow, He sent down to you slumber that had surrounded a party of you, and another party was
anxious about themselves, suspected of Allah unjustly; like the suspicion of Ignorance. They say, ‘Have we any
power in this affair’? Say you, ‘entire authority is of Allah. They conceal in their hearts that they reveal not unto
you; they say, ‘if we had any power, then we would not have been killed here.” Say you, ‘If you had been in
your houses, even then those for whom killing was already written would have gone forth to the place of their
slaughter; and in order that Allah might test the feelings of your breasts, and whatever is in your hearts might
purge it. Allah knows the thoughts of your hearts.
155. No doubt, those of you who turned back on the day when two armies met. It was Satan who made them slip
because of their certain actions, and surely Allah forgave them. Verily, Allah is Forgiving, Gentle.
156. ‘O believers! Be not like those infidels who told about their brothers when went on journey or on holy war; that
had they been with us, they would not have died and not been slain, in order that Allah may make it a cause of
regret in their hearts. And Allah gives life and causes death and Allah is seeing your works.
157. And undoubtedly, if you are slain in the way of Allah or die, then the forgiveness of Allah and His mercy are
better than their entire wealth.
158. And if you die or be slain, certainly you are to gather towards Allah.
159. Then, it is of the mercy of Allah that O beloved! You became gentle for them and if you had been hot headed,
hard hearted, then they certainly would have dispersed from your circle, so pardon them and intercede for
them and consult them in the affairs; and when you have made up your mind for any thing, then put your trust
in Allah. Undoubtedly the trustful are dear to Allah.
160. If Allah helps you, then none can overcome you; and He forsakes you, then who is such that can help you
again. And Muslim should have trust unto Allah alone.
161. It cannot be thought about any prophet that he hides away something and whatever he hides away, he shall
come with his hidden thing on the Day of Resurrection; then every soul shall be paid in full what it has earned,
and there shall be no injustice unto them.
162. Will then he who follows the pleasure of Allah be like him who has earned the wrath of Allah and his abode is
hell? And what a bad place of returns it is.
163. They are according to their ranks near Allah and Allah sees their works.
164. Undoubtedly, Allah did a great favour to the Muslims that in them from among themselves sent a Messenger
who recites unto them His signs and purifies them and teaches them the Book and wisdom, and necessarily
before that they were certainly in apparent error.
165. What! When any calamity reaches you, though double of which you had caused to reach (to them), you began
to say, “Whence it came”. Say you; ‘It is from your own side’. Undoubtedly Allah can do everything.
166. And that calamity which befell you on the day the two armies had met was by Allah’s leave, and thus He might
make known the believers.
167. And that He might make one to distinguish the hypocrites and it was said to them, “come, fight in the way of
Allah or drive out the enemy”. They said, “If we knew fighting, then certainly we would have sided you.” And
they on that day were nearer to apparent infidelity than to expressed faith. They say with their mouths, what is
not in their hearts. And Allah knows what they are concealing.
168. Those who said about their brothers and while them selves remained behind, ‘Had they obeyed us, they would
not have been killed.’ Say you, ‘then avert your own death if you are truthful.’
169. And those who have been slain in the way of Allah never think of them as dead; but they are alive with their
Lord, get their subsistence.
170. They are happy because of that which Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty and are rejoicing for their
successors who have not yet joined them that on them there is not any fear, nor any grief.
171. They rejoice at the favour of Allah and His bounty, and that Allah wastes not the reward of Muslims.
172. Those who responded to the call of Allah and Messenger after the wound had smitten them There is great
reward for their righteous and reverent people.
173. Those to whom people said, ‘the people have gathered against you, ‘therefore fear them; but this increased
their faith and said, ‘Allah is sufficient for us and what an excellent Disposer of Affairs.
174. Hence, they returned with a favour from Allah and His Bounty, no evil touched them and followed the pleasure
of Allah. And Allah is of great, Bounty.
175. It is only the Satan that threatens you of his friends: so fear them not and fear Me if you have faith.
176. And (O beloved) you grieve not of them at all, who run after infidelity, they will not harm Allah at all. And Allah
intends not to assign any position for them in the Hereafter and for them, there is great torment.
177. Those who purchased infidelity for faith will not harm Allah at all, and for them is the painful torment.
178. And let never the unbelievers suppose that the respite, We grant them is some thing good for them. Certainly,
We grant them respite only because they may further increase in sin. And for them is the degrading torment.
179. Allah is not to leave the Muslims in the present state of affairs in which you are, until He separates unpure from
the pure. (Wicked from the good) And it is not befitting to the dignity of Allah that O general people! He let you
know the unseen. Yes, Allah chooses from amongst His messengers whom He pleases. Then believe in Allah
and His messengers. And if you accept faith and fear, then there is great reward for you.
180. And let not those who are niggardly with respect to what Allah has given them out of His bounty think that it is
good for them; on the contrary it is bad for them. Soon that for which they were niggardly shall be their
necklace on the Day of Resurrection. And only Allah is the Heir of heavens and earth and Allah is aware of your
181. Undoubtedly Allah heard those who said, “Allah is needy and we are rich.” Now We shall put their sayings and
their slaying of the prophets unjustly in writing; and We shall say, ‘taste the torment of the fire.’
182. This is the compensation of what your hands have sent forth. And Allah does not oppress their bondsmen.
183. Those who say, ‘Allah has covenanted with us that we believe not in any messenger until he brings an order of
such sacrifice which the fire consumes; say you, ‘Many messengers came to you before me bearing clear signs
and with this order which you speak of, then why did you kill them, if you are truthful?
184. Then O beloved! If they belie you even, so the messengers before you, who had come bearing clear signs and
the scriptures and the shining Book have already been belied.
185. Every soul is to taste the death; and you will get your compensation in full only on the Day of Resurrection.
Whosoever is saved from the Fire and made to enter into Paradise, attained to his goal. And the life of this
world is but the goods of deception.
186. Undoubtedly, you shall certainly be tested in your property and in your lives. And undoubtedly, you shall
certainly hear a good deal of bad things from the people of the Book before you and from idolaters. But if you
endure and guard yourselves (against evils), then it is the work of strong determination.
187. And remember when Allah took a covenant from those who were given the Book that, ‘you shall necessarily
make it known to the people and congeal it not, but they threw it behind their backs, and took a mean price in
Exchange of it, then how an evil Purchasing it is!
188. Never think of those who rejoice on their doings and wish that they may be praised without doing. Never think
of such people away from the torment and for them is the painful torment.
189. And to Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and earth; and Allah is Potent over every thing.
190. Undoubtedly, in the creation of heavens and earth and in the mutual alternation of night and day, there are
signs for men of understanding.
191. Who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides, and contemplate in the creation of heavens
and earth; (saying) “O our Lord! You have not made it invain, Hallowed be You, You save us from the torment
of the Hell.
192. ‘O our Lord! Verily whomsoever you cause to enter the Hell, him You have surely humiliated, and the unjust
have no helpers.
193. ‘O our Lord! We heard a proclaimer that he calls for believing, that believe unto your Lord; then we believed. O
our Lord! Forgive us our sins and wipe off us our evils and cause us to die along with the righteous.
194. ‘O our Lord! And give us that what You have promised to us through Your Messengers; and disgrace us not on
the Day of Resurrection. Undoubtedly You do not break the promise.
195. Then their Lord heard their prayer that I certainly waste not the labour of any worker from amongst you, be a
male or female, you are one among yourselves. Hence those who emigrated and were driven out from their
homes, and were tortured in My way and fought and were killed. I shall surely wipe out all their sins and shall
surely cause them to enter into the gardens beneath which flow rivers, a reward from Allah. And with Allah
only there is good reward.
196. ‘O Listener! Let not deceive you the strutting about of the infidels in the cities.
197. A brief enjoyment; their abode is the Hell and what an evil bed!
198. But those who fear their Lord, for them there are gardens beneath which flow rivers. They shall abide therein;
an entertainment from Allah and that, which is with Allah, is still better for the righteous.
199. And undoubtedly, some among the men of the Book are such that they believe in Allah and in what has been
sent to you and what have been sent down to them, their hearts are bent towards Allah, do not accept mean
price for the signs of Allah. These are those whose reward is with their Lord; and Allah is swift in taking
200. ‘O believers! Be patient, and excel in patience with the enemies and guard Islamic country on the border and
remain fearing Allah that haply you may be successful.
Surah: An-Nisâ` (Women)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 176
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. ‘O people! Fear your Lord Who created you from a single soul and made its mate from within it, and from that
pair spread many men and women and fear Allah in Whose name you ask for (your rights) and pay attention to
the ties of relationship. Undoubtedly. Allah is watching you all time.
2. And give the orphans their property and do not exchange dirty for the clean and consume not their property
mixing it with your property. Undoubtedly, it is a great sin.
3. And if you apprehend that you will not be able to do justice to orphan girls, then marry such other women as
seem good to you, two, three, four, but if you are afraid that you will not be able to keep two wives on equal
terms, then marry one only or captives whom you own. This is nearer to keeping you away from doing
4. And give the women their dowries willingly. But if they, of their own pleasure of heart remit something of it to
you, then consume it with taste and pleasure.
5. And give not to the unwise their property you have, which Allah has made a means of your living and feed
them therewith and clothe them and speak to them good words.
6. And remain testing the orphans, until they are able to marry; then if you find them of right understanding,
deliver to them their property and consume it not in extravagance and in such haste that they should not reach
their maturity. And whose is not needy, let him abstain and whoso is needy, let him consume it with equity. But
when you deliver them their property, then take witnesses against them. And Allah is sufficient in taking
7. For men there is share in what their parents and relatives have left behind, and for women there is share in
what their parents and relatives have left behind, be the bequest little or be it much, it is a share estimated,
8. But if at the time of division, the relatives and the orphans and the needy come, then give them too something
therefrom and speak to them good words.
9. And let those fears, who if they had to leave behind them weak offspring, would have been afraid for them, so
they should be afraid of Allah and speak the upright speech.
10. Those who consume the property of orphans unjustly, they fill in their belies with fire only, and they shall soon
enter into the flaming fire.
11. Allah commands you concerning your children, the share of male is equal to the share of two females; then if
there be daughters only, though more than two, then for them is two third of what is left, and if there be only
one daughter, for her is one half. And for each of the parents of the deceased is one sixth of what is left, if
there be a child of the deceased, but if he has no child and leaves parents, then for the mother is one third;
but if there be his many sisters and brothers, then for the mother is one sixth, after any bequest which has
been made and debts. Your fathers and your sons, you know not which of them will be more profitable to you.
This is fixed proportion from Allah. Undoubtedly Allah is All Knowing, Wise.
12. And for you is one-half of what is left by your wives, if they have no issue (child) but if they have issue (child),
then you have one fourth of what they leave after (paying) any bequest made by them and the debts. And for
the women is one fourth of what you leave if you have no issue (child); but if you have issue (child), then for
them is one-eight of what you leave after (paying) any bequest made by you and the debts. And if the heritage
of any such male or female who leave behind nothing, neither parents nor children is to be divided and from
mother side he or she has brother or sister, then for each one of them is one sixth. Then if the sister and
brother be more than one, then all are sharer in one-third, after (payment of the bequest of the deceased and
debts in which the deceased would not have caused any harm. This is an injunction from Allah and Allah is All
13. These are the limits of Allah and whoso obeys Allah and His Messenger; Allah will make him enter Gardens
beneath which flow rivers will abide therein. And this is the great success.
14. And whose disobeys Allah and His Messenger and transgresses His all limits; Allah will cause him to enter the
Fire, in which he will abide and for him is degrading torment.
15. And those of your women who commit adultery; take the evidence of four males specially from amongst you
against them; then again if they give evidence then confine those women to the houses until death take them
or Allah envisages some way for them.
16. And those males, female of you commit such act, torture them, then again if they repent and amend, then
leave them alone. Undoubtedly Allah is most Relenting, Merciful.
17. The repentance whose acceptance has been under taken by Allah with His own Grace is only for those who do
evil ignorantly and then again repent soon after. To wards such people Allah turns with His Mercy; and Allah is
18. And that repentance is not neither of those who continue in doing evil until when death comes to anyone of
them, he says, ‘now I repent’ nor for those who die as infidels. For them We have prepared a painful torment.
19. ‘O believers! It is not lawful for you to be heir of the women forcibly, and prevent them not with this design
that you may take away part of what you had given them as dower except in this shape that they commit an
act of flagrant indecency and treat with them fairly; then if you dislike them, it is likelihood that you may dislike
a thing and wherein Allah has placed much good.
20. And if you desire to change one wife for another and you have already given her a heap of treasure; then take
not anything thereof. Will you take it by slander and with manifest sin?
21. How you shall take it when each of you has already become unveiled before one another and they have taken
from you a most firm covenant?
22. And do not marry those women whom your fathers have married, except what has already passed.
Undoubtedly, that is an act of indecency and wrath and an evil way.
23. Forbidden to you are your mothers, and your daughters and sisters and your father’s sisters and mother’s
sisters and your brother’s daughters and your sister’s daughters, and your mothers who have given suck to you
and your foster sisters and the mothers of your wives and daughters (your step daughters) who are in your
care from the wives with whom you had intercourse but if you had not intercourse with them, then there is no
harm in their daughters, and the wives of your sons who are of your loins and to have two sisters together
except what has already passed. Undoubtedly. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
24. And forbidden to you are the women having husbands save the women of infidels who come in your
possession. This is the prescription of Allah unto you and the remaining besides those are lawful for you; so
that you seek them in exchange of your properties bringing them in bondage (through marriage) and not
desiring for lust. Therefore, as to those women whom you wish to marry, give them their fixed dowries. And
there is no sin in what you mutually agree! Upon after fixation. Undoubtedly, Allah is Knowing, Wise.
25. And amongst you one who cannot marry free believing women due to insufficient means; then let him marry
such of the believing handmaids who are the possession of your hands. And Allah knows your faith very well
the one of you is from the other, therefore, marry them with the leave of their masters and give them their
dowries according to convention bringing them into bondage (through marriage), not desiring for lust, and nor
making lovers; when they come under bondage and again commit any act of indecency, then on them the
punishment is half of that, for free women. This is for him who of you are afraid of adultery and it is better for
you to have patience. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
26. Allah desires to explain to you His commandments and to tell you the ways of those before you and to turn to
you with His Mercy. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
27. And Allah desires to turn to you with His Mercy, and those who follow their lust desire that you should stray far
away from the right path.
28. Allah desires to lighten unto you, and man has been created weak.
29. ‘O believers! Consume not unjustly the property of one another among yourselves except it be a trade by your
mutual consent. And kill not yourselves. Undoubtedly, Allah is Merciful to you.
30. And whosoever shall do so with excessiveness and injustice, then We shall make him enter into Fire soon: and
that is easy for Allah.
31. If you keep away from major sins that are forbidden to you, then We will forgive your other sins and make you
enter a place of honour.
32. And covet not that whereby Allah has made one of you excel over the other. For men there is share from their
earning, and for women there is share from their earning. And ask Allah for His Grace. Undoubtedly, Allah
knows every thing.
33. And for every one We have made heirs of the property that is left by parents and relations, and those with
whom you have sworn compact give to them their share, undoubtedly every thing is before Allah.
34. Men are incharge over women, because Allah has made one of them excel over another, and because men
have expended their wealth over them, so the virtuous women are submissive, they keep watch in the absence
of husband as Allah commanded to watch. And as to those women whose disobedience you fear, then
admonish them and sleep apart from them, and beat them (lightly), then if they come under your command,
then seek not any way of excess against them. Undoubtedly, Allah is Exalted, Great.
35. And if you fear a dispute between husband and wife, then appoint an arbiter from the side of the family of man
and an arbiter from the side of the family of woman, if these two will desire reconciliation, then Allah will cause
unity between them. Undoubtedly, Allah is knowing, Aware.
36. And worship Allah, and do not associate anyone with Him and do good to parents, and to relatives and
orphans, and the needy, and the near neighbour and the distant neighbour and the companion of your side
and the wayfarer and to your male and female servants. Undoubtedly, Allah loves not the proud, boastful.
37. Those who themselves act miserly and say others to be misers and conceal that which Allah has given them of
His bounty. And We have prepared for the infidels a degrading torment.
38. And those who spend their wealth to show off to men and do riot have faith unto Allah and nor the Last Day
and whose companion has become Satan, then what an evil companion is he?
39. And what was the harm, if they would have faith in Allah and the Last Day and spent out of what Allah has
given them? And Allah knows them.
40. Allah does not do injustice even to the weight of an atom, and if there be a good deed, He doubles it and gives
from Himself immense reward.
41. Then how shall it be, when We bring up a witness from every nation, and O beloved Muhammad! We will bring
you as a witness and a guardian against all those.
42. ‘On that day those who disbelieved and dis-obeyed the Messenger would wish that if the earth were levelled
after burying them in it, and they could not be able to conceal; anything from Allah.
43. ‘O believers! Approach not prayer while you are intoxicated, until you have so much sense that what you say,
you understand, nor when you are unclean without taking a bath except when you are travelling; and if you
are ailing, or on a journey, or any one of you comes from privy, or you have touched women and you do not
find water, then take some pure earth and wipe there with your faces and your hands. Undoubtedly, Allah is
44. Have you not seen those who were given a portion of t he Book? They buy error and intend that you too may
lose the way.
45. And Allah knows well your enemies. And Allah is sufficient as Guardian, and Allah is sufficient as Helper.
46. Some of the Jews pervert words from their places; and say, ‘We have heard and we disobey, and hear you,
continue not making us hear, ‘and say RAINA twisting their tongues and taunting in Faith. And if they say that
we have heard and obeyed, and sir hear our talks and sir look at us, it would have been better for them and
more upright. But Allah has cursed them for their infidelity, so they believe not, save a little.
47. ‘O people of the Book! Believe in what We have sent down confirming the Book with you, before We deface
some faces and turn them on their backs or curse them as We cursed the people of the Sabt (Saturday). And
the decree of Allah is bound to be carried out.
48. Undoubtedly, Allah forgives not that infidelity be done with Him and whatever is less than infidelity forgives
whomsoever He pleases, And whoso associates partners with Allah has forged a great sin.
49. Have you not observed those who declare themselves to be pure? Nay, It is Allah Who purifies whomsoever He
pleases, and they shall not be wronged a single date-thread.
50. Behold, how they are forging lie against Allah. And that in itself a sufficient sin.
51. Have you not observed those who were given a portion of the Book, believes in idols and demons (Satan) and
say about infidels, ‘these are more guided on the way than Muslims.
52. These are they whom Allah has cursed. And he whom Allah curses, you shall never find for him any helper.
53. Have they some share in the kingdom? It is so then they would not give mankind a speck.
54. Or do they envy the people for what Allah has given them out of His bounty? Then We gave the Book and
wisdom to the children of Abraham and granted them a great kingdom.
55. Then some of them believed in him and some others fumed faces from him and sufficient is Hell, as blazing
56. Those who have rejected Our signs, We shall soon cause them to enter Fire. Whenever their skins shall be fully
burnt up, We shall change them with other skins, that they may taste the torment. Undoubtedly, Allah is
57. And those who believed and did good deeds, We shall soon make them enter Gardens beneath which rivers
flow they shall abide therein for ever. For them there are pure wives, And We cause them to enter a place
where there shall be shade only shade.
58. Undoubtedly, Allah commends you to pay back the trusts to their owners, and that when you judge amongst
people, judge with justice. Undoubtedly how well Allah admonishes you, verily Allah Hears Sees.
59. ‘O believers! Obey Allah and Obey the messenger, and those who have power of command amongst you, then
again if there may arise any difference amongst you, refers it to Allah and His messenger, if you have faith in
Allah and the Last Day. This is better, and its end is best.
60. Have you not observed those, who claim that they believe in what has been sent down to you, and what has
been send down before you? Then they wish to make the devil their arbiter, whereas they were commanded to
reject him wholly. And Satan desires to lead them far astray.
61. And when it is said to them! Come towards the Book sent down by Allah and the messenger then you shall see
that the hypocrites turn away from you averting their faces.
62. How shall it be, when any affliction befalls them, for what their hands have sent forth? Then O beloved! They
come to you swearing by Allah that our object was kindness and concord only.
63. Allah knows what is in their hearts then overlook them, and admonish them and say to them convincing words
concerning their affairs.
64. And We have not sent any messenger, but that he should be obeyed by Allah’s will. And if when they do
injustice unto their souls, then O beloved! They should come to you and then beg forgiveness of Allah and the
messenger should intercede for them then surely, they would find Allah Most Relenting, Merciful.
65. Then O beloved! By your Lord, they shall not be Muslims until they make you judge in all disputes among
themselves, then they find not any impediment in their hearts concerning whatever you decide, and accept
from the eve of their hearts.
66. And if We had made it obligatory on them; that ‘kill yourselves and go out leaving your hearth and home, then
only a few of them would have done so; and if they do of what they are advised, then it was better for them
and stronger in establishing faith.
67. And if it had been so then We would have certainly given them a great reward from ourselves.
68. And We would surely have guided them to the straight path.
69. And he who obeys Allah and His messenger then he will get the company of those who have been blessed by,
Allah, viz. the prophets, and the truthful, and martyrs and the righteous, and what good companions are they.
70. This is the bounty from Allah, And Allah is Sufficient Knower.
71. ‘O believers! Take precaution, then march forth towards enemies in bits or go forth all together.
72. And among you some one is he, who will indeed tarry behind, then if any calamity comes to you he says, It
was Allah’s favour on me that I was not present with them.
73. And if you get bounty of Allah, then he would certainly say, as if there was no friendship between you and him,
If I would have gained a great gain.
74. Then let them fight in the way of Allah who sell the worldly life for the Hereafter; and whoso fights in the way
of Allah, then he is slain or be He victorious then soon We shall give him a great reward.
75. And what happened to you that you fight not in the way of Allah, and for the weak men and women and
children who are praying, ‘O our Lord! Take us out of this town whose people are unjust and give us any
defender from Yourself and give us any helper from Yourself.
76. The believers fight in the way of Allah and the infidels fight in the way of the devil, then fight against the
friends of Satan’s undoubtedly, the Satan’s strategy is weak.
77. Have you not observed those to whom it was said ‘restrain your hands, and establish prayer and pay the
specified charity (Zakat), then when fighting was made obligatory on them, then some of them began to fear
people as they should fear Allah or even more than that, And said they ‘O our Lord! Why have you prescribed
fighting on us, You, would have allowed us to live for a short period’. Say you ‘the enjoyment of the world is
little and the Hereafter is better for the god fear, and you shall not be wronged a single thread (a least).
78. Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, though if you be in strong forts. And if some good reaches
them, then they say, ‘this is from Allah and if some bad reaches them, then they say, ‘This has come from you.
Say you, ‘All is from Allah. Then what happened to them, they seem not to understand anything.
79. ‘O Listener! Whatsoever good reaches to you is from Allah, and whatsoever bad reaches to you is from
yourself. And O beloved! We have sent you, as a Messenger to all mankind and Allah is sufficient Witness.
80. Whoso obeys the messenger, has indeed obeyed Allah, and whoso turns away his face, then We have not sent
you to save them.
81. And they say, ‘We have obeyed, but when they go forth from your presence, then a group of them makes plan
in the night against what they had said; and Allah writes down their night plan, then O beloved! You overlook
them and trust in Allah. And sufficient is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
82. Then do they not ponder in Quran and if it had been from other than Allah, then they would surely have found
therein much discrepancy?
83. And when there comes to them any matter of satisfaction or of fear, they spread it about, and if they had
referred it towards the Messenger and their men of authority, then surely they would have known its reality
from those who investigate and can draw conclusion. And if there had not been the grace of Allah and His
Mercy upon you, then surely you would have followed the devil save a few of you.
84. Then O beloved! Fight in the way of Allah, you shall not be taxed except for yourself and persuade the Muslims
it is likelihood that Allah would withhold the fierceness of infidels. And the force of Allah is strongest and His
85. Whoso makes a good intercession, there is a share in it for him and whoso makes an evil intercession, and
there is a share in it for him. And Allah has power over everything.
86. And when you are greeted with any word of greeting then, greet him back with a better word than it or return
the same. Undoubtedly, Allah is Reckoner of everything.
87. Allah is beside whom there is none to be worshiped. And He will certainly gather you on the Day of
Resurrection of which there is no doubt. And who is more truthful in his word than Allah.
88. And what has happened to you that you are divided into two parties regarding hypocrites? And Allah has upset
them for their deeds. Do you desire to guide him whom Allah has led? Astray? And whom Allah leads astray
you shall never find a way for him.
89. They wish that you should also become dis-believers as they became disbeliveers, so that you may all become
equals, then take not anyone of them as your friend unless they leave their homes and ‘hearths in the way of
Allah again if they turn faces, then seize them and kill them where ever you find them and take not any of
them as friends or helpers.
90. Except those who are connected with such a people between whom and you there is a pact, or they come to
you because their hearts have no strength to fight against you or fight their own people. And if Allah had so
pleased, He would certainly have given them control over you, then they would have surely fought with you. So
if they keep aloof from you and fight you not, and make you an offer of peace, then Allah has opened no way
for you against them.
91. Now you will find some such other who desire, that they may be safe from you and may be safe from their
people too, whenever their people turn them towards mischief they fall head long into it then if they do not
keep aloof from you and nor offer you peace and withhold not their hands, seize them and kill them whereever you find. And these are against whom We have given you clear authority.
92. And it is not befitting Muslims to shed the blood of Muslim save by a mischance and he who kills any Muslim
unknowingly, then he has to free a Muslim slave and blood compensation to be paid to the family of the
deceased but that they forego. Then if he is from a people who is your enemy and he is himself a Muslim then
there is only the freeing of a Muslim slave, and if he is from a people between whom and you there is a pact,
then the blood compensation be delivered to his family and the freeing of a slave Muslims, but whose hand
does not reach to this (Finds no means to free a slave Muslim) then he should fast for two consecutive months
this is his repentance near Allah. And Allah is knowing. Wise.
93. And whoso kills a Muslim wilfully, then his recompense is Hell, abiding therein for a long time and Allah’s wrath
is upon him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great torment.
94. ‘O believers! When you march forth for a crusade then make proper investigation and he who greets you, say
not to him, ‘you are not Muslim, you seek the goods of living world, then with Allah there are spoils abundant.
You too were such before, and then Allah conferred His favour on you; so you are duty bound to investigate.
Undoubtedly, Allah is aware of what you do.
95. Those Muslims who sit aloof from the fighting without excuse and those who strive in the way of Allah with
their wealth and lives are not equal Allah has exalted in rank those who strive with their wealth and lives over
those who sit aloof. And Allah has promised good to all And Allah has preferred the strivers over the sitters by
a great reward.
96. From Him, ranks and forgiveness and mercy. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
97. Those whose souls are taken out by angels while they were wronging themselves the angels say to them, ‘what
were you in’? They say ‘We were weak in the land.’ they say ‘Was not Allah’s earth spacious so that you might
have emigrated in it? Then the abode of such people is Hell. And an evil returning place is that.
98. Except those who are suppressed, men and women and children who are unable to devise a plan or of finding
99. Then it is likelihood that as for such Allah will pardon. And Allah is Pardoning. Forgiving
100. And he who will come out leaving his home and hearth in the way of Allah will find abundant place and space
in the earth. And he who comes out from his home, emigrating cowards Allah and messenger, then death
overtakes him, then his reward lies on Allah And Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
101. And when you journey in the land, there is no sin of you that you offer your some prayer by shortening it, if
you fear that the infidels will afflict you. Undoubtedly, the infidels are your open enemies.
102. And O beloved! (Prophet) when you are amidst them, then lead them in prayer, then let a party of them be
with you and let them take their arms, then when they have finished their prostrations, then moving from there
they should go to your rear; and now let other party who had not participated in the prayer at that time, come
and be your follower in the prayer and let them also take their means of protection and weapons; the infidels
wish that in case you become negligent of your arms and your baggage, then once they may fall upon you.
And there is no fault upon you, if you are in trouble due to rain or you are sick that you put aside your arms,
but you carry your means of protection with you. Undoubtedly, Allah has prepared for the infidels a degrading
103. Then when you have finished your prayer, remember Allah, standing, sitting and dying or your sides; then
when you are secure, establish prayer as usual; undoubtedly, the prayer is a fixed time obligation on Muslims.
104. And slacken not in seeking infidels, if you are troubled; and you hope from Allah what they hope not. And Allah
is knowing, Wise.
105. ‘O beloved! (Prophet) undoubtedly, We have sent down to you the Book with truth that you may judge
amongst people as you are shown by Allah. And quarrel not from the side of deceivers.
106. And seek forgiveness of Allah. Undoubtedly Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
107. And dispute not for those who deceive their souls. Undoubtedly, Allah loves not any big deceitful sinner.
108. They hide from men, but hide not from Allah and Allah is with them when they design in their hearts that thing
which is disliked by Allah. And Allah has encompassed their doings.
109. (Do you hear?) it is you who have contended on behalf of them in the life of this world; then who will contend
on behalf of them with Allah on the Day of Judgement or who will be their pleader.
110. And whoso does evil or wrongs his own soul, thereafter seeks forgiveness of Allah shall find Allah Forgiving, s
111. And whoso earns sin, then his earning is against his own soul only. And Allah is knowing and Wise.
112. And whoso earns, a fault or sin, then casts it upon any innocent, certainly he has borne a calumny and a clear
113. And O beloved! (Prophet) If there had not been the grace and mercy of Allah upon you, then some people of
them had wished to defraud you. And they are misleading themselves only and they will not hurt you in
anything. And Allah has sent down to you the Book and Wisdom and has taught to you what you did not know
and great is the grace of Allah upon you.
114. There is no good in most of their counsels but whoso commands charity or good things or making peace
amongst people. And whoso does this for seeking the approvals of Allah, We shall soon give him a great
115. And whoso opposes the Messenger after the right way has become clear and follows a way other than the way
of Muslims, We shall leave him on his own conditions and shall cause him to enter Hell; and what is an evil
place of returning.
116. Allah forgives not that anyone be associated with Him as partner but whatever is below that He forgives to
whomsoever He pleases. And whoso associates with Him any partner has indeed strayed far away.
117. These polytheists worship not besides Allah but some females and worship not but a rebel Satan (devil).
118. Whom Allah has cursed. And he said, ‘I swear, I will certainly take some fixed portion of Your bondmen.
119. I swear, I will certainly lead them astray and certainly I will excite in them desires and will certainly say to them
that they would cut the ears of cattle and will certainly bid to them that they would alter the creation of Allah.
And he, who takes Satan for a friend beside Allah, has suffered a manifest loss.
120. Satan makes them promises and stirs in them desires, ‘and Satan makes them not promises but deception.
121. Their destination is Hell; they will not find a place to escape therefrom.
122. And those who believed and did good deeds, soon We shall cause them to enter gardens beneath which flow
rivers abiding therein for ever. Promise of Allah is true and whoso word is more truthful than Allah.
123. Neither the work depends on your wishful thinking, nor on the desires of the people of the Book, whoso will do
evil shall be requited thereof and he shall not find, besides Allah any protector or helper.
124. And whose will do some good deeds, may be a male or female and be a Muslim, then they shell enter Paradise,
and they shall not be wronged a bit.
125. And whose religion is; better than he who submits his face to Allah and he is a doer of good and follows the
faith of Ibraham who was separate from every falsehood? And Allah took Ibraham for His fast friend.
126. And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens, and all at is in the earth. And over every thing Allah has control.
127. And they ask you your verdict concerning women. Say them, Allah gives verdict to you concerning them and
that which is recited to you in Quran concerning the orphan girls whom you give not what is prescribed for
them, and turn your faces from marrying them, and concerning the weak children, and concerning this that you
maintain justice towards orphans. And whatever good you do, then Allah is aware of it.
128. And if any woman be afraid of high-handedness or disregard from her husband, then there is no sin on them
that they may reconcile among themselves and reconciliation is best. And the hearts are entangled into
greediness. And if you do good and be god- fearing then Allah is aware of your doings.
129. And it would never be possible for you that you keep women on equal footing, how ever much you may desire
it then this should not be the case that you should incline wholly towards one side so that you leave other
candling in the midst. And if you do good and be god fearing then undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
130. And if they both separate, then Allah will make each of you independent from the other out of His bounty And
Allah is Bountiful Wise.
131. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And undoubtedly, Allah has
enjoined those who were given the Book before you and you too that remain fearing Allah. But if you commit
infidelity then undoubtedly, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allah
is Carefree All-Praised.
132. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as real
133. ‘O people! If He pleases, He can take you away, and bring others. And Allah has full power to do this.
134. Whoso desires the reward of the world then with Allah is the reward both of the world and of the Hereafter.
And Allah is Hearing, Seeing.
135. ‘O believers! Stand firmly for justice, giving witness for Allah, may be therein your own loss, or of your parents
or of your relations. Against whom you be a witness, he be a rich or be a poor, in any case Allah has more
power than any one over them, therefore follow not passion lest you may be far away from justice; and if you
distort or turn your face, then Allah is aware of your doings.
136. ‘O believers! Keep faith in Allah and His Messenger and the Book which He has sent down upon His Messenger
and the Book which has been sent down before. And who denies Allah and His angels and His Books and His
Messengers and the Last Day, then certainly he strayed far way.
137. Undoubtedly, those who accepted faith, then became infidels, then again accepted faith, then became infidels
then after increased in infidelity, Allah will never forgive them nor will show them the way.
138. Give tidings to the hypocrites that for them is the painful torment.
139. Those who take infidels for friends instead of Muslims, Do they seek honour with them then all honour is for
140. And undoubtedly Allah has already sent down to you in the Book that, when you hear the signs of Allah being
denied and is being ridiculed, then sit not with them until they engage in some other conversation, otherwise
you would be like them too. Undoubtedly, Allah will gather hypocrites and infidels all in Hell.
141. Those who use to watch your position, then if you get victory from Allah, they say, ‘Were We not with you, and
if the infidels had a share, then they say to them, ‘Had we not control over you?’ and we protected you from
the Muslims. Then Allah will decide between you all on the Day of Judgement. And Allah will not make a way
for the infidels against Muslims.
142. Undoubtedly, the hypocrites are likely to deceive Allah in their own conjecture and it is He who will kill them
making them negligent, and when they stand up for prayer they stand up with a defeated soul (lazily) making a
show to the people and remember not Allah but little.
143. They are wavering in the midst neither of this side nor of that. And whom Allah leads astray, you shall not then
find a way for him.
144. ‘O believers! Take not infidels for friends except Muslims. Do you wish that you may provide clear proof for
Allah against you?
145. Undoubtedly, the hypocrites are in the lowest section of the Hell, and you shall never get any helper for them.
146. But those who repented, and mended (themselves) and, hold fast by the rope of Allah and made their religion
purely; for Allah, then these are with the Muslims. And soon Allah will give a great reward to Muslims.
147. And what will Allah do by tormenting you? If you accept the just and accept faith. And Allah is Responsive,
148. Allah likes not the uttering of evil words except one who is being oppressed. And Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
149. If you do any good openly or in secret or pardon any one’s evil, then undoubtedly, Allah is Pardoning, Powerful.
150. Those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers and desire to separate from Allah His Messengers and say,
‘some we believe and other some we deny,’ and desire to envisage a way between believing and disbelieving.
151. They are the infidels in truth and We have already prepared a degrading torment for the infidels.
152. And those who have believed in Allah and in all of His Messengers and have made no distinction between any
of them in believing to them, soon Allah will give their reward and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
153. ‘O beloved! (Prophet) The people of the Book ask you to bring down a book upon them from heaven but they
have already asked Moses a greater thing than this, for said. “Show us Allah openly”. Then thunder overtook
them for their sins. Then they took the calf after clear signs had come to them. But We pardoned even that
and We gave Moses a clear dominance
154. Then We raised the Tur (Mountain) over them for taking convenant with them and said to them, ‘enter the
gate prostrating”, and said to them. ‘Transgress not in the matter of Sabbath’ (Saturday of the Jews) and We
took from them a firm convenant.
155. Then! We cursed them because of their breaking the convenant and that they denied the signs of Allah, and
slaying unjustly the prophets and for their saying there are covers on our hearts’. But Allah has sealed their
hearts because of their infidelity. So that they do not accept faith but little of them.
156. And for this that they committed infidelity and raised a tremendous calumny over Marium.
157. And for their saying. We slew the Messiah. Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah’, Whereas they slew him
not and neither crucified him, but one was made like him for them. And those who are differing about him,
certainly, they are in doubt regarding’ him. They have not the least knowledge about it, but merely following a
conjecture, and undoubtedly, they slew him’ not.
158. But Allah raised him up towards Himself, and Allah is Dominant, Wise.
159. There is not any one of the people of the Book, who will not believe in him before his death, and he will be a
witness against them on the Day of judgement.
160. Then on account of great injustice of the Jews, We made unlawful for them some of those pure things that
were lawful for them, and because of that, they kept away many from the way of Allah.
161. And because they took usury whereas they were prohibited from it, and they consumed people’s wealth
unjustly, and those of them who became infidels, We have prepared a painful torment for them.
162. Yes, but those of them who are firm in knowledge and believe, they believe in that which (O beloved prophet)
has been sent down to you and that which was sent down before you, and the establishers of prayer and giver
of poor due (Zakat) and the believers in Allah and the Last Day, to such, We shall soon give a great reward.
163. Undoubtedly, O beloved Prophet! We have sent to you the revelation as We sent revelation to Nuh and the
Prophets after him, and We sent revelation to Abraham, and Ismail and Ishaque and Yaqoob and his children
and Issa and Ayub and Yunus and Haroon and Suleman. And We gave to Daud the Book Zaboor (Psalms).
164. And to Messengers whom We have already mentioned to you before and to those messengers whom We have
not mentioned to you. And Allah infects spoke to Moosa.
165. The Messengers bearing good tidings and warning, so that mankind might not have any excuse against Allah
after the Messengers. And Allah is Dominant, Wise.
166. But O beloved Prophet! Allah is witness to that what He has sent down to you, He has sent it down with His
knowledge and the angels are witnesses, And Allah is Sufficient as a witness.
167. Those who committed infidelity and kept others away from the way of Allah, undoubtedly they strayed far
168. Undoubtedly, who committed infidelity and transgressed. Allah will never forgive them, nor will show them any
169. But the way of the hell, that they will abide therein for ever. And this is easy for Allah.
170. ‘O people! The Messenger has come to you with truth from your Lord, then believes in him for your own good.
And if you commit infidelity, then undoubtedly, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and in the earth.
And Allah is knowing, Wise.
171. ‘O people of the Book! Exceed not in your religion, and do not say of Allah any thing but truth. The Messiah
Issa son of Marium is only the Messenger of Allah and His word that was sent to Mary and a spirit from Him.
Then believe in Allah and His Messengers and do not say, ‘three’. Refrain for your own good. Allah is the only
one God. Far is it from His Holiness that He should have a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and
whatever is in the earth. And Allah is Sufficient, as real Doer.
172. Messiah scorns not to be a bondman of Allah nor do the near one angel. And whoso scorns from His bondage
and is proud, then soon He will gather them all towards Himself.
173. Then those who accepted faith and did good deeds, after paying them their wages in full, He will give them
more out of His Grace, and those who were scornful and proud, He will give them a painful torment. And they
will not find for themselves beside Allah any supporter or helper.
174. ‘O people! Undoubtedly, a manifest argument has come to you from Allah and We have sent down to you a
175. Then those who believed in Allah and hold His rope firmly, then soon Allah will cause them to enter His Mercy
and Grace and will show them straight way towards Himself.
176. ‘O beloved Prophet! They ask you for a decree. Say you, “Allah decrees to you in respect of a person who
leaves neither father nor child that if a man dies and has no child and he has a sister then his sister has half in
his heritage and the man will be the heir of his sister, if the sister has no child. Then if there are two sisters
then they have two-third in the heritage and if there are brother, sister, males and females both, then the
share of male is equal to the shares of two women. Allah explains for you clearly so that you may not go
astray. And Allah knows every thing.
Surah Number 5: Al-Mâ`idah (The Table, The Table Spread)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 120
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. ‘O believers! Fulfil your promises. Lawful (Cattle) are made unto you, the animals having no speaking power.
Save those which shall be narrated to you further, but do not consider the hunting being lawful when you are
in pilgrim garb. Undoubtedly, Allah commands what He wills.
2. ‘O believers! Do not make lawful the symbols of Allah, and nor the sacred months, and nor the sacrifices sent
to the Sacred House (Haram). And nor those bearing signs in their necks, and nor the property and honour of
those who repair to the sacred House, seeking the grace and pleasure of their Lord. And when you put off the
pilgrim’s garb, then you may hunt. And let not the enmity of any people, as they had prevented you from the
Sacred Mosque insight you to commit excessiveness. And help each other in righteousness and piety, and help
not one another in sin and transgression and remain fearing Allah. Undoubtedly, the torment of Allah is severe.
3. You are forbidden (to eat) the dead and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which any name has been
invoked other than Allah at the time of slaughtering and that which dies by strangling and that which is beaten
to death by anything unshaped and that killed by falling and that which is gored and that which has been eaten
by any wild animal, but those which you have properly slaughtered and that which has been slaughtered at any
altar and the division by casting lots with arrows. This is an act of sin. This day the infidels are despaired of
your religion then fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed
My favour upon you and have chosen Islam as religion for you. But whoso is forced by extreme hunger thirst
without inclining towards sin, then undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
4. They ask you O beloved Prophet! What has been made lawful to them, say you, good and pure things have
been made lawful to you and what hunting animals you have trained for hunting, teaching them of what Allah
has taught you, then eat of what they leave (catch) for you after hunting and pronounce the name of Allah
over it, and remain fearing Allah, Undoubtedly, Allah is swift in taking account.
5. This day all good and pure things are made lawful for you and the food of the people of the Book is lawful for
you, and your food is lawful for them and chaste Muslim women and chaste women from amongst those who
were given the Book before you, when you give them their dowries while bringing them in bondage (through
marriage) nor for lust and nor making lover (secretly) And whoso becomes infidel after being a Muslim, his
entire work is destroyed and he is a loser in the Hereafter.
6. ‘O believers! When you wish to stand for prayer, then wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows and
pass your wet hands over your heads and wash your feet up to the ankles. And if you ever in need of a bath
then purify yourselves well. And if you are ill or you are on a journey, or any of you comes from the privy or
you have an intercourse with women and in these conditions you do not get water, then be take yourselves to
clean earth and wipe therewith your faces and your hands. Allah desires not that He should place you in any
difficulty, yes, He desires to purify you well and to complete His favour upon you so that you may be grateful
7. And remember Allah’s favour upon you and the convenant which He made with you, when you said, “we heard
and obeyed,” and fear Allah. Undoubtedly, Allah knows the thoughts in your hearts
8. ‘O believers! Stand-up firmly by the Commandments of Allah, bearing witness with justice and let not the
enmity of any people incite you that you should not do justice. Do justice that is nearer to piety and fear Allah,
undoubtedly, Allah is aware of your doings.
9. Allah has promised to the believers and those who do good deeds that for them are forgiveness and a great
10. And those who committed infidelity and belied Our signs, they are the people of Hell.
11. ‘O believers! Remember the favour of Allah upon you when a people intended to stretch out their hands
against you, then He withheld their hands from you and fear Allah And on Allah only should the Muslims rely.
12. And undoubtedly! Allah took convenant from children of Israel. And We raised among them twelve chieftains.
And Allah said, ‘undoubtedly, I am with you, necessarily if you establish prayer, and pay the poor-due (Zakat)
and believe in My Messengers and pay them respect and lend to Allah a goodly loan, undoubtedly, I shall
remove your sins and surely shall cause you to enter into the Gardens beneath which flow rivers then after that
whoso of you commit infidelity, necessarily, he is strayed away from the right path.
13. Then because of breaking their convenant, how We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They change the
words of Allah from their places and have forgotten a good portion of those admonitions, which were given to
them, and you shall always continue to be told of one or the other of their treachery, save a few of them, so
pardon them, and overlook them. Undoubtedly, Allah loves the benefactors.
14. And those who claimed that we are Christians, We took convenant from them, they too have forgotten a good
portion of those admonitions which were given to them, so We have caused enmity and hatred among
themselves till the Day of Judgement. And soon Allah will tell them, what they used to do.
15. ‘O people of the Book! Undoubtedly, Our Messenger has come to you who makes clear to you much of that
which you had hidden in the Book and pardons much. Undoubtedly, there has come to you from Allah a light
and a Book, luminous.
16. Allah guides therewith him who followed His pleasure into the ways of peace and carries them to light from the
darkness by His Command and shows them right path.
17. Undoubtedly, they have become infidels, who said, ‘Messiah son of Marium, is the very Allah himself. Say you.
‘Who then can do anything against Allah if He desires to destroy Messiah son of Marium and his mother and
everyone on earth And to Allah belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth and all that is between them. He
creates what He pleases. And Allah can do every thing.
18. And the Jews and Christians said We are sons of Allah and His dear ones’. Say you; ‘why then does He torment
you for your sins’? But you are human beings of His creations. He forgives whom He pleases. And to Allah
belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth and all that is between them. And towards Him is the return.
19. ‘O people of the Book! Undoubtedly, there has come to you Our this Messenger who makes clear to you Our
Commands, after a break of the coming of messenger for a long time lest you say’ ‘there came not to us any
bearer of glad tidings or Warner, then now there has come to you a bearer of glad tidings and Warner. And
Allah is Potent over everything.
20. And when Moses said to his people, ”O my people! Remember the favour of Allah upon you that He made
amongst you Messengers and made you Kings, and gave you that which He gave not this day to anyone in the
21. ‘O my people! Enter this Holy Land which Allah has written for you and turn not back, for you will turn in loss.
22. They said, ‘O Moses! Therein there are most powerful people, and we shall never enter it until they go forth
from it, yes, if they go forth from there, then we shall go there.
23. Two men of those who feared Allah whom Allah had favoured said, ‘enter the gate forcibly against them, if you
enter the gate then there is only yours, victory, and put your trust in Allah only, if you believe.
24. They said, ‘O Moses! We shall never go there until they are there, then go forth you and your Lord and you
both fight, we are sitting here’.
25. Moses submitted, ‘O my Lord! I have no control over any but myself and my bother then You keep us separate
from these disobedients
26. Allah said, ‘then that land is forbidden to them for forty years, let them wander in the land, therefore grieve not
over these disobedients.
27. And narrate you to them the true news of the two sons of Adam, when they each offered an offering then it
was accepted from one and was not accepted from the other. Ho said, I swear that I shall kill you’. The other
said, ‘Allah accepts only from God fearing’.
28. Undoubtedly, if you shall stretch your hand against me to kill me, then I shall not stretch my hand against you
to kill you, I fear Allah, the Lord of all the Worlds.
29. I wish that my sin as well as your sin both should go to your side, so that you may be the man of Hell and this
is the punishment of unjust.
30. Then his soul induced him to kill his brother, so he killed him and remained in losers.
31. Then Allah sent a raven, scratching in the earth, so that he might show him, how he should hide the corpse of
his brother. He said, ‘Oh woe is me! I could not be able even like this raven so that I may hide the corpse of
my brother, then he remained repenting.
32. On account of this. We wrote for the children of Israel that whosoever killed a soul not to retaliate for a soul,
nor for creating disorder in the land, then it is as if he had killed all mankinds. And whoso gave life to one soul,
then it is as if he had given life to all mankinds. And undoubtedly, Our Messengers came to them with clear
proofs then undoubtedly, many of them after that commit excess in the land.
33. The only recompense of those who fight against Allah and His Messenger and wander about in the land making
mischief is this that they all should he slain or he crucified or their hands of one side and the feet of the other
side be cut off or be sent far away from the land This is their disgrace in the world and in the Hereafter for
them there is great torment.
34. But those who repented before you have control over them then know that Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
35. ‘O believers! Fear Allah and seek the means of approach to Him and strive in His way haply you may get
36. Undoubtedly, those who became infidels possessed all that is in the earth and as much over again to ransom
themselves thereby from the torment of the Day of Judge meet, it shall not be accepted from them and for
them is the painful torment.
37. They will wish to come out of the Hell but they will not be able to come out of it, and for them is the lasting
38. And whoso the man or the woman is a thief, then cut off their hands, the recompense for what they have
done, a punishment from Allah And Allah is Dominant, Wise.
39. Then whoso repents after his injustice and amends then Allah will turn to him with His Mercy, Undoubtedly,
Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
40. Do you not know that to Allah belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth? He punishes whom He pleases. And
Allah can do everything.
41. ‘O Messenger! Let not those grieve you who run towards infidelity, some of those who say with their mouths,
we have accepted faith. And their hearts are not Muslims, and some of the Jews who listen falsehood very well
and listen very well to other people who have not come to you. They change the words of Allah from their
places, and say, If you get this command, then accept it, and if you get not this, then be on your guard.’ And
to whom Allah pleases to misguide. Then you shall never be able to avail him anything against Allah. ‘These are
they whose hearts Allah intended not to purify To them there is disgrace in the world, and to them there is
great torment in the Hereafter.
42. They are habitual listeners of lies, great devourers of the things forbidden. So if they come to you, then judge
between them or turn your face from them, and if you will turn your face from them, they shall not harm you
at all. And if you judge between them then judge with justice. Undoubtedly, Allah likes the just.
43. And how they will wish judgement from you while they have Taurah with them wherein is Allah’s judgement
then thereafter they turn away their faces from it. And they are not to believe.
44. Undoubtedly, We have sent down Taurah, wherein is the guidance and light. According to it the Jews were
ordered by Our obedient prophets and men of reaming and, jurists for it was desired from them to preserve
the Book of Allah and they were witnesses to it, then fear not people, but fear Me and do not accept mean
price for Our Signs. And whoso judges not according to what Allah has sent down, they are the persons who
45. And We made obligatory on them in Taurah, a life for a life, and an eye for an eye, and a nose for a nose and
an ear for an ear and a tooth for a tooth, and in injuries there is equitable retaliation. Then whoso
recompenses with happy heart then that shall be expiation for his sin. And whoso judges not according to what
Allah has sent down, then they are the persons unjust.
46. And We brought Isa son of Marium following those prophets on their footsteps, confirming Taurah that had
come before him, and We gave him Injeel wherein is guidance and light and confirms Taurah that had come
before it, and guidance and admonition to the duty-bound.
47. And let the people of Injeel judge by what Allah has revealed in it, and whoso judges not by what Allah has
sent down, then it is they who are the transgressors.
48. And O beloved Prophet! We have sent down to you the true Book confirming the Books preceding it and as a
protector and witness over them. So judge you between them according to what Allah has sent down and O
listener! Do not follow their desires leaving the truth that has come to you, We ordained a law and way for all
of you, and if Allah had willed, He would have made you all a single people, but He desires to test you in what
He has given you. So desire to excel in good deeds. You are all to return towards Allah, and then He shall tell
you regarding what you used to dispute.
49. And that O Muslim! Judge according to what Allah has sent down and follow not their desires and be on guard
against them lest they cause to slip you from any command that has come to you Then if they turn their faces
then know that Allah wishes to give them punishment for some of their sins. And no doubt, many men are
50. Do they seek the judgement of the days of ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allah for a people
of firm faith?
51. ‘O believer! Do not take the Jews and Christians as friends, they are friends of each other among themselves,
and whoso of you makes them his friends, then he is one of them. Undoubtedly Allah guides not the people
52. Now, you will see those in whose hearts is a disease run towards the Jews and Christians saying, ‘We fear lest
a misfortune befall us’. Then it’ is near that Allah may bring a, victory, or any Commandment from Himself,
then they will remain regretting on what they had concealed in their hearts.
53. And the believers say. ‘Are they the same who swore by Allah in their Oaths with full strength that they were
with you’? Their works were all destroyed. Then they were left in loss.
54. ‘O believers! Whoso of you will turn back from his religion, then soon Allah shall bring such people that they
will be dear to Allah and Allah will be dear to them, humble towards the Muslims, and stern towards the
infidels. They will fight in the way of Allah and will not fear the reproach of any reproacher This is the bounty of
Allah, He gives it whom He pleases. And Allah is All-embracing, All Knowing.
55. Only Allah is your friend and His Messenger and the believers that they establish the prayer and pay the poordue and are bowed down before Allah.
56. And whoso takes Allah and His Messenger and Muslims as his fiends, then undoubtedly, the party of Allah only
57. ‘O believers! Do not take any of them as your friend who has made your religion a mockery and a play-thing
those who were given the Book before you and the infidels, and remain fearing Allah if you believe.
58. And when you call for prayer, they make it a mockery and a play-thing. That is because they are wholly unwise
59. Say you ‘O people of the Book! What seemed you bad of us, only this that we believe in Allah and what has
been sent down to us and what was sent down before, and that most of you are dis-obedients.
60. Say you, ‘shall I tell you about those who are in a worse condition with Allah than this? Those whom Allah has
cursed and on them has caused anger and of whom He has made apes and swine and worshippers of devil
(Satan). Their destination is worse and they are astrayed farther from the right path.
61. And when they come to you, they say, ‘We are Muslims,’ while they were infidel; when they came and infidels
too when they departed. And Allah knows well what they are concealing.
62. And you will see many of them run towards sin and transgression and eating what is forbidden. Undoubtedly
they are practising evil things
63. Why their clergymen and priests do not forbid then from uttering sinful words and eating of things forbidden”
Undoubtedly. They are performing evil things.
64. The Jews have said, the hand of Allah is tied up, their own hands he tied up and there be curse of Allah on
them for their uttering, but His hands are wide open. He gives how He pleases, And O beloved Prophet! What
has been sent down to you from your Lord will increase many of them in wickedness and infidelity. And We
have cast among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgement. Whenever they kindle the fire of war,
Allah extinguishes it and run about in the land for mischief. And Allah loves not the mischief mongers.
65. And had the people of the Book believed and been duty-bound. Then indeed We would have removed their
sins and We would surely have caused them to enter gardens of Bliss.
66. And had they maintained Taurah and Injeel and what has been sent down to them from their Lord, then they
would have received subsistence from above and from beneath their feet. A party among them is moderate
and most of them are doing most evil things.
67. ‘O Messenger! Communicate that which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if it is not so, then you
have not conveyed His any message. And Allah will guard you from the people. Undoubtedly, Allah gives not
way to the infidels.
68. Say you, ‘O people of the Book! You are nothing until you establish Taurah and Injeel and what has been sent
down to you from your Lord. And undoubtedly, O beloved Prophet! What has been sent down to you from your
Lord, will increase many of them in wickedness and infidelity, then grieve not for the infidels.
69. Undoubtedly, those who call themselves Muslims and in the same way the Jews and worshipers of stars
(Sabaeans) and Christians, whoso of them believes with true heart in Allah and the Last Day and works good,
then on them neither there is any fear nor any grief.
70. Undoubtedly, We took a covenant from the children of Israel, and We sent Messengers to them. Whenever any
Messenger came with those things which their soul did not desire, they belied a party (of them) and another
71. And they imagine, that there shall be no punishment, (for them) then they became blind and deaf, then again
Allah accepted their repentance, yet again most of them became blind and deaf. And Allah is seeing their
72. Undoubtedly, those are infidels, who say, “Masih son of Maryam is the very Allah’. And whereas Masih had said
‘O children of lsrail worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord Undoubtedly, whoso. Associates anyone with Allah,
then Allah has forbidden paradise to him and his abode is Hell. And there is no helper of unjust.
73. Undoubtedly, those are infidels who say, ‘Allah is third of the three Gods, and there is no God but the one God.
And if they desist not from what they say, then a painful torment shall surely befall to those who will die as
74. Then why they do not turn towards Allah and ask His Forgiveness? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
75. The Messiah son of Mary was not but a Messenger, many Messengers passed away before him. And his mother
is a truthful woman. Both used to take food. See how clear signs We explain for them, then see how they are
76. Say you, ‘Do you worship beside Allah, that which is neither master of your loss nor of profit. And Allah is the
Hearing, the knowing.
77. ‘O people of the Book! Exceed not the limits in your religion unjustly, and follow not the desires of a people
who have already gone astray and caused many to go astray and have strayed away from the right path.
78. Cursed were those who committed infidelity from amongst the children of Israel by the tongue of Daud and Isa
son of Maryam. This reward because of their dis-obedience and transgression.
79. Whatever bad they did they did not prohibit one other among themselves. Necessarily, they used to do evil
80. You will see many of them befriend infidels. What an evil thing they have sent forth for themselves that Allah’s
Wrath fell upon them and they shall dwell in torment forever.
81. And if they had believed in Allah and this prophet and what has been sent down to him, then they would not
have taken the infidels as friends but, many of them are disobedients.
82. You shall surely find the Jews and polytheist the bitterest enemies of Muslims, and surely you shall find the
nearest in friendship to Muslims, those who used to say, “we are Christians.” That is because among them are
men of learning and monks and they are not proud.
83. And when they hear what has been sent down towards the Messenger, then see, their eyes are overflowing
tears because they have recognised the truth they say, ‘O our Lord we have accepted faith, then write us down
among the witnesses of truth.
84. And what happened to us that we should not have faith in Allah and the truth that has come to us and we long
that our Lord would cause us to enter with the righteous people.
85. Therefore, Allah on account of what they say gave them gardens beneath which rivers flow, they will abide
therein. This is the recompense of the righteous.
86. And those who committed infidelity and belied Our signs are the people of Hell.
87. ‘O believers! Make not unlawful the pure things, which Allah has made lawful for you and cross not the limit.
Undoubtedly, Allah likes not those who cross the limit.
88. And eat what Allah has provided you lawful and pure. And fear Allah in Whom you believe.
89. Allah holds not you responsible for oaths taken by misunderstanding, but He holds you responsible for oaths
which you made binding then the expiation of such oaths is the feeding of ten needy people with average food
with which you feed your family members, or clothing them or the freeing of a slave then whoso finds not
anything of these, then for him is the fasting of three days. This is the expiation of your oaths when you have
sworn. And guard your oaths. Similarly Allah explains His signs to you so that you may be grateful.
90. ‘O believers! Wine and gambling and idols and divining arrows are only unclean things, a work of devil (Satan)
then save yourselves from them, so that you may prosper.
91. The devil (Satan) desires only to put hatred and enmity among you in regard to wine and gambling and to bar
you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer, will you then desist?
92. And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and be careful then if you turn back, know then that the responsibility
over Our Messenger is only to deliver the message clearly.
93. On those who believed and did righteous work there is no sin for what they have eaten when they fear and
keep faith and do righteous work, again fear and keep faith, then again fear and remain righteous And Allah
loves the, righteous.
94. ‘O believers! Allah shall surely test you with some such game which your hands and lances may reach in order
that Allah may make known those who fear Him without seeing, then after this who so crosses the limit, for
him is a painful punishment.
95. ‘O believers! Kill not game while you are in a pilgrim garb. And who so amongst you kills it intentionally, then;
his compensation is that he should give a like animal from amongst the cattle as judged by two just persons
among you, this offering reaching to the Kaaba, or as an expiation, feeding of some needy persons or its
equivalent in, fasting, so that he may taste the enormity of his deed. Allah has pardoned what happened in the
past. And who so will do now Allah will take retribution from him. And Allah is Dominant Lord of Retribution.
96. Lawful is to you the game of the sea and its eating for the benefit of you and the travellers and forbidden to
you is the game of the land, so long you are in pilgrim garb. And fear Allah towards Whom you are to rise.
97. Allah made Kaaba the sacred House as an establishment for the people, and so the sacred month and the
offerings of the sacred House and the animals with the marks hanging in the neck. That is so that you may
believe that Allah knows what is in the heavens and what is in the earth and that Allah knows everything.
98. Know that the torment of Allah is severe and Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
99. Nothing is on the Messenger but communicating the Message. And Allah knows what you disclose and what
100. Say you, ‘the dirty and clean are not equal, even though the abundance of the dirty may please you, then
remain fearing Allah,O men of understanding! So that you may get prosperity.
101. ‘O believers! ask not such things which if disclosed to you, may displease you; and if you will ask while the
Quran is descending then they would be disclosed to you. Allah has already pardoned them. And Allah is
102. A people before you asked them, then became rejecters therein.
103. Allah has not appointed any ‘Bahira’ and nor ‘Saiba’ and nor ‘Wasila’ and nor ‘Hami’ (names of sacred animals
she camels and she goats of the time of Pagans) but yes, the infidels fabricate the lie against Allah. And most
of them are perfectly unwise.
104. And when it is said to them, ‘come to what Allah has sent down and to the Messenger’, they say,’ enough for
us is that wherein we found, our fathers, what! Even though their fathers knew nothing nor were guided.
105. ‘O believers! Take care of yourselves. He, who has gone astray, will not harm you when you are on the right
way. Towards Allah is the return of you all, then He will tell you what you were doing.
106. ‘O believers! The evidence among yourselves when death approaches any of you at the time of making a will is
of two jut persons from among you or two of the others, when you be on journey in the land, and the calamity
of death befall you, Detain them both after prayer, they should swear by Allah if you are in any doubt, that we
shall not purchase any wealth in exchange of the oath, even though he may be a near relation, and will not
hide the testimony of Allah if we do so, we are surely among the sinners.
107. Then if it is known that they became guilty of any sin, then two others should stand in their place from
amongst those nearer to the deceased whose right has been injured by this sin (by this false evidence), then
they should swear by Allah that our evidence is more upright than the evidence of those two, and we crossed
not the limit, if it be so then we should be of the unjust.
108. It is nearer that they may give the evidence as it should be or fear that some oaths may be rebutted after their
oaths. And fear Allah and listen to His commands. And Allah gives not the way to the dis-obedients.
109. The day when Allah will gather the Messengers, then will say, ‘what answer was made to you,’ they will submit,
‘We have no knowledge, it is You only the Knower of all things unseen.
110. When Allah will say, ‘O Issa son of Maryam, remember My favour upon you and your mother, when I aided you
with holy spirit, then you spoke to people in the cradle and in the grown up age, and when I taught you the
Book and wisdom and Taurah and Injeel, and when you make of clay a figure like a bird by My command then
you breathe into it, then it begins to fly by My command, and you cure the born blind and the leper by My
command, and you bring forth alive the dead by My command, and when I restrained the children of Israel
from you when you came to them taking clear signs, then the infidels of them spoke, ‘this is nothing but an
111. And when I inspired the disciples to believe in Me and in My Messenger, they said, ‘We have believed, and bare
you witness that we are muslims.’
112. When the disciples said, ‘O Issa son of Maryam, will your Lord do, that He should sent us down a tray of food
from the heaven? He said, ‘fear Allah if you have faith.
113. They said, ‘we wish that we may eat of it and our hearts may be satisfied and we may see with our own eyes
that you spoke truth to as, and we may be witnesses thereof.’
114. Issa son of Maryam submitted, ‘O Allah our Lord, ‘sends down to us a tray of food from the heaven so that it
may be an occasion of rejoicing for us, for the first and the last of us and a sign from You, and provide for us
and you are the best of Providers.
115. Allah said, ‘I send it down to you, now therefore whoso of you will commit infidelity, then undoubtedly. I shall
torment him with a torment wherewith I shall not punish to anyone in the entire Universe.
116. And when Allah will say, ‘O Issa son of Maryam! Did you tell to people, ‘make me and my mother two gods
besides Allah’? He will submit ‘bellowed be You, it is not justified for me that I should tell the thing to which I
have no reach. ‘If I had said that You would surely have known it You know what is in my heart and I do not
know what is in Your knowledge. Undoubtedly, it is You only, Knower of, all hidden things.
117. I said not to them but that which You had commanded me that worship Allah my Lord and your Lord, and I
knew of them as long as I remained in them, then when You took me up, then You were the Watcher over
them, and every thing is, present before You.
118. If You punish them, they are Your bondmen, and if You forgive them, then undoubtedly, You are only the
Dominant, the Wise.
119. Allah said, ‘this is the day in which their truthfulness will benefit the truthful, for them, are Gardens beneath
which rivers flow, they shall abide therein for ever. Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah.
This is the great success.
120. For Allah is the kingdom of the heavens and earth and whatever is in them. And. He is Potent over everything.
Surah Number 6: Al-An`âm (Animal, Cattle, Livestock)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 165
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. All Praise to Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and brought into being the darkness and the light,
yet the infidels ascribe equals to their Lord.
2. It is He Who created you from clay, then He decreed a term, and there is a determined promise with Him,
thereafter you doubt.
3. And He is the very Allah of heavens and earth He knows all your secrets and what you reveal and knows your
4. And there comes to them no sign of the signs of their, Lord, but they turn away, their faces from it.
5. Then undoubtedly, they belied the truth when it came to then. So now, they are to be informed of that they
were mocking at.
6. Have they not observed how many a generation We have destroyed before them? We gave them such
establishment in the earth, which We gave you not, and We sent them rain in torrents and caused rivers flow
beneath them, then We destroyed them on account of their sins, and after them raised up another generation.
7. And if We had sent down on you something written on paper so that they would have touched it with their
hands, even then the infidels would have said, ‘this is nothing but manifest magic’.
8. And they said, ‘Why not any angel has been sent on him? And if We would have sent an angel the affair would
have been finished, and they would not have been given time.
9. And if We had made the prophet an angel, even then We would have made him a man, and they would have
the same doubt in him as they have now.
10. And assuredly, O beloved prophet! Messengers before you were mocked at; then those who were mocking at
them their mockery surrounded them selves.
11. Say you, Go about in the land, then see how has been the end of beliers’.
12. Say you, ‘To whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth? Say you ‘To Allah, ‘He has written mercy
upon His generosity. Undoubtedly, He will surely gather you on the Day of judgement There is no doubt in it.
Those who have put their souls in loss would not believe.
13. And to Him belongs whatever dwells in the night and day. And He is the Hearer the Knower.
14. Say you, ‘Shall I take for protector any other than Allah Who has created heavens and earth, and He feeds and
is not fed? Say you; I have been commanded to submit first and never to be of polytheists.
15. Say you; ‘If I disobey my Lord then, I fear the torment of a Mighty Day’.
16. On that day, from whomsoever the torment is averted Allah indeed has had mercy on him And this is the
17. And if Allah causes any evil to you, then there is none to remove it but He. And if He brings you good, then He
can do everything.
18. And He is all Dominant over His bondmen. And He is the very Wise, the Aware.
19. Say you, ‘Whose evidence is the greatest’? Say you, ‘Allah is witness between you and me this Quran has been
revealed to me so that with it may warn you and whomsoever it reaches.’ Then do you give this evidence that
besides Allah there are other gods? Say you ‘I do not give this evidence. ‘Say you, ‘He is the only one to be
worshiped and I am quit of all those, you associate with Him’.
20. Those whom We gave the Book recognise this prophet as they recognise their sons. Those who have put their
souls in loss would not believe.
21. And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah or belies His signs Undoubtedly, the unjust will
never get prosperity.
22. And the day when, We shall raise them all together then will say to the polytheists, ‘where are those your
associates whom you used to assert’.
23. Then there remained not any fabrication for them but to say, ‘by Allah, Our Lord, We were not polytheists.
24. See! How they lied against themselves and were lost from them the things, which they had been concocting.
25. And among them are some who give ear (listen) to you and, We have put veils over their hearts so that they
understand it not and in their ears is heaviness. And if they may see all signs even then they will not believe in
them. In as much as when they come to you disputing, then infidels say, ‘this is not but the stories of the
26. And they forbid from it and keep a far from it and they ruin not but their own souls and they perceive not.
27. And if you could see when they will be made to stand before the fire then they will say, ‘would that We might
be resumed and belie not, the sighs of their Lord and might become Muslims.
28. But it has become manifest to them what they used to conceal before. And if they were sent back, they would
do the same from which they were forbidden and undoubtedly, they are surely liars.
29. And they say, This is the only our life of the world and we are not to be raised’.
30. And if you could see when they shall be made to stand before their Lord. He will say, is not this truth? They will
say, ‘why not by our, Lord’ He will say, ‘then now taste the torment, the reward of your infidelity.’
31. Undoubtedly, they remained losers who denied the meeting with their Lord, so much so, that when the Hour
came to them suddenly, they said, ‘Oh alas for us, that we committed mistake in accepting it and that we bear
our burden on our backs O what an evil burden they are bearing?
32. And worldly life is nothing but a play and amusement. And undoubtedly, the last abode is better for those who
fear. Do you not then?
33. We know that what they say, grieves you, they belie you not, but the evil doers deny the signs of Allah.
34. And the Messengers were belied before you, but they endured patiently when they were belied and were
persecuted, until Our help came to them. And there is none to change the words of Allah; and the news of the
Messengers has already come to you.
35. And if their turning away of faces has grieved you, then if you can do, seek any tunnel in the ground or a
ladder unto heaven, and bring a sign for them. And if Allah has willed, then He would have gathered them on
the guidance, so O listener! Be never you an innocent.
36. Those very accept who listen, and Allah will raise those of dead hearts, then towards Him they will be driven.
37. And they say, ‘why has not a sign been sent down to them from their Lord? Say you, ‘Allah has power to send
down a sign, but most of them are fully ignorant.
38. And there is no one crawling on earth nor any bird that flies on its wings but are the communities like you. We
have left out nothing in the Book. Then to their Lord they shall be raised.
39. And those who belied Our signs are deaf and dumb in utter darkness. Allah sends astray whom He will, and
places on the straight path whom He will.
40. Say you, ‘tell you then if the torment of Allah comes to you or the Hour is established, will you call upon any
other than Allah, if you are truthful?
41. But you will call Him alone, so if He please He would remove that for which you call for Him, and you would
forget the associates.
42. And undoubtedly, We sent; Messengers towards communities before you then seized them with adversity and
distress so that they might beseech.
43. Why did it not happen that when Our torment came upon them, they would have beseeched? But their hearts
were hardened and the devil (Satan) made fair seeming to them their deeds in their eyes.
44. Then when they forget that with which they were admonished We opened unto them the gates of all things
until when they became delighted at what they were given, then We seized them suddenly, now they were left
45. Then the unjust were uprooted completely; and a praise belongs to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds.
46. Say you, ‘look you, if Allah should take away your ears and eyes and seal up your hearts, then who is the God
other than Allah Who could bring these things back to you? See how in different manners We explain the signs
but they turn away their faces.
47. Say you, look you, if the torment of Allah comes upon you suddenly or openly then who will be destroyed save
the unjust people.
48. We do not send the Messengers but to give glad tidings and to warn, then those who believed and amended
themselves then to them there is neither fear nor any grief.
49. And those who belied Our signs, torment shall reach to them because of their disobedience.
50. Say you, ‘I do not say to you, I possess the treasures, of Allah, ‘and nor I Say,’ I know the unseen myself, and
nor do I say to you, ‘I am an angel. I follow only that which is revealed to me.’ Say you, shall the blind and the
seeing become equal? Do you then not ponder?
51. And with this Quran warn those who fear that they shall be raised towards their Lord in a manner that there
shall be neither supporter nor any intercessor for them beside Allah, in the hope that they may be come Godfearing.
52. And drive not away those who call upon their Lord morning and evening seeking His pleasure. Nothing on you
from their account, and nothing on them from your account, then if you drive them away, this thing is far from
53. And thus We made one of them a trial for the other on that the wealthy infidel may say seeing the needy
Muslims, ‘Are these people whom Allah has favoured among us? Does not Allah know well the grateful?
54. And when those who believe in Our signs come to you then say to them, ‘Peace be upon you,’ your Lord has
prescribed mercy on Himself, that whoso of you does some evil ignorantly and repents thereafter and amends,
then undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
55. And in this way We explain fully Our signs, and in order that the way of the guilty may become evident.
56. Say you, ‘I have been for bidden to worship those whom you worship besides Allah. ‘Say you, ‘I follow not your
vain desires, if it be so then I would go astray and would not remain, on the path’.
57. Say you, ‘I am on a shinning proof from my Lord and you belie it; I have not that with me for which you are
hastening.’ There is no order but of Allah. He explains the truth and He is the Best of judges.
58. Say you ‘If I had that thing for which you are hastening, then the affair would have been already ended
between me and you. And Allah knows well the oppressors.
59. And with Him is the key of unseen, He only knows them And He knows whatever is in the land and in the sea.
And the leaf that falls He knows it. And there is not any grain in the darkness of the earth, and nor anything
wet and nor dry which is not written in a luminous Book.
60. And He is the very Who takes hold of your souls by night and knows whatever you earn by day, then He raises
you in the day so that the appointed term may be completed, then you have to return towards Him, then He
will tell you what you used to do.
61. And He is the Dominant over His bondmen and He,’ sends guardians over you, until when death comes to any
of you, Our angels take his soul and they do not fail.
62. Then they are turned back towards their true Lord Allah. (Do you hear?) His is the order and He is the Quickest
in taking account.
63. Say you, ‘Who is that Who delivers you from the calamities of the forest and sea Whom you call upon in
humility and secretly that if He saves us from this, then we shall certainly be grateful.
64. Say you, Allah delivers you from this and from every distress, yet you associate partners with Him.
65. Say you, ‘He is powerful to send torment on you from above you or from beneath your feet or He may make
you to encounter by making different groups and to make you, taste the severity of one another,’ see, How We
explain the signs in various ways haply they may understand.
66. And your people belied it, and it is the truth. Say you; ‘I am not an advocate over you’.
67. For every thing, there is a time fixed and soon you will come to know.
68. And O listener! When you see those who plunge in Our signs then turn away your face from them until they
plunge in some other discourse, and whatever they say the devil (Satan) may make you forget then sit not you
after recollection with the unjust people.
69. And there is nothing on the righteous from their account yes, but to admonish them, haply they may abstain.
70. And leave those alone who have made their religion a mockery and play thing and the worldly life has deceived
them and admonishes them with Quran, so that a soul may not be caught on account of its doings. It shall
have neither helper nor intercessor beside Allah. And if it gives every compensation for itself, it shall not be
accepted from it. These are they who have been caught on their doings. For them is a drink of boiling water
and painful torment, the recompense of their infidelity.
71. Say you, ‘shall we worship beside Allah that which neither does us any good nor does any harm, and shall we
be turned back on our heels, after that Allah has shown us the way, like one whom the devil has made to
forget his way in the earth, he is bewildered, (while) his companions are calling him towards the way that come
to us? Say you, ‘The guidance of Allah is the only guidance, and we are commanded to submit to Him only who
is the Lord of all worlds.
72. And this that establishes prayer and fears Him and it is He towards Whom you are to rise.
73. And it is He who has made the heavens and earth rightly. And the Day when the destruction will occur, He will
say to everything, ‘be then it will become atonce. His word is the truth. And His is the kingdom on the day
when the trumpet will be blown He is the Knower of every secret and open and He is the Wise, the Aware.
74. And remember when Abraham said to his father, Azar, ‘Do you take the idols for gods’? Undoubtedly, I find you
and your people in manifest error.
75. And thus We show to Abraham all the Kingdoms of heavens and earth and in Order that he might become of
the convinced at sight.
76. When the darkness of night came on him, he saw a star, said he, ‘you take this as my Lord! Then when it set,
said he, ‘I do not like the setting ones’.
77. Then when he saw the moon shining, said he, ‘you tell this my Lord, then when it set, said he, ‘if my Lord
would not have guided me I would also have been of tee same who have gone astray.’
78. Then when he saw the sun shining, said he, au say this my Lord! This is biggest of all then when it set, said he
‘O people, I am quit of all those things which you associate with God.
79. I diverted my face towards Him who have made the heavens and earth, being of Him only and I am not of the
80. And his people began to dispute with him, said he, ‘do you dispute with me in respect of Allah, then He has
already told me the way, and I do not fear those that you tell as His associates, but yes if my Lord, wishes
anything. My Lord comprehends every thing in His knowledge. Then, do you not accept the admonition?
81. And how should I fear those you associate and while you do not fear that you associated with Allah that for
which He has not sent down to you any certificate. Then which of the two groups is more entitled for security,
if you know?
82. Those who have believed and mixed not any injustice with their faith, these are the people for whom there is
security and they are the very who are guided.
83. And this is Our argument that We gave to Ibraham against his people; We raise in degrees Whom we please.
Undoubtedly, your Lord is Wise, Knowing.
84. And We gave him Ishaque and Yaqub We showed the path to all of them and showed the path to Nuh before
them, and of his progeny, to Daud and Suleman and Ayub and Yusuf and Musa and Haroon, and thus We
recompense the righteous.
85. And to Zakaria (Zacharia) and Yahya (John) and Isa (Jesus) and Ilyas (Elias). These are all entitled to be Our
near ones (righteous)
86. And to Ismail and Yasa (Elisha) and Yunus (Jonah) and Lot, And to each one We preferred above all in his
87. And also to some of their fathers and their progeny and some of their brothers, and We chose them and
showed them the straight path.
88. This is the guidance of Allah. He gives whom He will of His bondmen, and if they would have committed
polytheism, then surely, all that they had already done would have been destroyed.
89. Those are they to whom We gave the Book and order and prophet-hood, then if these people reject it. Then
We have appointed for it such a people who are not the rejecters.
90. These are they whom Allah has guided, then follow you their path. Say you; I ask you no wage for Quran that
is not but an admonition to the entire world.
91. And the Jews did not know the estimation of Allah as was necessary for Him when they said, ‘Allah has not
sent down anything on any man.’ Say you, ‘who has sent down that Book which was brought by Moses, a light
and a guidance for the people of which you have made separate papers to show and much of it you conceal;
and you are taught that which you knew not neither you nor your fathers ‘Say, ‘Allah.” Then leave them playing
in their absurdity.
92. And this is a blessed Book ‘ that We have sent down confirming those Books which were before it and in order
that you may warn the chief of all cities (Mekkah) and to all those around it in the entire world. And those who
believe in the Hereafter believe in this Book and guard their prayer.
93. And who is more unjust than one who fabricates a lie ‘ against Allah or Says, ‘I have received a revelation and
nothing has been revealed to him and who says, ‘just now I send down the like of what Allah has sent down,
and if you could see the unjust when they are in the agonies of death and the angels have stretched their
hands; (saying) ‘yield up your souls’, this day you will be awarded the punishment of disgrace for you used to
forge lie against Allah and because you were big with pride against His signs.
94. And undoubtedly, you have come to US alone as We created you for the first time, and you have left behind
your backs whatever wealth and had given you; and We see not with you your intercessors of whom you
asserted as your partners in your affairs, undoubtedly, the ties between you are cut off and gone is that from
you who used to assert.
95. Undoubtedly! Allah is the Cleaver of seed-grain and date stone. He brings forth the living from the dead and is
the Bringer forth of the dead from the living. This is Allah! Where are you going back?
96. He brings forth the dawn after cleaving the darkness and He has made the night for rest and the sun and
moon as reckoning. This is the measurement of the Mighty, the Knowing.
97. And it is He who has made the stars for you that you may get the way in the darkness of the Land and the sea.
We have explained the signs in detail for people who know.
98. And it is He who has produced you from a single soul, then you have to stay some where and to remain as
repository at some other place. Undoubtedly! We have explained the signs in detail for a people of
99. And it is He who has sent down water from the heaven, then We brought forth every things of growth and out
of it We brought forth the green (foliage) from which We bring forth-clustered grains and out of the sheaths of
palms the bunches close to one another and gardens of grapes and olives and pomegranates, similar in some
respect and dissimilar in some other respects. Look at its fruit when it bears fruit and its ripening. Undoubtedly
there are signs in it for the persons believing.
100. And they have made jinns as associates of Allah whereas He created them and they devised for him sons and
Daughters without any knowledge. Holy is He and exalted far above from their affairs.
101. The Originator of the heavens and earth, from where He have a son whereas there is no woman for Him and
he has created everything and He knows all things.
102. This is Allah, your Lord none is to be worshipped except He, the Maker of every thing, then worships Him, He is
Guardian over everything.
103. Eyes comprehend Him not and all eyes are under His comprehension and it is He Who is the Innermost, All
104. There have come to you the eye Opener arguments from your Lord, then whosoever saw it, then it is for his
own good and whosoever became blind, then it is for his own bad and I am not a guardian over you.
105. And thus We variously explain the signs and because the infidels may say, ‘you have studied’ and that We may
make it clear over the people who know.
106. Follow you what has been revealed to you, none is to be worshipped except He and turn your face from the
107. And had Allah willed they would not have committed polytheism and We made not you watcher over them, nor
are you an advocate over them.
108. And abuse not those whom they worship beside Allah because they will commit rudeness in respect of Allah
through their excessiveness and ignorance. Thus We have mace fair the deeds of every nation in their eyes,
then they have to return back towards their Lord and He will tell them what they used to do.
109. And they swear by Allah in their oath with utmost earnest that if there come to them any sign then they would
surely believe therein. Say you, ‘The signs are with Allah and what you know that when they would come then
they will not believe therein.
110. And We turn about their hearts and their eyes, as they believed not therein at the first time and We leave them
to wander about in their contumacy.
111. And if We had sent down angels towards them and the dead had spoken to them and We had brought
together all things before them, even then they would not believe but if Allah would have willed, but most of
them are totally ignorant.
112. And in like manner We have made for every prophet an enemy, devils from among men and jinn, that in them
one inspires the other secretly with fabricated discourse in order to deceive and had your Lord wished, they
would not have done so then leave them on their fabrications.
113. And because that the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter may incline towards it, and that they
may like it, and may earn sin what they are to earn.
114. Then, shall I seek the judgement of some one other than Allah, when it is He who has sent down towards you
this detailed Book? And those whom We have given the Book know that it is sent down by your Lord in truth;
so O’ Listener’ be never then of the doubters.
115. And Complete is the word of your Lord in veracity and justice. There is no one to change His words: and He is
the Hearer, the Knower.
116. And O listener! There are majority of those on earth that if you follow their saying, then they would mislead
you from the way of Allah. They are only behind their imaginations and they are in mere conjecture.
117. Your Lord knows well who has gone astray from His way, and He knows well the guided ones.
118. Then eat of that on which the name of Allah has been pronounced, if you believe in His signs.
119. And what happened to you that you should not eat out of that on which the name of Allah has been
pronounced. He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, but when you be compelled to it? And
undoubtedly, many mislead by their own desires without knowing. Undoubtedly, your Lord knows well the
120. And leave the apparent and secret sins. Those who earn sin, soon they will get punishment of their earning.
121. And eat not that over which the name of Allah has not been pronounced for undoubtedly that is dis-obedience
And Surely the devils inspire their friends that they may quarrel with you, and if you obey them, then at that
time you are polytheist.
122. And will he who was dead, then We gave him life, and made for him a light by which he walks among mankind,
become like that who is in darkness from which he is not to come out? Thus, in the eyes of infidels their deeds
have been made fair looking.
123. And thus have We made in each town the leaders of the guilty, so that they may plot therein. And they plot not
but against their own souls, and they perceive not.
124. And when any sign comes to them, then they say, ‘We shall never believe unless we receive the like of what
has been given to the Messengers of Allah. Allah knows well where to place His Messenger-ship. Soon the
guilty ones will receive humiliation before Allah and severe torment for their plotting.
125. And whomsoever Allah wishes to show the way, He opens his breast for Islam, and whomsoever wishes to lose
his way, He makes his breast narrow, straitened well as if he is climbing up into the sky forced by some one
else And thus Allah inflicts Punishment on those who believe not.
126. And this is the straight path of your Lord. We have explained the signs in detail for the people accepting
127. For them is the home of safety with their Lord, and He is their Protector, this is the fruit of their doings.
128. And the day He will raise all of them and will say, ‘O company of Jinn! You have gathered many men,” and
their allies among men will say. ‘O our Lord! We made use of one another and we have reached the term you
had determined for us.’ He will say, ‘Fire is your abode, abide therein for ever but as Allah will.’ O beloved
prophet Undoubtedly your Lord is Wise, Knowing.
129. And thus We set over one against the other among the unjust for what they have done.
130. ‘O company of Jinn and men! Did not Messengers come to you from amongst yourselves reciting My signs to
you, and warning you of seeing this day of yours? They will say, We bear witness against our souls,’ and the
worldly life deceived them and will themselves bear witness against their souls that they were infidels.
131. This is so because your Lord destroys not the town unjustly while their people are unaware.
132. And for every one there are degrees in accordance with their deeds. And your Lord is not unaware of their
133. And O beloved prophet’ Your Lord is Self sufficient, Merciful O mankind! If He please, He may take you away,
and bring some other whom He will in your place, just as He created you from the off springs of other people.
134. Undoubtedly, what is promised to you is sure to come and you cannot get it tired.
135. Say you. ‘O my people! Go on acting in your places do my work, ‘then now you wish to know for whom
remains the ultimate Abode. Undoubtedly, the unjust get not the welfare.
136. And whatever filth and cattle Allah has produced they made Him a sharer in them, then said, ‘this is for Allah
according to their fancies and this is for our associates.’ Then that which is of their associates does not reach
God and that which is for God reaches their associates. What an evil judgement they assign?
137. And thus their associates have made fair-seeming the killing of offsprings in the eyes of many polytheists, so
that they may ruin them and may confuse them in their religion. And had Allah willed, they would not have
done so, then you leave them, they are with their fabrications.
138. And they say, ‘this cattle and tilth are taboo, only those can eat them whom We please with their false notions,
and there are some cattle over which riding is forbidden, and some cattle over which they do not pronounce
the name of Allah at the time of slaughtering, this all is to assert lie against Allah. Soon He shall recompense
them for their fabrications.
139. And they say, ‘what is: within the bellies of those cattle solely belong to our males and is forbidden to our
women, and if it be born dead, then they all are partners therein. Soon Allah will recompense them for their
such actions. Undoubtedly He is Wise, knowing.
140. Undoubtedly, those who kill their offsprings by their foolish ignorance are ruined and make unlawful what Allah
has provided for them, forging a lie against Allah. Undoubtedly, they have strayed and have not got the way.
141. And it is He who has produced gardens, trellised and untrellised, and date palms and filth in which are various
kinds of food and olives and pomegranates similar in some respects and dis-similar in some other respects. Eat
of their fruits when bear fruits and pay due thereof on the day of harvesting, and spend not wastefully.
Undoubtedly, He does not like those who spend wastefully
142. And of the cattle some are for carrying burden and some lying on earth (too small) Eat of what Allah has
provided for you and do not follow the footsteps of the devil (Satan). Undoubtedly, he is your open enemy.
143. Eight males and females, one pair of sheep and one pair of goat; say you, ‘has He made both males unlawful
or both females or that which the wombs of two females contain? Inform by any knowledge, if you are
144. And a pair of camel and a pair of cow; say you, ‘has He made both males unlawful or both females or that
which the wombs of both females contain?” Were you present when Allah gave you this order, then who is
more unjust than one who forges lie against Allah, that he may misguide the people with his ignorance.
Undoubtedly, Allah does not show the path to unjust.
145. Say you, ‘I find not in what has been revealed to me any meal forbidden to any eater, but that it be a dead
body, or flowing blood of veins or the flesh of a vile animal (swine) for that is foul or an animal of disobedience
in slaughtering of which the name other than God has been pronounced, then whoso is driven by necessity
neither willing himself nor exceeding beyond the necessity, then undoubtedly. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
146. And to the Jews We forbade every animal having hoofs and the fat of cow and goat We forbade them but what
their backs or intestines carry or what is attached to their bones. We recompensed them for their contumacy,
and undoubtedly, We are surely the Truthful.
147. Again if they belie you say you, ‘your Lord is of extensive mercy and His torment is not turned aside from the
148. Now the polytheists say, ‘if Allah had willed, we would not have committed polytheism, neither our fore-fathers,
nor had We forbidden anything.’ In the same manner belied those who were before them until they tasted Our
torment. Say you, ‘Have you any knowledge that you bring it forth to us? You are only behind your conjecture
and without nothing you estimate.
149. Say you, ‘then the argument of Allah is conclusive; so if He had wished, then. He would have guided you all.’
150. Say you, ‘Bring your those witnesses who testify that Allah has forbidden this, ‘then if they testify, then you O
listener! Bear not witness with them, and follow not the desires of those who belie Our signs, and who believe
not in the Hereafter, and they ascribe equals to their Lord.
151. Say you, ‘Come I will rehearse to you what your Lord has forbidden to you, ‘that you associate not anyone with
Him, and that you do good to parents, and that you kill not your children because of poverty. We shall provide
for you and for them, and that you approach not shameful deeds whichever them is open and whichever is
hidden; and slay not unjustly the life which Allah has made sacred. This has He ordered you that you may
152. And do not approach the property of the orphans but in the best way, until he reaches the maturity and fill up
the measure and weight with justice. We burden no soul but to its capacity, and when you speak, then say
just, event though it be a matter of your relative, and fulfil the covenant of Allah. This He has en-joined you
strictly that haply you may accept admonition.
153. And that, this is My’ straight path, then follow it and follow not other paths for they will deviate you from His
path. This He has ordered you that haply you may be self-restrained.
154. Again We gave the Book to Moses for doing full favour upon him who is righteous, and the details of
everything, and a guidance and mercy that haply they may believe in the meeting of their Lord.
155. And this blessed Book We have sent down, follow it then and be self-restrained, so that you may receive
156. Lest you should say, The book was sent down to the two peoples before us, and we were unaware of their
reading and teaching.
157. Or lest you should say, If the Book had been sent own to us, then we would have be better guided than they.’
So there has come to you a luminous argument from your Lord, and guidance, and a mercy. Who is then more
unjust than he who belies the signs of Allah and turns his face from them? Soon We shall punish those with
great torment who turns away their faces from Our signs, the recompense of turning away their faces.
158. What they are waiting for, but for this that the angels should come to them, or that the torment of your Lord
should come, or that a sign off your Lord will come? The day when that one sign of your Lord will come.
Believing will not profit any soul that did not believe before or had not earned any good in its belief. Then say
you. ‘Wait, we also wait.’
159. Those who have created separate paths in their religion and have become many serfs O beloved prophet! You
have no concern at all with them. He will inform to them what they used to do.
160. Whoso brings one good, then for him there are ten like thereof, and whose brings an evil, shall not be
recompensed but to its equal and they shall not he wronged.
161. Say you, ‘Undoubtedly, my Lord has shown me the straight path, a right religion, the creed of Ibrahim who was
aloof from every falsehood and was not a polytheist.’
162. Say you, ‘Undoubtedly, my prayer, and my sacrifices, and my living and my dying are all for Allah Who is the
Lord of all the worlds.’
163. No one is associated to Him, so I have been commanded and I am the first muslim.
164. Say you, ‘shall I seek a Lord other than Allah, while He is the Lord of everything. And whatever one earns it is
on his, own account. And no bearer of burden will bear the burden of another. Then you have to return
towards your Lord, He will inform you of that in, which you used to differ.
165. And He it is Who has made you vicegerent in the earth and has raised one over the other in degrees among
you that He may try you in what He has given you. Undoubtedly, your Lord is not late in tormenting, and
undoubtedly, He is necessarily Forgiving, Merciful.
Surah Number 7: Al-A`râf (The Heights)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 206
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. ‘O beloved prophet! (Alif Lam, Mim, Saad.)
2. A Book has been sent to you, so let there be no impediment in your heart because of it, so that you may warn
therewith and an admonition to the muslims.
3. ‘O people! Follow what has been sent down to you from your Lord, and do not go behind other masters leaving
Him. Very little you understand.
4. And many a town We have destroyed then Our torment came upon them by night or while they slept in the
5. Then nothing came out from their mouths when Our torment came upon them but they said, ‘we were unjust
6. Then undoubtedly, We are necessarily to ask from those to whom Messengers were sent and undoubtedly, We
are necessarily to ask from the Messengers.
7. Then surely We shall tell them with Our knowledge and We were not absent.
8. And the weighing on that day is sure then those whoso scales are heavy, they are to attain their objects.
9. And those whose scales are light, then they are the persons who have put their souls in loss, the recompense
of those excesses which they used to do with Our signs.
10. And undoubtedly, We established you in the earth, and have made therein the means of your livelihood. How
little thanks you give.
11. And undoubtedly, We created you, then made your shapes, then We said to the angels, ‘prostrate before Adam
then all those fell prostrate, but Iblis (devil); he was not of those who prostrated.
12. He said, ‘what prevented you that you did not fall prostrate when I ordered you? Said he, I am better than him,
You created me of fire and made him of clay.’
13. He said ‘get you down from here, it is not for you that you may behave proudly living here, get out, you are
amongst the degraded ones.
14. Said, he’ give me time till the day they are raised up’.
15. He said, ‘you are given time.’
16. Said he, I swear that because You have seduced me, I shall necessarily sit on Your straight path in wait for
17. Then, surely I will come near them, from before them and from behind them, and from their right and from
their left. And You will not find most of them thankful.
18. He said, ‘get out from here rejected, banished. Surely those of them who will follow you, I will fill Hell with you
19. And O Adam! Dwell you and your mate in the Paradise then eat there from where so ever you will, and
approach not this tree, otherwise you will be among transgressors.
20. Then the devil (Satan) put evil suggestion in their hearts, so that he might open to them the things of their
shame which were hidden from them and said, ‘your Lord has for bidden you from this tree only because you
may not become two angels or become immortals.
21. And he swore to them both that, I am well wisher of you both.
22. Then he caused them to fall with delusion, then when they tasted that tree, the things of their shame became
manifest to them, and they began to stick the leaves of the Paradise on their bodies. And their Lord said to
them, ‘Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that the Devil (Satan) is your manifest enemy’.
23. Both of them submitted, ‘O Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves, if You forgive us not and have not mercy on
us, then certainly we are among losers.’
24. He said, ‘Get down, in you one is enemy of the another and you are to stay in earth till a fixed time and there
is provision for a time.
25. He said, ‘you will be alive in it, and will die in it, and therefrom you will be raised.’
26. ‘O children of Adam! Undoubtedly, We have sent down towards you a dress that may cover your shameful
parts and one that be an adornment to you; and the dress of righteousness, that is the best. This is one of
Allah’s signs, that I they may be admonished.
27. ‘O children of Adam! Beware! Let not the devil (Satan) tempts you, as he brought your parents out from the
paradise, stripping them of their dress that they may see their shameful parts. Undoubtedly, he and his tribe
see you whence you see them not. Undoubtedly, We have made the devils friends of those who do not believe.
28. And when they commit any indecency, they say, ‘we found our forefathers on it and Allah commanded us so.
Then say, ‘undoubtedly Allah commands not acts of indecency.’ Do you allege against Allah what you know
29. Say you, My Lord has commanded justice and set your faces aright at the time of each prayer, and worship
Him being exclusively His bondmen. As He originated you so you will return.’
30. A party He has shown path and the error of a party has been proved. They have taken the devils (Satan) as
guardians leaving Allah and they think that they are guided.
31. ‘O children of Adam! Take your adornment whenever you go to mosque and eat and drink and do not cross the
limit. Undoubtedly, the persons crossing the limit are not liked by Him.
32. Say you, ‘who has forbidden the adornment of Allah, which He brought forth for His bondmen and the pure
foods? Say you. ‘That is for the believers in the world and is exclusively for them on the Day of Resurrection.
Thus We explain fully the signs for the people who have knowledge.
33. Say you, ‘My Lord has forbidden the indecencies, which of them are open and which are hidden. And sin, and
unjust excesses, and that you associate with Allah that for which He has not sent down any warrant and that
you say of Allah what you know not.
34. And for every people there is a promise (been), then when their term will come, they cannot remain behind for
an hour nor they get ahead of it.
35. ‘O children of Adam! If the Messengers come to you from among you, reciting to you My signs! Then whoso
refrains from evil and amends, on them there is neither any fear nor any grief.
36. And those who have belied Our signs and waxed proud against them, they are the people of Hell, in it they are
37. Then who is more unjust than he who has forged lie against Allah or has belied His signs? They will receive
what is written in their lot till when Our Messengers came to them for taking away their souls, then they say to
them, ‘where are those whom you used to worship beside Allah.’ They say, ‘they are lost from us.’ and they
bear witness against their own souls that they were infidels.
38. Allah says to them, enter the same Fire where other communities of Jinn and mankind went before you when a
community enters it, it curses the other; until when all have arrived therein, then the last will say to the first, ‘O
our Lord, these led us astray, then award them double torment Of the Fire. He will say, ‘all have double, but
you know not.’
39. And the first will say to the last, ‘you have then not been anyhow better than us, taste therefore the torment
the recompense of what you did’.
40. Those who belied Our signs and waxed proud against them, the gates of heaven will not be opened for them,
nor they will enter the paradise until the camel enters-through the eye of a needle. And thus We requite the
41. To them Fire will be the bed and Fire will be the covering. And thus We requite the unjust.
42. And those who accepted faith and did good deeds to their strength. We put not burden on anyone beyond his
strength. They are companions of Paradise; they are to abide therein.
43. And We have taken out the rancours from their breasts. Beneath them will low rivers and they will say. ‘all
praise belong to Allah Who has guided us to this, and we could not have found the way, if Allah had not guided
us, undoubtedly, the Messengers of our Lord brought truth And it was proclaimed that this is the paradise you
have inherited the reward of your doings.
44. And the companions of the Heaven called the companions of the Hell, ‘We have found what our Lord promised
us to be true, then have you too found what your Lord promised you to be true? They said, ‘yes,’ and in
between them a caller called out: ‘the curse of Allah be upon the unjust.’
45. Who bar from the path of Allah and desire to make it Crooked and dis-believe in the Hereafter.
46. And between Heaven and Hell there is a veil and on the Heights, there shall be some men who will recognise
both groups by their fore-heads’ and call the people of Heaven, ‘(saying) peace be upon you, ‘these have not
entered into the Heaven but are greedy for it.
47. And when their eyes will turn towards the people of the Hell, they will say ‘O’ Our Lord! Keep us not with the
48. And the people of the heights will call to certain men whom they recognise by their foreheads, and will say,
‘what did your multitude avail you and that in which you took pride’?
49. Are these the people on whom you used to swear that Allah would not amend His mercy a least to them? They
were rather told, enter Paradise, no fear upon you nor any grief.’
50. And the companions of the Fire will call the companions of the Heaven that give us some benefit of your water
or of that Allah has provided for you as food. They will say ‘undoubtedly, Allah has for bidden these both to the
51. Those who made their religion as a plaything and amusement and the life of the world has deceived them.
Therefore to day We shall leave them as they had left the conception of meeting of this Day and as they used
to deny Our signs.
52. And surely We have brought them a Book which We have detailed with great knowledge, a guidance and
mercy to the people who believe.
53. What they are looking for, but only this that the result of the sayings of the Book should come before. The day
when the foretold result will occur, those who had forgotten it before will say. ‘Undoubtedly the Messengers of
our Lord had brought the truth, then, is there any intercessor for us who could intercede on our behalf? Or
could We be sent back so that we might do deeds other than that we did before. Surely they put their souls at
a loss, and I have been lost from those who used to calumniate.
54. Undoubtedly, your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and earth in six days, then established Himself on
the Throne befitting to His Dignity. He covers the night and day by each other following it swiftly, and made
the sun and moon and stars all subservient to His command. Behold! His is the creation and command. Blessed
is Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
55. Call on your Lord humbly and secretly. Undoubtedly, He likes not those who cross the limit.
56. And spread not mischief in the earth after it has been set right and call on Him fearing and longing. Surely the
mercy of Allah is nigh to the good doers.
57. It is He who sends forth winds bearing good tidings before His mercy till they have carried heavy clouds, We
drive it towards any dead land, then send down water therewith. Then caused to grow varied fruits there with.
Thus shall We bring forth the dead, haply you may accept admonition.
58. And the land, which is good, its vegetation comes forth with the command of Allah and from that which is bad
comes forth nothing but very little. Thus we explain signs variedly for those who are grateful.
59. Undoubtedly, We sent Nuh towards his people then he said. ‘O my people! Worship Allah, you have no God
other than He. Surely I fear for you the torment of the Mighty Day.’
60. The leaders of his people said, ‘undoubtedly, we see you in apparent error.
61. Said he, ‘O my people no error is in me; but I am Messenger of the Lord of the Worlds’.
62. I deliver to you the messages of my Lord and wish your good and I know that from Allah, which you know not.
63. And have this surprised you that an admonition has come to you from your Lord through a man from amongst
you, so that he may warn you and you be god-fearing and haply you may be shown mercy?
64. Then they belied him, so We delivered him and those with him in the Ark and drowned those who belied Our
signs, certainly that was a blind group.
65. And to Aad send Hud from their brethren. He said, `O my people! worship Allah, you have no god other than
He.’ Then do you not fear?
66. The leaders of his people said, ‘surely, we find you foolish and we surely think you to be one of the liars.
67. Said he, ‘O my people there is no concern of foolishness with me, I am indeed a Messenger from the Lord of
68. I deliver to you the messages of my Lord and I am your trustworthy well wisher.
69. And have this surprised you that an admonition has come to you from your Lord through a man from amongst
you, so that he may warn you? And remember when He appointed you as successors of the people of Huh and
increased the stature of your body; then remember the bounties of Allah that haply you may fare well.
70. They said, ‘Have you come to us that we should worship Allah alone and leave what our fathers used to
worship, then bring you that you are promising for us if you are truthful.
71. He said, ‘surely there have befallen you the torment and wrath of Lord. Are you disputing with me only about
those names which you and your fathers have named for which Allah has sent down no authority? Wait then; I
also wait with you.
72. Then We delivered him and those with him by showing a great mercy from Us and cut off the roots of those
who used to belie Our signs and they were not believers.
73. And to Thamud We sent, Saleh from their brethren. He said. ‘O my people! worship Allah, you have no God
other than He. Undoubtedly, there has come to you bright proof from your Lord, this is a she-camel of Allah a
sign for you. So leave her that she may eat in Allah’s earth and touch her not with evil lest a painful torment
will overtake you.
74. And remember when He made you successors of Aad, and assigned you a place in the land that you build
palaces in its plains, and hew out houses in its mountains. Then remember the bounties of Allah and wander
not in the earth spreading mischief.
75. The proud leaders of his people said, ‘to the weak Muslims, ‘do you know that Saleh is a Messenger of his
Lord’? They said, ‘We believe in what has been sent with him.
76. The proud ones said, ‘in that which you belied we disbelieve.’
77. Then they hamstrung the she-camel and rebelled against the command of their Lord and said, ‘O Saleh, ‘bring
upon ‘ us that which you are promising for, if you are a Messenger.
78. Then the earthquake took them so in the morning they lay prostrate in their homes.
79. Then Saleh turned back his face from them and said, ‘O my people! Undoubtedly, I did deliver to you the
messages of my Lord, and wished your good, but you do not approve the well wishers.
80. And sent Lut, when he said to his people, do you commit that indecency which was ‘ not committed by any one
in, the world before you?
81. You rather approach men lustily instead of women on the contrary you people have crossed the limit.
82. And there was no answer of his people but this: They said, ‘turn them out of your town, these people aspire to
83. Then We delivered him and his family saves his wife, she was of those who remained behind.
84. And We rained down upon them a rain, then behold how was the end of the sinners?
85. And to Madyan We sent Shuaib from there brethren. He said, ‘O my people worship Allah, there is no God for
you other than He Undoubtedly, there has come to you bright proof from your Lord, then fill up the measure
and weight, and give not the people goods after diminishing and spread not mischief in the earth after fair
ordering This is good for you, if you believe.
86. And sit not on every path threatening and barring from Allah’s way to the wayfarers who have believed in Him,
and desiring crookedness in it: and remember, when you were few. He multiplied you, and beholds how was
the end of the mischief-makers.
87. And if there is a party of you who believe in that with which I have been sent and a party who believe not,
then wait till Allah decides between us; and Allah’s decision is the
88. The proud Chiefs of his people said, ‘O Shoaib, we swear that we will drive you out and the Muslims who are
with you from our town or you come back to our faith’. He said. What, even though we hate it?
89. Certainly we shall forge a lie against Allah, if we returned to your faith after Allah has delivered us from it. And
it is not for we Muslims that we should come back in your faith but that Allah Who is our Lord so willed. The
knowledge of our Lord comprehends everything. We have relied on Allah. O our Lord! Decide between us and
our people with truth and Your decision is the best.
90. And the infidel chiefs of his people said, ‘if you follow Shoaib, you shall certainly be the losers.’
91. Then an earthquake over took them; so in the morning they fell prostrate in their homes,
92. Those who belied Shoaib as if they had never been dwelling in those homes. Those who belied Shoaib were the
people who were ruined.
93. Then Shoaib turned his face from them and said,’ O my people, I have already delivered to you the messages
of my Lord and admonished for your good, how then should I lament over infidels.
94. And We have not sent any prophet in any town but We seized the people thereof with adversity and suffering
that anyhow they might lament.
95. Then We changed the place of evil with good until they became numerous and said, “no doubt, sufferings and
comforts visited our fathers,” then We seized them suddenly while they were unmindful.
96. And if the people of the towns had believed and feared, then We would surely have opened upon them
blessings from heavens and earth but they belied, then We arrested them on account of their doings.
97. Do the people of the towns not fear that Our torment might come upon them at night while they are sleeping?
98. Or do the people of the towns not fear that Our torment might come upon them in daylight while they are
99. Are they unaware of the secret devise of Allah? And none becomes fearless against the secret devise of Allah
but the losers.
100. And do those who inherited the land after the owners of it not get so much guidance that if We please, We
would have afflicted them for their sins? And We put a seal upon their hearts so that they hear nothing.
101. These are the towns the stories of which We relate to you, and undoubtedly, there came to them their
Messengers with bright proofs, but they were not able to believe what they had first rejected. Thus Allah put a
seal upon the, hearts of the infidels.
102. And We found not most ‘ of them true to their words, and necessarily, We found most of them disobedient.
103. Then, after them, We sent Moses towards Firawn (Pharaoh) and his Chiefs with Our Signs, but they did
injustice to those signs, see then how was the end of the mischief
104. And Moses said, ‘O, Firawn! I am a Messenger from the Lord of the Worlds.
105. It is my duty not to say anything about Allah but the truth. I have come to you all with sign from your Lord,
then let the children of Israel go with me.
106. He said, ‘If you have come with any Sign, then bring forth if you are truthful.
107. Then Moses cast his staff, it atonce became a serpent manifest.
108. And he drew forth his hand after putting it into his collar, then it began to shine before the beholders.
109. The Chiefs of the people of Pharaoh said, ‘this is indeed a magician knowing.’
110. He desires to turn you out from your land, what is your advice then?
111. They said, ‘put him off and his brother, and send into the city men to collect.
112. That they may bring to you every magician having knowledge.
113. And the magicians came to Pharaoh (Firawn) and said, we shall get some reward if we win.’
114. Firawn said, ‘yes’, and then you shall be near ones.
115. They said, ‘O Musa, either you throw first or we be the throwers’.
116. Musa said, ‘you throw,’ when they threw, they enchanted the eyes of the people and frightened them and
brought forth a great magic.
117. And We revealed to Musa, throw your staff, then suddenly it began to swallow their lying shows.
118. Then the truth was established and their works proved vain.
119. Then they were laid vanquished here and returned humiliated.
120. And the magicians were made to prostrate.
121. They said, ‘We believe in the Lord of the World.’
122. Who is the Lord of Musa and Haroon?
123. Firawn said, ‘you have believed in Him before I gave you leave. This is indeed a big plot which you all have
plotted in the city that you may drive forth its people therefrom; so now you shall know.’
124. I shall assuredly cut off your hands and your feet on alternate sides, and then I shall hang you all.
125. They said, ‘We are to return towards our Lord.
126. And what looked you bad of us, save this that we have believed in the signs of our Lord, when they came to
us, O our Lord pour upon us patience and cause us die as Muslims.
127. And the Chiefs of the people of Firawn said, ‘Do you leave Musa and his people for this that they may spread
mischief in the land and leave you and your gods? He said, ‘now we shall kill their sons and let live their
daughters and surely we are dominant over them.
128. Musa said to his people, ‘seek the help of Allah and have patience, no doubt, Allah is the owner of the earth.
Makes successor whomsoever He pleases of His bondmen. And the end is in the hand of the God-fearing
129. They said, ‘We were oppressed before your coming to us and since you have come to us’, He said, ‘it is near
that your Lord may destroy your foe and make you successor in the land to see then how you act.
130. And no doubt, We seized the people of Firawn with years of dearth and scarcity of fruits, haply they may
131. Then whenever, they pot good, they used to say, ‘this is for us’, and whenever evil smote them they took it as
bad omen with Musa and those with him. Behold!, their ill fortune is with Allah, but most of them do not know.
132. And they said, ‘whatever the nature of a Sign you may bring to us to enchant us therewith, we are in no way to
133. Then We sent upon them the flood, and the locusts and the lice, and the frogs and the blood – distinct signs,
then they waxed proud and they were a sinful people.
134. And whenever the torment fell upon them, they used to say, ‘O Musa, pray for us to your Lord because of that
covenant of His which is with you. No doubt, if you would remove from us the torment, we would certainly
believe in you and will send with you the children of Israel.
135. But whenever We removed the torment from them for a term to which they were to reach, they retracted.
136. We then took vengeance on them, therefore We drowned them in the river, because they belied Our Signs and
were unaware of them.
137. And We made a people who were already suppressed, inheritors of the eastern and western parts of that land
in which We put Our blessings And the gracious promise of your Lord was fulfilled for the children of Israel, the
recompense of their patience. And We destroyed whatever Firawn and his people made and what they used to
138. And We brought the children of Israel across the river, and then they came upon a people sitting devotedly
before their idols. They said, ‘O Musa, make for us a God just as they have so many gods. He said, ‘Surely you
are an ignorant people’.
139. This condition in which they are, is of destruction and whatever they are doing is fully void.
140. He said, “Shall I seek for you a God other than Allah whereas He has exalted you above all peoples.
141. And remember, when We delivered you from the people of Firawn who afflicted you with evil punishment,
slaughtering your sons and letting your daughters live. And therein was the great bounty of your Lord.
142. And We made Musa a promise of thirty nights and completed adding ten more in them, so the promise of his
Lord was completed by forty nights. And Musa said to his brother, Haroon, ‘be my vicegerent among my people
and do right and follow not the way of mischief makers.’
143. And when Musa came to Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he submitted, ‘O my Lord! Show me
Your sight that I may behold You, Said He, you shall never see me; but look towards this mountain, if it
remains standing at its place, then soon you will see Me. Then when his Lord made His light shine on the
mountain, He broke it into pieces; and Musa fell down unconscious. Then when he came to senses, he said,
hollowed be you turn towards you and I am the first of the Muslims.
144. Said Allah, ‘O Musa, I have chosen you from amongst the people by My Messages and by My word. Take then
what I have given you and be of the grateful.
145. And We wrote for him on the Tablets of everything an admonition, and details of everything, and said, ‘O
Musa, take it with firmness and bid your people to follow the best of it. Soon I shall show you the abode of the
146. And I shall turn from My Signs those who wish greatness in the earth unjustly, And even if they see all the
signs, they will not believe therein, and if they see the path of guidance, they will not like to walk in it; and if
they see the path of error, they will be ready to adopt it. This is so because they belied Our Signs and posed
147. And those who have belied Our Signs and the meeting of the Hereafter their all deeds are wasted. What they
will get in recompense but, the same which, they used to do.
148. And after Musa, his people made a calf out of their ornaments, a lifeless body, producing a lowing sound. Did
they not see that neither it talked to them and nor guided them to any way? They took it, and they were
149. And when they regretted and understood that they had strayed, they said, ‘If our Lord have not mercy upon us
and forgives us not, then we are ruined’.
150. And Musa returned to his people full of anger, peeved, he said, that ‘how badly you acted in my place after
me’? ‘Did you hasten from the Commends of your Lord’? And he threw down the tablets and began to pull his
brother (Haroon) towards him catching hold of the hair of his brother head. He said, ‘O son of my mother, the
people deemed me week and were about to kill me, so do not make the enemies laugh over me and place me
not with the unjust people’.
151. He submitted, ‘O my Lord, forgive my brother, and me and cause us to enter Your mercy and You are the most
Merciful of the merciful.
152. Undoubtedly, those who had already taken the calf for themselves, soon the wrath and disgrace of their Lord
are to reach them in the life of the world. And thus we recompense those who cast aspersions,
153. And those who committed evils and thereafter repented and accepted faith, then after that your Lord is
154. And when the anger of Musa was appeased, he took up the tablets, and in their writing there is guidance and
mercy for those who fear their Lord.
155. And Musa chose seventy men of his people for Our promised appointment, then when earthquake overtook
them, Musa submitted, ‘O my Lord, had You wished, then You would have destroyed them and me before. Will
you kill us for what our foolish ones have done’? That is not but your test, whereby you, cause astray whom
you will, and guide whom you will. You are our Protector, You forgive us and have mercy upon us, and you are
the best of the forgivers.
156. And prescribe for us in this world good and in the Hereafter, no doubt, we have returned to You. He said, ‘My
punishment, I inflict whom I will, and My mercy encompasses all things. Then soon I shall prescribe it for those
who fear God and pay the poor due and believe in Our Signs.
157. Those who will serve the Messenger, unlettered the, Communicator of hidden news when they will find with
them have written in the Taurat and Injeel. He will bid them to do good and will forbid them from doing evil,
and will make lawful for them clean things and will forbid for them unclean things, and will take off from them
that burden and shackles which were upon them. Then those who believe in him and honour him and help him
and follow that light which has been sent down with him, they are the persons who attained their objects.
158. Say you, ‘O mankind’; I am Messenger to you all from Allah to Whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and
of the earth. None is to be worshiped except He, He gives life and causes death, believe then in Allah and His
Messenger the unlettered, the Communicator of hidden news that he believes in Allah and His words; and
serve him so that you may be guided.’
159. And of the people of Musa, there is a community that tells the path of truth and does justice therewith.
160. And We divided them in twelve tribes, various communities. And We revealed to Musa, when his people asked
him for water that strike with your staff this rock, then there gushed forth from it twelve Springs. Every
community recognised its drinking place. And We made clouds as shades over them, and sent down Manna
and Salwa upon them. Eat of the clean things We provided for you, and they harmed Us not, but they harmed
their own souls.
161. And remember when it was said to them, “Dwell in this town and eat from it whatever you like, and say, ‘our
sins may be removed and enter the gate, prostrating, We shall forgive you yours sins. Soon We shall give more
to righteous ones.
162. Then the unjust of them changed the word contrary to that what was ordered to them, then We sent down
upon them torment from the heaven, the recompense of their injustice.
163. And ask them the condition of the town that was on the seashore; when they crossed the limit in the matter of
sab-bath, when on the day of Sab-bath their fish came swimming before them, and the day that was not of
Sabbath, they did not come. Thus, We used to try them on account of their dis-obedience.
164. When a group among them said, ‘Why do you admonish those whom Allah is to kill or to chastise with a severe
torment’. They said, ‘as an excuse before your Lord, and that haply they may fear’.
165. Then when they forgot what they had been admonished, We rescued those who forbade from evil, and caught
the unjust in a vile torment the recompense of their disobedience.
166. Then again when they rebelled against the Command of prohibition, We said to them, ‘be you apes, driven
167. And when your Lord proclaimed that necessarily till the Day of Resurrection, He would continue to send such
against them who would make them taste evil punishment. Undoubtedly, your Lord necessarily, is swift in
retribution, and undoubtedly. He is Forgiving, Merciful.
168. And We scattered them into communities in the earth, some of them are righteous and some of them
otherwise and We tried them with good things and evil that haply they nay return.
169. Then after them came such degenerate successors who inherited the Book. They take the goods of this world
and say, ‘now we shall be for given’. And if more goods the like of them came to them, they would take them.
Was not the covenant of the Book taken from them, that they should say nothing concerning Allah but the
truth, and they have read that? And undoubtedly, the last abode is better for the God-fearing. Have you then
170. And those who hold fast to the Book and establish prayer. We waste not the reward of the righteous.
171. And when We raised mountain over them as that is a canopy and they thought that it will fall upon them, hold
fast what We have given to you and remember what is therein, that haply you may be God-fearing.
172. And O beloved Prophet remember, when your Lord brought forth from the loin of Adam’s children their seed
and made themselves witnesses against own selves,’ ‘Am not your Lord? All said, ‘Why not we all bear witness’,
lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection, that we were not aware of it.
173. Or lest you should say, Polytheism was committed by our forefathers before, and we were their offspring! Will
you then destroy us for what was done by wrongdoers?
174. And thus We explain Our; signs variedly and in order that, they may return.
175. And O beloved Prophet! Relate to them the story of him to whom We gave Our signs then he stepped away
clearly from them, then Satan followed him and he became of the misguided.
176. And if We had willed, We would have lifted him on account of Our Signs, but he, clung to the earth and
followed his desires, then his condition is like a dog, if you attack him, he brings his tongue out and if you leave
him, he brings his tongue out. This is the condition of those who belied Our Signs. So you recount them the
admonition haply they may ponder.
177. What a bad example is of those who belied Our Signs, and they did wrong their own souls.
178. Whom so Allah guides, he is on the right path, and whom so Allah leads astray, those, they remained in loss.
179. Undoubtedly, We have created for Hell many jinn and men, they have hearts, but understand not therewith
and the eyes, they see not there with and the ears, they hear not therewith. They are like cattle, nay, more
misguided. They are indeed lying heedless.
180. And to Allah belongs all the best names, so call Him by them, and leave those who go out from truth with
regard to His names, they will soon get for what they have done.
181. And out of Our making are a community who tell the truth and do justice therewith.
182. And those who belied Our Signs, soon We shall carry them gradually towards torment whence they will know
183. And I will let loose them. Undoubtedly, My secret plan is the firmest.
184. Do they not ponder that there is no relation of insanity to their companion? He is only a warner manifests.
185. Do they not look into the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, and what things that Allah has made, and that
perhaps their term may have come night? Then in what discourse they will believe thereafter
186. Whomsoever Allah leads astray none is to guide him. And He leaves them to wander in their Contumacy.
187. They ask you concerning the Hour that when it is to come, Say you ‘the knowledge of it is only with my Lord,
He alone will disclose it at its proper time’. It is lying heavy on the heavens and earth; it shall not come upon
you but of a sudden. They ask you, as you have already investigated it well say you, ‘the knowledge of it is
only with Allah’, but most people do not know.
188. Say you, ‘I am not independent for doing good and bad to my own self, but as Allah please. And if I would
have known Unseen, then I would have gathered ample good, and no evil would have touched me, I am only a
warner and giver of glad tidings to a people who believe.
189. It is He Who created you from a single soul, and made therefrom his mate that he may find rest in her, then
when the male covered her, she bore a light burden, then carried it about, then when she grew heavy, both
prayed to their Lord, “necessarily if You would give us a child befitting, then undoubtedly, we shall be grateful.”
190. Then when He gave them a befitting child, they ascribed His associates, in respect of His bestowal but Allah is
exalted above from their polytheism.
191. Do they associate those who make nothing and they are themselves created?
192. And neither they can give any help to them, nor can they help themselves.
193. And if you call them towards guidance, they will not follow you. It is same to you whether you call them or you
194. Undoubtedly, those! Whom you worship besides Allah, are bondsmen like you, then call upon them and they
respond to you, if you are truthful.
195. Have they feet to walk with? Or have they hands to hold with? Or have they eyes to see with? Or have they
ears to hear with? Say you, ‘Call upon your associates and then try your guile on me and give me no respite’.
196. Undoubtedly, my protector is Allah Who sent down the Book and He befriends the righteous.
197. And those, whom you worship besides Him, can not help you, nor they help them selves.
198. And if you call them towards guidance, they hear not. And you see them looking at you, and they see nothing.
199. (O beloved Prophet)! Adopt forgiveness and bid to good and turn away from the Ignorant.
200. And (O listener!) if the evil-one (Satan) give you any pricking, then seek refuge of Allah. Undoubtedly, it is He
Who is Hearing, Knowing.
201. Undoubtedly, those who fear Allah, when a thought of Satan touches them, become careful, at the same time
their eyes are opened.
202. And those who are brothers of Satan, they drag them on towards error, then they relax not.
203. And (O beloved Prophet)! When you bring not to them any Sign, they say, ‘Why have you not made it yourself?
Say you, ‘I follow only what is revealed to me from my Lord; This is an eye opener from your Lord and
guidance and mercy for the Muslims.
204. And when the Quran is recited, hear it patiently and be silent so that you may have mercy.
205. And remember, your Lord within yourself, humbly and fearfully, and without uttering a voice from the tongue,
morning and evening and be not you amongst heedless.
206. Undoubtedly, those who are with your Lord wax not proud from His worship, and chant His hollowness and to
Him they prostrate. [^] (SAJDA) 1
Surah: Al-Anfâl (Spoils of War, Booty)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 75
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. (O beloved Prophet) they ask you concerning the spoils. Say you, ‘the spoils belong to Allah and the
Messenger; then fear Allah and set things right among yourselves, and obey Allah and His Messenger, if you
2. Only they are believers whose hearts tremble when Allah is mentioned, and when His Signs are recited to
them, their faith get increased and upon their Lord, they put their trust.
3. Those who establish prayer and spend something of what We have provided them.
4. It is these the true Muslims. For them are grades with their Lord and forgiveness and an honourable provision.
5. As (O beloved Prophet)! Your Lord brought you forth from your house with truth, and undoubtedly, a group of
Muslim was unhappy over it.
6. They were disputing with you about the truth after it has become clear, as if they are being driven towards
death with their eyes open.
7. And remember, when Allah promised you that in both these parties, one is for you, and you wished, that you
should have that in which there is no rankle, and Allah wished that truth be proved truth by His words and to
cut off the root of the infidels.
8. That He might establish truth as truth and falsify the false, though the guilty might dislike.
9. When you were crying for help from your Lord, then He responded to you that I am going to help you with a
series of thousand angels.
10. And Allah did this but for your pleasure and in order that your hearts might find contentment; and there is no
help but from Allah undoubtedly; Allah is Dominant, Wise.
11. When He covered you with drowsiness, it was a security from Himself, and sent down water upon you from
heaven that He might cleanse you therewith and remove from you the filth of the devil (Satan) and might give
courage to your hearts and make your steps firm therewith.
12. When (O beloved Prophet) your Lord was revealing to the angles that, ‘I am with you,’ keep ye firm the
Muslims. Soon I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels, then strike above the necks of the infidels and
strike off every finger tips of them.
13. This is because, they opposed Allah and His Messenger, and whosoever opposes Allah and His Messenger, then
undoubtedly, and severe is the torment of Allah.
14. This tastes it then and knows that for the infidels is the torment of the Fire.
15. ‘O believers! When you encounter the infidels in the battlefield, turn not your backs to them.
16. And whosoever will turn his back to them that day, but for practising the art of war or for the sake of joining
his company, then he returns in the wrath of Allah and his abode is Hell, and what an evil place is to return to.
17. Therefore you did not slay them, but Allah slew them. And O beloved Prophet! The dust that you did throw,
you did not throw, but Allah threw, and in order that He might confer on the Muslim a better reward than it.
Undoubtedly, Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
18. This, take it and with it is this that Allah is the weakener of the plot of the infidels.
19. ‘O infidels! If you demand judgement, then this judgement has indeed come to you, And if you desist, it is
better for you, but if you again make mischief, then We shall again punish you, and your party shall avail you
not, however, numerous it be and with it is this that Allah is with the muslims.
20. ‘O believers! Obey Allah ‘ and His Messenger, and turn not away from him after hearing him.
21. And be not like those who say, ‘We hear, and they hear not.
22. Undoubtedly, the worst of animals in the sight of Allah are those who are the deaf and dumb who have no
23. And if Allah had known any good in them, He would have caused them to listen. And if He had made them
hear, even then in the end, they would have turned away, turning their faces.
24. ‘O believers! Respond to the calling of Allah and Messenger, when the Messenger calls you for a thing that will
give you life; and know that Allah’s command comes between man and his heart’s desire and this that you are
to be raised towards Him.
25. And remain fearing that calamity which will never fall exclusively upon those among you who do wrong. And
know that severe is the torment of Allah.
26. And remember, when you were few down trodden in the land, and were fearful, lest the people should snatch
you away, then He gave you shelter, and strengthened you with His help, and provide you with good things,
that haply you might be thankful.
27. ‘O believers! Betray not Allah and Messenger and nor commit defalcation in your trusts knowingly.
28. And know that your wealth and your children are all a trial, and with Allah is the great reward.
29. ‘O believers! If you will fear Allah, He will grant you that by which you may be able to distinguish between right
and wrong and will remove off your evils and will forgive you. And Allah is owner of great Grace.
30. And (O beloved Prophet)! Remember, when the infidels were plotting against you, to confine you or to slay you
or to drive you forth. And they were plotting their own and Allah was devising His Own and Allah’s devise is the
31. And when Our verses are recited to them, then they say, ‘yes, we have heard’, if we wished, we could certainly
utter the like of this. It is not, but the stories of the ancients.
32. And when they said, ‘O Allah, if this Quran indeed be the truth from You then rain down upon us stones from
heaven or bring down upon us! Any painful chastisement.
33. And Allah is not one to chastise them, till (‘O beloved Prophet) you are in their midst. And Allah is not to
chastise them, whilst they are begging forgiveness.
34. And what have they that Allah should not chastise them, when they are hindering from the sacred mosque, and
they are not its guardian. Its guardians are the pious ones only, but most of them know not.
35. And their prayer at the Holy House is nothing but whistling and clapping. Then taste the torment now, the
recompense of their infidelity.
36. Undoubtedly, the infidels spend their wealth to prevent from the path of Allah, they will spend it now, then
again they will regret on it, then will be overpowered. The infidels shall be gathered towards hell.
37. In order that Allah may separate the impure from the pure, and putting the impure one upon the other, all
piling them together cast them into the hell it is they who are the losers.
38. Say you to the infidels, if they now desist, that which is past will be forgiven. But if they repeat the same then
the precedence of the former people has already gone.
39. And fight them on till there remains not any mischief and the entire religion be only of Allah; then if they desist,
then Allah is seeing their deeds.
40. And if they turn back then know that Allah is your Protector, what an excellent Protector and what an excellent
41. And know that whatever spoil of war take, then one fifth of it belongs exclusively to Allah and to the
Messenger, and to the kindred and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, if you have believed in Allah
and what We sent down upon Our bondman on the Day of Decision the day when the two armies met. And
Allah can do everything.
42. When you were on the hither side of the valley and the infidels on the yonder side, and the Caravan was below
you (On the Coast Plain), and if you would have made any mutual promise, surely you would not have reached
on appointed time, but this has happened in order that Allah might fulfil the work which is to be done; so that
whoever was to perish might perish with proof; and whoever was to survive might survive with proof. And
undoubtedly, Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
43. When (O’ Beloved Prophet) Allah showed the infidels few to you in your dream. And (O’ Muslims) if He had
shown them numerous then, certainly you would have shown timidity and would have quarrelled about the
matter, but Allah saved you Undoubtedly, He knows the thoughts in the breasts.
44. And when at the time of encounter, the infidels were shown to you as few, and made you appear few in their
eyes, so that Allah might fulfil the work which, is to be done. And towards ‘Allah is the return of all affairs.
45. ‘O believers! When you encounter any army, then stand firm, and remember Allah much, that you may attain
46. And obey Allah and His Messenger, and dispute not with one another, otherwise you will show timidity, and
your tied strength will depart from you and be patient. Verily Allah is with the patient.
47. And be not like those who came out of their homes, boastfully and to be seen of men, and barring from Allah’s
way. All their works are under the Control of Allah.
48. And when the devil (Shaitan) decked their work fair in their sight, and said, ‘No man is to prevail against you
today, and you are under my protection’. Then when both armies came in front of each other, he ran upon his
heels and said ‘I am quit of you, I see what you see not, I fear Allah’ and severe is the torment of Allah.
49. When the hypocrites and those in whose hearts there is disease used to say these, muslims are proud of their
religion’. And whosoever relies upon Allah, then undoubtedly, Allah is Dominant, Wise.
50. And if you could see, when the Angels take away the souls of the infidels, they, are smiting their faces and.
their backs, and taste the torment of burning.
51. This is in recompense of what your hands have sent on ‘ before and Allah is not unjust unto His bondmen.
52. In the manner of people of Firawn (Pharaoh) and those before them they disbelieved in the signs of Allah, then
Allah seized them for their sins. Undoubtedly Allah is Strong, Severe in torment
53. This is so because Allah does not change the favour that He has conferred upon a people, until they change
themselves; and verily Allah Hears, Knows.
54. In the manner of the people of Firawn (Pharaoh) and those before them. They, belied the signs of their Lord
then We destroyed them for their sins, and We drowned the people of Firawn, and they were all unjust.
55. Undoubtedly, the worst of beasts in the Sight of Allah, are those who committed infidelity and would not
56. Those with whom you had entered into a covenant, then they break their covenant every time and do not fear.
57. Therefore, if you find them anywhere in war, kill them in such a manner that their remaining ones may be put
to flight. Haply they may be admonished.
58. If you fear treachery from any people, throw back to them their covenant on equal basis Undoubtedly, the
treacherous are not liked by Allah.
59. And let the infidels never boast that they have gone out of hand. Undoubtedly, they cannot frustrate.
60. And keep ready for them the strength as you can, and as many of horses as you can, whereby you may put
terror in the hearts of those who are enemies of Allah and of yours and in the hearts of some others, besides
them whom you know not; Allah Knows them. And whatever you will spend in the path of Allah, shall be repaid
to you in full and in no way you will be in loss.
61. And if they incline towards peace, then incline you also and put trust in Allah. Undoubtedly, He is the One
62. If they intend to deceive you, then Allah is sufficient for you. He it is Who gave, strength to you with His help
and with Muslims.
63. And He put affection in their hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth you could not have put affection in
their hearts but Allah have united their hearts. Undoubtedly! It is He, Dominant, Wise.
64. ‘O Prophet! The communicator of the hidden news! Allah suffices you and all these Muslims who followed you.
65. ‘O Communicator of the hidden news! Urge the Muslims to wage holy war. If there will be twenty of you
patient, they will overcome two hundred, and there be hundred of you, they will overcome a thousand infidels,
because they do not understand.
66. Now Allah has lightened your burden, and He knows that you are weak. Then if there be a hundred of you
patient, they shall overcome two hundred; and if there he a thousand of you, they shall overcome two
thousand by the command of Allah. And Allah is with the patient.
67. It is not befitting to any Prophet that he should make captive to infidels, until he has immensely shed their
blood in the land. You desire the goods of the world; and Allah desires the Here after. And Allah is Dominant,
68. If Allah would not have written a thing before, then O Muslims! A great torment would have come to you for
what you took as ransom from the infidels.
69. Then eat of what you have obtained as spoil of war, lawful and pure, and remain fearing Allah. Verily Allah is ‘
70. ‘O Communicator of the hidden news (Prophet) say to the prisoners in your hands, ‘If Allah will find any good
in your hearts, then He will give you better than what has been; taken from you and will forgive you’ And Allah
is Forgiving, Merciful.
71. And ‘O beloved Prophet! If they will intend to be treacherous to you, then they have already dealt
treacherously with Allah before; therefore He gave so many under your control. And Allah is. Knowing, Wise.
72. Undoubtedly, those who believed and left their hearth and homes for Allah and fought with their wealth and
their lives in the way of Allah, and those who gave shelter and helped they are heirs one of another. And those
who believed and did not emigrate, you have no duty to their inheritance unless they emigrate, if they seek
help from you in the matter of the religion, then it is obligatory upon you to help them, but against a people
between whom and you there is an agreement. And Allah is seeing your doing.
73. And the infidels are heirs one of another. If you will not do such, then there shall be in the land mischief and
74. And those who believed and emigrated and fought in the way of Allah and those who gave shelter and helped
they are true believers. For them is forgiveness and honourable provision.
75. And those who believed afterwards and emigrated and waged the holy war with you, they also are of you. And
the blood relations are nearer to one another in the Book of Allah. Undoubtedly Allah knows all things.
Surah Number 9: At-Taubah (Repentance, Dispensation)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 129
1. This is declaration of disassociation from Allah and His Messenger to those idolaters with whom you had
entered into a contract and they did not keep it.
2. Then go about in the land for four months and know that you can not tire Allah and Allah is to humiliate the
3. And there is proclamation from Allah and His Messenger to all People on the day of Great Pilgrimage that Allah
is rid of the polytheists and so His Messenger, if you then repent it is then good for you, and if you turn you’
face then know that you cannot tire Allah. And give good tidings to infidels of a painful torment.
4. But those associators with whom you had covenanted they did not detract anything in your Contract, and did
not help any one against you then fulfil their covenant till the promised day. Undoubtedly, Allah loves the pious
5. Then when the sacred months have passed, slay the associators wherever you find them and catch them, and
confine them and sit in wait for them at every place; again if they repent and establish prayer and give the
poor-due then leave their way. Verily Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. And ‘O beloved Prophet’. If any of the associators ask your protection, then give him protection that he may
hear the word of Allah then convey him to his place of security. This is because they are the people ignorant.
7. How there shall be any covenant for the associators with Allah and His Messenger but those with whom you
covenanted near the Sacred Mosque! Then as long as they keep their covenant for you, you should also stand
for them. Undoubtedly, Allah loves the pious ones.
8. How (Can it be) their condition is this that if they prevail against you, then neither they would care for
relationship nor for agreement. They please you with their mouths, and their hearts refuse, and most of them
9. They have sold the Signs of Allah for a meagre price, and then they barred from His path. Undoubtedly, they
do evil deeds.
10. They neither have regard of relationship or agreement in any Muslim. And they are the transgressors.
11. Again if they repent and establish prayer and pay the poor-due (Zakat) then they are your brothers, in faith.
And We explain the signs in detail for a people who know.
12. If they break their oaths after their covenant, and taunt at your religion, then fight with the leaders of infidelity.
Undoubtedly, their oaths are nothing. Haply they may desist.
13. Will you not fight with a people who have broken their oaths and resolved to turn out the Messenger, although
the beginning is from them? Do you fear them? Linen Allah is Most Worthy that you should fear Him if you
14. Then fight them, Allah will torment them at your hands and will humiliate them and will help you against them,
and will heal the breasts of the believers.
15. And will remove the anger of their hearts, and Allah relent of whomsoever He pleases, and Allah is Knowing,
16. Are you in this conception that you would be left alone, and Allah has not yet made known those of you who
will struggle and will not take any one as a confident except Allah and His Messenger and the muslims. Allah is
Aware of what you do?
17. It is not for the associators that they should inhabit the mosque of Allah, bearing witnesses of infidelity against
themselves. Their entire works are destroyed, and they shall abide in the Fire.
18. They only inhabit the mosques of Allah who believe in Allah and the Last Day and establish prayer and pay the
poor-due (Zakat) and fear none but Allah, therefore it is near that these people may be among the guided
19. Then do you hold the offering of water to the pilgrims and service of the Sacred Mosque equal to one who
believed in Allah and the Last Day and struggled in the path of Allah? They are not equal in the sight of Allah,
And Allah guides not the unjust people.
20. Those who believed and emigrated and fought with their wealth and lives in the path of Allah have the highest
rank near Allah. And they are they who reached to their goal.
21. Their Lord does give them glad tidings of His Mercy and of His Pleasure and of those gardens wherein there is
lasting bliss for them.
22. They will abide there in forever. Undoubtedly, there is great reward with Allah.
23. ‘O Believers! Take not your fathers and brothers for friends, if they prefer infidelity over faith. And who so of
you will be-friend them, then they are they who are unjust.
24. Say you ‘If your fathers, and your sons and your brothers and your wives and your clan and the wealth of your
earning and the trade of which you fear loss and the houses of your choice, these things are dearer to you
than Allah and His Messenger and the struggling in His path, then wait till Allah brings His Command. And Allah
guides not the disobedients.
25. Undoubtedly, Allah did help you at many places and on the day of Hunain when you had boasted on your
multitude, it availed you nothing, and the land being so vast, became straitened to you, then you turned your
26. Then Allah sent down His Calm upon His Messenger and upon Muslims, and He sent down the hosts that you
did not see and chastised the infidels. And this is the punishment of the rejecters.
27. Thereafter Allah will relent whom He pleases. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
28. ‘O believers! The associators are altogether unclean, then let them not approach the sacred Mosque after this
year. And if you fear poverty, then soon Allah shall enrich you of His bounty if He pleases. Verily, Allah is
29. Fight those who believe not in Allah, and in the Last Day, and accept not as unlawful what Allah and His
messenger made unlawful, and follow not the true faith that is to say those who were Coven the Book until
they pay the required tax with their own hands being brought low.
30. And the Jews, said, “Uzair is the son of Allah” and the Christians said ‘Masih (Christ) is the son of Allah’ These
things, they utter with their mouths. They imitate the sayings of the infidels before them. Allah assail them,
whither they are perverting?
31. They have taken their priests and monks as gods besides Allah and also Masih son of Maryam; and they were
Commanded not but this that that they worship only one Allah; none is to be worshipped except He. Hallowed
be He from their polytheism.
32. They wish to put off the light of Allah with their mouths and Allah will not agree but to perfect His light, though
the infidels may dislike it.
33. It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and true religion that He may make it prevail over all
religions, though the infidels may dislike it.
34. ‘O believers! Verily many of the priests and monks devour the wealth of the people wrongfully and bar from the
path of Allah. And those who hoard up gold and silver and spend not in the path of Allah give them the good
tidings of a painful torment.
35. The day when they shall be heated in the fire of the Hell, then their foreheads and sides and backs shall be
branded therewith. This is what you had hoarded for yourselves, now taste the hoarding.
36. Undoubtedly, the number of months with Allah is twelve in the Book of Allah since the day He made the
Heavens and Earth four of them are sacred. This is the right religion, then wrong not yourselves in these
months, and fight the infidels at all times, as they fight with you, all times And know that Allah is with the pious
37. Their postponement of the months are not but an increase in infidelity, with which the infidels are misguided,
they make it lawful one year and hold it unlawful another year, that they may make up the number which Allah
has sanctified, and make lawful what Allah has forbidden. Their vile deeds seem fair in their eyes and Allah
guides not the infidel
38. ‘O Believers! What happened to you, that when it is said to you, ‘Go forth in the way of Allah, you sit down on
the earth heavily’? Have you chosen the life of this work in preference to the Hereafter? And the goods of the
living worlds in comparison with that of the Hereafter is nothing but little.
39. If you will not march forth, He will punish you with a severe punishment and will replace you by another
people, and you can do no harm to Him. And Allah can do every thing
40. If you help him (The beloved Prophet) not, then no doubt, Allah helped him, when on account of the mischief
of the infidels, he was to go out with only two souls, when they both were in the Cave, and when he said to his
companion ‘Grieve not, no doubt Allah is with us’, then Allah sent down His satisfaction on him, and helped him
with armies which you did not see, and put down the words of the infidels. It is the word of Allah, alone which
is supreme, and Allah is Dominant, Wise.
41. March forth with light soul, or with heavy heart and struggle in the way of Allah with your wealth and lives. It is
better for you, if you know.
42. If there had been any near gain, or an average journey, then they would have certainly gone with you, but the
hard journey seemed too long to them, and now they will swear by Allah, that if we had been able, then we
would have surely gone with you. They ruin their souls, and Allah knows that undoubtedly, they are necessarily
43. Allah forgive you, why did you then permit them, till the true one had not become manifest to you and the liars
had not become clear?
44. And those who would believe in Allah and the Last Day would not ask leave of you from struggling with their
wealth and their lives. And Allah knows well the duty-bound.
45. Those only ask you this leave who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day and their hearts are in doubts, then
in their doubts they waver.
46. Had they willed to go forth, they would have made some preparation for it; but God disliked their rousing, so
He made them lethargic, and it was said to them ‘remain sitting with those who sit’.
47. If they would have come out among you, they would have added you nothing except trouble and would have
run to and from in your midst seeking to cause sedition among you, and there are among you, their spies. And
Allah Knows well the unjust.
48. No doubt, they already sought to create disorder before, and turned the plans upside down for you O’ Beloved!
Till the truth came and Allah’s command appeared.
49. And any one among them submits before you like this, ‘Give me leave, and put me not in trial’, Listen, they
have already fallen into trial. And undoubtedly, the hell has surrounded the infidels.
50. If good befalls you, then it hurts them, and if any misfortune comes to you, then they say ‘We had already set
right our works before, and turn back rejoicing.
51. Say you ‘nothing shall reach us, but what Allah has ordained for us. He is our Protector, and the Muslims
should keep trust in Allah only.
52. Say you, ‘What you are waiting for us but one of the two goods’ ? And we are waiting for you that Allah shall
afflict you with a torment from Himself, or with our hands. Now wait then, we are also waiting with you’.
53. Say you, ‘Spend willingly or unwillingly, it shall not be accepted from you. No doubt, you are a people
54. And what they spend. Its acceptance was not barred. But because they rejected Allah and His Messenger and
come not to prayers but lazily, and spend not but unwillingly
55. Then let not their wealth and their children astonish you. Allah only intends to punish them with these things in
the life of the world and that their souls may depart while they are infidels.
56. They swear by Allah that they are from amongst you and they are not from amongst you, yes they are afraid.
57. If they find a place of refuge, or cave or a place to creep into, they will turn there to rushing headlong.
58. And of them, some one is he who blames you with regard to the distribution of charities, then if they get some
thing of these, they are pleased, and if they get not, then they are angry.
59. What a good it had been, if they would have been pleased with what Allah and His Messenger had given them
and would have said ‘Sufficient for us is Allah’, Now Allah is to give us of His Bounty, and so the Messenger of
Allah. To Allah only we lean.
60. The poor-due (Zakat) is only for those who are poor and needy and those who collect it, and for those whose
hearts are to be conciliated for Islam, and for the freeing of slaves, and for debtors, and for spending in the
way of Allah and for the traveller. This has been ordained by Allah. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
61. And of them some are those who hurt the Prophet and say, ‘He is an ear, say ‘He is an ear for good of you,
believes in Allah and believes the words of Muslims, and is a mercy for those who are Muslims among you.’ And
those who hurt the Messenger, for them is the painful torment.
62. They swear by Allah before you may be pleased and Allah and His Messenger had greater right, that they
should please him, if they had faith.
63. Are they not aware that whoso opposes Allah and His Messengers then for him is the fire of the Hell in which
he will abide for ever? This is the great humiliation
64. The hypocrites fear lest a Surah (Chapter) should be sent down to them informing them, what is in their
hearts. Say you ‘Mock on, truly Allah is about to reveal what you fear.’
65. And O’ beloved Prophet! If you ask to them, they will say ‘We were only jesting and playing’. Say you; ‘Do you
mock at Allah and His signs and His Messengers?’
66. Make no excuses, you have already become disbeliveers after being muslims. If We forgive some one of you,
then We shall chastise others because they were guilty.
67. The hypocrites’ men and women are the birds of the same feather; they bid evil and forbid from doing good,
and (they) keep their hands closed. They have left Allah then Allah has left them. No doubt the hypocrites are
the confirmed disobedients.
68. Allah has promised the hypocrites men and hypocrites’ women and infidels, the fire of the Hell, wherein they
will abide forever. That is sufficient for them, and the curse of Allah is upon them, and for them is the lasting
69. As those before you, they were mightier than you in strength, and more abundant in wealth and children. They
enjoyed their share then you enjoy your share just as those before you enjoyed their share, and you indulged
ingesting just as they indulged. Their works are wasted in the world and the Hereafter, and they are the people
who are losers.
70. Have they not received the news of those before them the people of Nooh, and Aad and Thamud, and the
people of Ibrahim, and the men of Madian and the overthrown towns? Their Messengers had brought to them
bright evidences; then it was not befitting to Allah that He might have wronged them, but they were
themselves unjust to their souls.
71. And the Muslim men and women are friends to one another, bid for good and forbid evil and establish prayer
and pay the poor-due (Zakat) and obey Allah and His Messenger. These are they on whom soon Allah will have
mercy. Undoubtedly Allah is, Dominant, Wise.
72. Allah has promised to Muslim men and Muslim women Gardens under which rivers flow, wherein they shall
reside forever and clean houses in the inhabitable gardens. And the pleasure of Allah is the greatest. This is the
achievement of the greater Goal.
73. ‘O Communicator of the hidden news, (Prophet) fight against the infidels and the hypocrites and be strict to
them Their destination is Hell and what an evil place of return.
74. They swear by Allah that they said it not, and no doubt, necessarily they uttered the word of infidelity and
became infidels after accepting Islam and they had desired that Which they could not get; and what they felt
bad, only this that Allah and His Messenger has enriched them out of His grace; then if they repent, it is good
for them, and if they turn their faces then Allah will chastise them with a severe torment in the world and the
Hereafter and on the earth they shall have neither any supporter nor any helper.
75. And of them, there are some who had covenanted with Allah that if He will give us out of His grace then we
shall surely give in charity and we shall surely become good men.
76. Then when Allah gave them out of His grace, they became niggardly of it and turned away turning their faces.
77. Therefore after it Allah put hypocrisy in their hearts, until the Day they meet Him -the recompense of that they
acted against what they had promised to Allah and the recompense of that they used to lie.
78. Are they not aware that Allah Knows the secrets of their hearts and their whisper and Allah is the well Knower
of all hidden things?
79. Those who blame those muslims who give charity willingly and those who get not but with their hard labour, so
they laugh at them. Allah will punish them for their laughing and for them is the painful.
80. Ask you forgiveness for them or ask not. If you will ask forgiveness for them seventy times, Allah will never
forgive them. This is because that they have rejected Allah and His Messenger. And Allah guides not the
81. Those who were left behind delighted at this that they remained sitting behind the Messenger and they did not
like that they may fight in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives and said Come not out in this treat’ say
you ‘the fire of the Hell is the hottest! In any manner they would have understood!
82. Let them laugh little and weep much, in recompense what they used to earn.
83. Then if, O beloved Prophet! Allah returns you to a party of them, and they ask you leave to go forth to fight,
then say you ‘Never shall you march forth with me, nor ever fight with any enemy of me. You chose to sit at
home the first time, then remain sitting with those who remained behind.’
84. And pray you never over any of their dead, and not stand over his grave. No doubt, they rejected Allah and His
Messenger and died while they were disobedient.
85. Be not astonished over their wealth and children Allah only intends to punish them there with in this world, and
that they part with their souls while they are infidels.
86. And when any Sura (Chapter) is sent down, that believe in Allah and fight with His Messenger, then the men of
capability among them ask leave of you and say ‘Leave us to remain with those who sit behind’.
87. They like that they should remain with the women left behind, and their hearts are sealed up, so that they
88. But the Messenger and those who believed with him, fought with their wealth and lives. And it is they for
whom are goods, and it is they who reached to their goal.
89. Allah has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow; they shall abide forever therein. This is the
attainment of supreme object
90. And there came excuse seekers from the villagers in order that leave may be given to them, and those who lied
to Allah and His Messenger sat behind. Soon a painful torment shall befall to the infidels of them.
91. There is not any fault on the weak, and on the sick and nor on those who are not capable to spend, when they
are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no way against the good-doers. And Allah is Forgiving,
92. Nor on those who came to you that you may provide carriage to them, you said have nothing whereon to
mount you’ so they return back and their eyes overflow with tears because of this grief that they could not find
the ability to spend.
93. The accountability is only of those who ask leave of you and they are rich. They liked to sit behind with the
women and Allah has sealed up their hearts; so they know nothing.
94. They will make excuses to you when you will return to them. Say you, ‘make no ‘ excuses, we will never
believe you, Allah has already given your news to us. And now Allah and His messenger will see your works
then you will be returned to Him Who knows all unseen and visible, He will tell you what you used to do.
95. Now they will swear by Allah before you, when you will return back to them in order that you may not mind of
them, then yes, mind them not. They are wholly filthy and their destination is Hell a recompense what they
used to earn.
96. They swear before you that you may be pleased with them. But if you are pleased with them, then no doubt,
Allah will not be pleased with a people dis-obedient.
97. They villagers are more stubborn in infidelity and hypocrisy and they are only worthy of this that they remain
ignorant of the commands which, Allah has sent down upon His messenger. And Allah is knowing, Wise.
98. And among the villagers some are those who regard hat they spend in the way of Allah as fine, and remain
waiting of misfortunes coming to you. On them is the evil turn. And Allah Hears. Knows.
99. And among the villagers some are those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and regard what they spend as
‘ approaches to Allah and means of taking blessings of the messenger. Yes, that is the means of nearness for
them to enter into His mercy. Undoubtedly! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful,
100. And the first and foremost emigrants and helpers and those who followed them with good. Allah is pleased
with them and they are pleased with Allah and for them, He has prepared gardens under which rivers flow.
This is the great success.
101. And some villagers around you are hypocrites and some of the dwellers of Madina too, hypocrisy has become
their habit. You know them not. We know them. We will soon torment them twice. Then they will be resumed
to a great torment.
102. And there are some others who acknowledge their sins and mixed up a good deed with another evil. It is near
that Allah may accept their repentance. No doubt Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
103. ‘O beloved prophet! Realise the poor-due (Zakat) out of their wealth. to purify them and cleanse them
therewith and pray good for them. No doubt. your prayer is solace for their hearts. And Allah Hears. Knows.
104. Are they not aware that only Allah accepts the repentance of His bondmen and takes the charities in His
authoritative Hand Himself, and that it is Allah Who is the Relenting. The Merciful.
105. And say you. ‘work on, now Allah will behold your work and so His messenger and the muslims. And you will
soon be returned to Him Who knows all unseen and visible. Then He will inform you what you used to do.
106. And some other have been deferred to Allah’s commandment. Whether He may torment them or may accept
their repentance. And Allah is Knowing Wise
107. And those who have built a mosque in order to injure and because of infidelity and to cause dissension among
muslims and as an ambush for him who is already against Allah and His messenger from before. And they will
surely swear that we desired only good. And Allah bears witness that they are certainly liars.
108. You stand never in that mosque. No doubt the mosque whose foundation has been laid on righteousness from
the very first day is worthy that you may stand therein. There in are those who desire to be well purified and
Allah loves the pure.
109. Then is he who laid foundation upon the fear of Allah and His pleasure better or he who laid his foundation on
the brink of a falling pit, then he fell with it in the fire of the Hell? And Allah does not give way to the people
110. The building, which they have built, will continue to waver in their hearts unless their hearts may cut into
pieces. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
111. No doubt. Allah has purchased from the muslims their lives and their belongings against this return, that for
them is Paradise, they fight in the way of Allah, then they kill and are killed; true promise on His generous
responsibility in the Taurah and the Injeel and the Quran. And who is, true to his words than Allah’? Rejoice
then in your trade ‘ which you have done with Him And it is this which is, the great triumph.
112. Those who repent, those who worship, those who praise, those who fast, those who bow, those who prostrate,
those who tell good and forbid evil and those who watch the limits of Allah. And give you glad tidings to
113. It is not worthy for the prophet and the believers to ask forgiveness for the associators, even though they are
relatives, after it has been made clear to them that they are men of Hell.
114. And Abraham’s asking forgiveness for his father was not but on account a promise, he had made to Him But
when it was made clear to him that he is an enemy of Allah, he dis-associated him self from him No doubt,
Abraham is a most lament, clement.
115. And it is not the attribute of Allah that He should lead astray any people after He has guided them. Until He
makes clear to them as to what they have to guard against. Undoubtedly, Allah knows every thing.
116. Assuredly! It is Allah for Whom is the Kingdom of heavens and earth. He gives life and causes death. And you
had no protector nor helper beside Allah.
117. No doubt, blessings of Allah turned towards the Communicator of the hidden news (prophet) and those
emigrants and helpers who sided with him in the hour of hardship. After it that the hearts of some of them
were nearly to be swerved aside. Then He turned towards them with blessing. Undoubtedly. To them He is
Most Kind. Merciful.
118. And to the three who were left behind, so much so that the earth being so vast became strait to them, and
they became tired of their own lives, and they believed that there is no refuge from Allah but with Him. Then,
He accepted their repentance that they might remain repenting. Undoubtedly, it is Allah Who is Relenting, the
119. ‘O believers! Fear Allah and be with the truthful.
120. It was not proper for the inhabitants of Madina and the villagers around them to remain sitting behind the
messenger of Allah, nor that they should consider their own lives more dear than his life. This is so because
whatever they face as thirst or distress or hunger in the way of Allah, and wherever they tread a place which
enrages the infidels for all these things, good deed is written for them. Assuredly Allah wastes not the reward
of the good.
121. And whatever they spend, small or great and the valley they cross, all is written for them so that Allah may
recompense them for their best deeds.
122. And it is not possible for Muslims that all should come out. Then why should not a party from each group
should come out that they may gain understanding of religion and warn their people after coming back to
them, haply they may guard themselves.
123. ‘O believers’ fight the infidels who are close to you, and let them find in you harshness and know that Allah is
with the duty-bound.
124. Whenever a Sura is sent down. Then anyone of them begins to say, ‘Which of you has this increased in faith?
Then as for those who believe, it has increased them in faith. And they are rejoicing.
125. And as for those in whose hearts there is disease, it has increased them in filthiness upon filthiness and they
died while they are infidels.
126. Do they not observe that? They are being tried every year once or twice. Even then neither they repent nor
127. And whenever any Sura is sent down, they begin to look at on each other. Whether any one watches you?
Then they turn away. Allah has turned away their hearts, because they are a people who do not understand.
128. Assuredly there has come to you a messenger from among yourselves, heavy upon him is your suffering;
ardently desirous of your welfare, and to Muslims is most Kind and Merciful.
129. If then they turn their faces, then say you, ‘Allah is sufficient for me, none is to be worshiped except He. I put
my trust in Him, and He is the ‘Lord of Supreme Throne.’
Surah Number 10: Yûnus (The Prophet Yûnus)
Revealed at: Madinah
Total Verses: 109
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam-Ra. These are the verses of the Book of wisdom.
2. Have the people wondered that We sent down revelation to a man among them, warn the people, and give
glad tiding to the believers, that they have the position of truth with their Lord? The infidels said, ‘This is a
3. No doubt, your Lord is Allah Who made the heavens and earth in six days, then seated Himself on the Throne
befitting to His Dignity, He plans the work. No intercessor is there but after His leave. This is Allah your Lord,
then worship Him. Do you then not ponder?
4. To Him you all are to return. The promise of Allah is true. No doubt, He creates for the first time, then He shall
reproduce it after destruction, so that He may give the reward of justice to those who believed and did good
deeds. And for the infidels the boiling drink and painful torment, the recompense of their infidelity
5. It is He who has made the sun shining, and the moon glittering, and appointed for it stages, so that you may
know the number of years and calculation. Allah has not created that, but in truth. He explains fully the signs
for the people of knowledge.
6. No doubt the coming of night and day alternately and whatever Allah has produced in the heavens and earth,
therein are the signs for those who fear.
7. No doubt, those who hope not to meet Us and are well pleased with the life of the world and are contented
with it, and those who are neglectful of Our signs.
8. Their abode is Hell’-the recompense of their earnings.
9. No doubt, who believed and did good deeds, their Lord will guide them on account of their faith; beneath them
rivers will be flowing in the gardens of delight.
10. Their prayer therein shall be this, ‘Sanctity to you, O Allah, and the opening word at the time of their greeting
is ‘peace’ and the end of their prayer is, ‘all praise be to Allah, Who is the Lord of entire worlds.
11. And if Allah would have hasten evil to people as they hasten for the good, then their promised term would have
already been completed. Therefore, We leave those who hope not to meet Us That they wander in their
12. And when trouble touches man, he calls Us lying down and sitting down and standing up: then when We
remove his ‘ trouble, he passes on as if he never called Us at the time of any trouble touching him Thus it has
been made fair seeming to the extravagants their deeds.
13. No doubt, We ruined generations before you, when they crossed the limit, and their messengers came to them
with bright evidences. And they were not such as to believe. Thus, We recompense the guilty.
14. Then We made you to succeed after them, that We may see how you act.
15. And when Our clear signs are recited unto them, then those who hope not to meet Us begin to say, ‘bring a
Quran other than this, or alter it. Say you, ‘it is not for me to change it on my own accord. I only follow, what
is revealed to me if I disobey my Lord, then I fear the torment of the great Day.
16. Say you. ‘If Allah had willed, then I would have not recited it to you. Nor would He have made it known to you;
then I have already passed a portion of my life amongst you before it. Have you then no wisdom?’
17. Then who is more unjust than one who forges lie against Allah or belies His signs? Undoubtedly. The guilty will
have no good.
18. And they worship besides Allah that which neither harms them nor does any good and say, ‘these are our
intercessors with Allah’. Say you, ‘Do you tell to Allah the thing which is not in His Knowledge either in heavens
or on earth. Holy is He and exalted is He from their association.
19. And the people were only one nation, then differed. And if a word from your Lord has not occurred before,
then their differences would have been decided between them.
20. And they say, ‘why has not a sign been sent down to them from their Lord? Say you, ‘the hidden is for Allah,
now wait, I am also waiting with you.’
21. And We make the men to taste mercy after any trouble had touched them, forthwith they begin to play trick
with Our signs. Say you; ‘the secret planning of Allah is swiftest.’ No doubt, Our angels are writing your
22. It is He Who conveys you on the land and sea, Until when you are in the ship and they sail with them with a
fair breeze and they rejoiced there at, there came upon them a hurricane wind and the waves from every side
overtook them. And they thought that they were encircled, then at that time, they call Allah being purely His
bondmen, that if You would save us from this, we shall then surely be thankful.
23. Then when Allah saves them, they forthwith begin to commit excesses in the land wrongfully. O people! Your
excesses are only against your own selves, enjoy it till your living in the world, then you are to return towards
Us, at that time We will inform you what you used to do.
24. The example of the life of the world is like that water which, We have sent down from the sky, on account of
which the vegetation of earth came out in abundance of which men and cattle eat, till, when the earth took on
its ornament and was fully adorned, and its owners thought that it is under their authority; there came upon it
Our command by night or by day, then We made it mown down as if it had not existed yesterday. Thus, We
explain fully Our signs for a people who reflect.
25. And Allah calls towards the home of peace. And guides whomsoever He will to the straight path.
26. For the good-doers there is good and even more than that. And neither darkness nor insult will cover their
faces. It is they who are the inhabitants of Paradise and they will abide therein for ever.
27. And those who earned evils, then the recompense of the evil is the like of it, and insult will cover them. There
will be none to defend them against Allah; as if their faces have been covered by patches of the dark night. It
is they who are the people of the Hell, they will abide therein for ever.
28. And the Day when We shall raise all of them together, then will say to the polytheists, ‘remain at your places,
you and your associates; then We shall separate them from the Muslims, and their associates will say to them,
‘when you used to worship us’.
29. Then Allah is sufficient as witness between you and us, that we were not aware of your worship.
30. Here every soul will test what it sent before, and they shall be resumed to Allah, who is their true Master, and
their all fabrications shall be lost from them.
31. Say you, ‘who provides you from the heaven and the earth: or who is the master of ear and eyes: and who
brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living and who plans all affairs? They will
then now say, ‘Allah then say you, ‘why do not you fear then?’
32. This then is Allah. Your true Lord. What remains then after the truth but erring then where are you turning
33. Thus, the word of your Lord is proved against the transgressors, that they will not believe.
34. Say you, ‘Is there any of your associates who originate creation, then reproduce after destruction. Say you,
‘Allah originates, then He will reproduce after destruction,’ then where are you turning away blindly
35. Say you, ‘Is there any of your associates that may guide to the truth? Say you, ‘Allah guides to the truth.’ Then
should He Who guides to the truth be followed; or he who himself finds not the guidance unless is guided?
Then what happened to you? How do you judge?
36. And most of them follow not but conjecture. Undoubtedly, conjecture avails not against truth. No doubt, Allah
knows their works.
37. And this is not the attribute of this Quran, that any one might fabricate it without being sent down by Allah,
Yes it is a confirmation of the former Books and is the detail explanation of what is written in the Table, there
is no doubt in it, it is from the Lord of the worlds.
38. Do they say, ‘he has fabricated it?’ Say you, ‘then bring a sure like it, and call upon all whom you could get
besides I Allah, if you are truthful.
39. But they have belied that, the knowledge of which they did not get Control and they have not yet seen its end
in the like manner have belied those who were before them, then see what became the end of the unjust.
40. And of them, there is one who believes in it. And of them, there is one who does not believe in it, and your
Lord knows well the mischief-makers.
41. And if they belie you. Then say you, ‘for me is my doing, and for you is your doing, you are not responsible for
what I do, and I am not responsible for what you do.
42. And of them are some who give ear to you, then will you make the deaf hear, even though they understand
43. And of them is one who looks at you, then will you guide the blind, even though they do not see?
44. Undoubtedly. Allah does not do injustice to mankind. but men do injustice to them selves.
45. And the Day when He will raise them, as if they had not stayed in the world but an hour of that Day, they shall
mutually recognize Those who belied the meeting with Allah, remained in full loss and they were not on
46. And if We show you some of the things, We are promising to them, or We call you unto Us before, anyhow,
they have to return to Us, then Allah is a witness of what they do.
47. And for every nation there has been a messenger, when their messenger had come to them, it would have
been judged unto them with equity and they would not have been wronged.
48. And they say, ‘when this promise will come, if you are truthful.’
49. Say, you ‘I have no (Personal) power of the good and bad for myself but whatever Allah pleases.’ For every
nation there is fixed term. When their term will come, then neither they can stay behind for an hour, nor can
50. Say you, ‘tell me, if His torment comes upon you by night or day, then what is there in for which the guilty are
51. Will you then believe therein when it would occur actually? Do you now believe, whereas you were hastening
for it before?
52. Then it will be said to the wrongdoers. ‘Taste the torment everlasting. You will get nothing more as
recompense but what ever you used to earn.’
53. And they ask you. ‘Is that true,’ Say you, ‘Yes by my Lord? No doubt, that is necessarily true. And you cannot
get it tired.
54. And if every unjust soul would have owned all that is in the earth, then it would certainly ransom for itself. And
they were secretly ashamed in their hearts, when they saw the torment, and it was decided between them with
equity and they shall not be wronged.
55. Listen, no doubt, it is of Allah only whatever is in the heavens and earth Listen, verily Allah’s promise is true,
but most of them know not.
56. He gives life and causes death, and to Him you shall return.
57. ‘O people! There has come an admonition to you from your Lord, and healing of hearts, and a guidance and a
mercy for the believers.
58. Say- you, ‘only Allah’ grace and only His mercy, on it therefore let them rejoice. That is better than all their
59. Say you, ‘be-think what Allah has sent down to you of provision, you have yourselves made thereof lawful and
unlawful.’ Say you, ‘Has Allah permitted it to you, or you forge lie against Allah?
60. And what do they fancy who forge lie against Allah, that what will be their position on the Day of Resurrection?
No doubt Allah is graceful to people, but most of them are not thankful.
61. And you are busy in any work, and recite any Quran from Him, and you perform any act, We are witnesses
over you when do you commence it. And there is nothing hidden from your Lord even an atom’ weight in the
earth or in heaven, and there is nothing smaller than that or greater but it is in a luminous Book.
62. Listen carefully! No doubt, there is no fear nor any grief upon the friends of Allah
63. Those who believed and keep up their duty.
64. For them are glad tidings in the life of the world and in the Hereafter. The words of Allah are not changed.
That indeed is the supreme triumphs.
65. And you be not grieved by their words. No doubt, all honour belongs to Allah. ‘It is He who hears, knows.
66. Listen, no doubt, all who are in the heavens and all in the earth belong to Allah. And what they are following
those. who are calling associates besides Allah? They follow nothing but fancy. And they are doing nothing but
67. It is He Who has made night for you, that you may rest therein’ and made the day enlightening. No doubt,
therein are signs for those who listen.
68. They spoke, Allah has taken to Him a son’ ‘Holy is He? The self-sufficient, to him belongs whatever is in the
heavens and whatever is in the earth you have no authority for this. Do you say against Allah that you know
69. Say you. ‘Those who forge lie against Allah, they will never prosper.’
70. They are to pull on a little in the world. Then they are to return to Us. Then We shall make them taste a severe
torment. The recompense of their infidelity
71. Recite to them the story of Nuh. When he said to his people, ‘O my people! If my standing up and reminding
the signs of Allah has offended you, then I relied on Allah only. Then do your work untidily. And complete your
work with your false deities, so that nothing may be obscure to you in your work, then do against me what you
can and respite me not.
72. Then if you turn your face, then I ask not any wage from you. My wage is only with Allah, and I have been
ordered to be of Muslims.
73. But they belied him, then We delivered him and those who were with him in the ark and We made them
successors. And We drowned those who belied Our signs, then see what was the end of those who were
74. Then after him We sent other messengers towards their people. then they brought to them bright proofs, but
they were not to believe what they had already belied before. Thus We seal the hearts of the transgressors.
75. Then after them We sent Musa and Haroon to Firawn and his courtiers with Our Signs, then they waxed proud
and they were a sinful people.
76. Then when truth came to them from Us, they said this is surely a manifest magic.
77. Musa said, ‘Do you say such with regard to the truth when it came to you? Is this magic? And magician does
not attain to their goal.
78. They said, ‘Have you come to us. So that you may turn us from that upon which we found our forefathers, and
that you two may have greatness in the land? And we are not to believe you too.
79. And Firawn said, ‘Bring to me every magician of knowledge.’
80. Then when the magicians came, Musa said to them, ‘Cast down whatever you are to cast.’
81. Then when they had cast down, Musa said, ‘what you have brought is magic. Now, Allah will nullify it. Allah
rectifies not the work of mischief-makers.
82. And Allah shows the truth as truth by His words, may the culprits be displeased.
83. Then none believed Muse but few from the seed of his people fearing from Firawn and his courtiers lest they
may compel them to fall back ‘(from Din). And no doubt, Firawn was high headed in the land, and no doubt he
crossed the limit.
84. Musa said, ‘O my people, if you have believed in Allah, then rely upon Him alone, if you are Muslims.’
85. They said, ‘We relied only upon Allah. Our Lord makes us not a test for unjust people.
86. And deliver us by Your Mercy from the infidels.
87. And We revealed to Musa and his brother, build houses for your people in Egypt. And make your house the
place of prayer, and establish prayer and give glad tidings to Muslims.’
88. And Musa submitted, ‘O our Lord! You have given Firawn and his chiefs adornment and wealth in the life of the
world, O our Lord! That they may lead people astray from Your path.’ O our Lord! Destroy their wealth and
harden their hearts, so that they may not believe until they see the painful torment.’
89. He said, ‘The prayers of you both have been accepted. Then be steadfast, and follow not the path of
90. And We led the children of Israel across the sea. Then Firawn and his armies followed them with contumacy
and oppression, until, when the drowning overtook him. He said, ‘I believed, that there is no true diety except
He in whom the children of Israel believed, and I am Muslim.
91. What! Now! And you had been disobedient from before and you had been mischief monger.
92. Today We shall cause to swim your dead body, so that you might be a sign to those after you. And no doubt,
people are heedless of Our signs.
93. And no doubt, We gave a place of honour to the children of Israel and provided them with the pure things;
they differed not, until the knowledge came to them. No doubt, your Lord will decide between them on the Day
of Resurrection in that with regard to which they differed.
94. And O listener! If you are in some doubt regarding what We have sent down towards you, then ask those who
recite the Book before you, Indeed the truth has come to you from your Lord, then you never be of those who
95. And never be of those who belied the signs of Allah otherwise you shall be of the losers.
96. No doubt, those against whom the word of your Lord has been proved correctly will not believe.
97. Though all signs should come to them, until they see the painful torment.
98. Then why there has not been any town that believed so that its belief would have profited, but yes, the people
of Yunus. When they believed. We removed from them the torment of disgrace in the life of the world and
allowed them to pull on for a time.
99. And if your Lord had willed, all those who are in the earth would have believed together. Will you, then force
people until they become Muslims?
100. And no soul has power to believe but by the leave of Allah. And He lays His torment upon those who have no
101. Say you, ‘behold what is in the heavens and in the earth’! And signs and messengers give nothing to those.
Who are not to believe.
102. Then what for they are waiting, but the like of the days of those who passed away before them? Say you. ‘then
wait I am too with you, in waiting.’
103. Then We shall deliver Our Messengers and the believers It is thus binding on Our mercy to deliver the Muslims
104. Say you,’ ‘O people! It you are in any doubt as to my religion, then I shall worship not those whom you worship
besides Allah, yes I worship that Allah Who will cause you to die, and I have been commanded to be of
105. And that: keep your face straight for the religion leaving all others, and never be of the polytheists.
106. And worship not besides Allah that which can neither profit you nor harm you. Then if you do, then at that time
thou would not be of the unjust.
107. And if Allah touches you with any harm, then there is none to remove it save he, and if He desires good for
you, then there is none to repel His grace. He causes it to reach whomsoever of His bondsmen He wills. And
He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
108. Say you, ‘O people! The truth has come to you from your Lord, then who ever came aright, he came aright for
his own good, and whoever strayed, strayed against himself and I am not a guardian over you.
109. And follow that which is revealed to you and have patience until Allah decrees And He is the Best of Judges.
Surah Number 11: Hûd (The Prophet Hûd)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 123
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif Lam Ra; This is a Book, whose verses are full of wisdom, then have been detailed from One Wise Aware.
2. That worship not but Allah. No doubt. I am to you a warner from Him and a bearer of glad-tidings.
3. And that. you ask forgiveness of your Lord then repent to Him. He will give you a good pulling until an
appointed term, and will cause to reach His grace to every man of grace, and if you turn your face, then I fear
for you the torment of a Great Day.
4. Towards Allah. is your return, and He is Potent over every thing.
5. Listen! They fold up their breasts that they may hide from Allah. Listen! When they cover their whole body with
their garments. Allah knows what they conceal and what they reveal. No doubt He is the Knower of all the
thoughts within the breast.
6. And there is none moving on this earth, the provision of that is not upon the generous responsibility of Allah,
and He knows its place of stay and the place of return. All is recorded in a clear explanatory Book.
7. And it is He who has created the heavens and earth in six days, and His Throne was on the water, that He
might try you, as to whose work of you is best. And if you say, ‘undoubtedly’ you shall be raised after death,’
then the infidels will surely say ‘this is not but a magic manifest.’
8. And if We defer from them the torment for a counted period, then they would certainly say, ‘what has detained
it?” Listen, ‘the day when it will come to them, it shall not be averted from them, and the same torment which
they used to mock at shall encompass them.
9. And if We let man taste Our any mercy, then take it away from him, surely he is despairing, ungrateful.
10. And if We let him taste favour after the hardship that has reached to him, then he will surely say, the evils
have gone from me.’ No doubt, he is joyous, boastful.
11. But those who remained patient and did good deeds: for them is forgiveness and a great reward.
12. Then will you leave some of what is being revealed to you and straiten your breast therewith. Because they
say, ‘why a treasure has not been sent down with him or any angel would have come with him? You are a
warner. And Allah is Guardian over every thing.
13. Do they say this; ‘He has fabricated it?’ Say you, ‘Bring then ten verses the like of it. And call all those whom
you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.’
14. Then O Muslim! If they do not respond to you’ then know that it has been sent down with Allah’s Knowledge
and that there is no true deity save Allah, Will you then now submit?
15. Whoever desires the life of the world and its adornment, We will give their full fruit in it and will not lessen
16. These are they for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but Fire. And what ever they used to do there, is
destroyed and all their works became void.
17. Is he then (like him) who is upon a bright proof from his Lord and there comes a witness on him from Allah
and before it was the Book of Moses, a guide and mercy? Those believe therein, and whosoever of all parties
disbelieves in it, then fire is his promised place. Then O Listener! Be not you in any doubt about it. No doubt,
that is the truth from your Lord, but most people believe not.
18. And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah. They shall be presented before their Lord, and
the witnesses will say, ‘these are they who forged lie against their Lord. Behold; curse of Allah is upon the
19. Those who hinder from the path of Allah, and desire crookedness in it; and they are they who deny the
20. They are unable to fatigue in the earth, nor besides Allah they have any helper. They will face torment over
torment. They could neither hear nor see.
21. These are they who put their souls in loss, and the things which, they used to fabricate have been lost from
22. Willing or not willing, it is they who are the greatest losers in the Hereafter.
23. No doubt those who believed, and did good deeds and turned humbly towards their Lord, they are the men of
Heaven, therein they shall abide.
24. The condition of both parties is like one the blind and deaf and the other seeing and hearing is the case of the
two alike? Do you then not take heed?
25. And no doubt, We sent Nuh to his people saying that I am for you a clear warner.
26. That worships none save Allah. Verily, I fear for you the torment of a painful day.
27. Then the chiefs of the unbelievers of his people spoke, ‘We see you a man like us, and we see not that any one
who has followed you but the meanest of us inadvertently, and we do not find in you any superiority over us;
but rather we think you a liar.
28. He said, ‘O my people! tell me, if I am on a clear proof from my Lord, and He has bestowed upon me from
Himself a great mercy, then you remained blind from it. Shall we stick it to your neck while you are averse to
29. ‘And O people! I ask no wealth on it from you. My reward is only with Allah and I am not to drive away
Muslims. No doubt, they are to meet their Lord, but I find you wholly ignorant people.
30. ‘And O people! Who will save me from Allah, if I will drive away them. Do you then not take heed?
31. ‘And I say not to you, ‘I have treasures of Allah with me, and nor I get the unseen known myself and nor I say
this, ‘I am an angel, and nor I say those whom your eyes despise, ‘Allah will never bestow any good to them.’
Allah knows well what ever is in their hearts. If I do so, then surely I am of the unjust.
32. They said, ‘O Nuh, you have disputed with us, and disputed much, then bring that which for you promise us, if
you are truthful.
33. He said, ‘Allah will bring it to you, if He pleases, and you cannot get Him tired.
34. And my admonition will not profit you, if I desire good to you, whilst Allah desires you to go astray. He is your
Lord and to Him you shall return.
35. Do they say, ‘He has fabricated it?’ Say you, ‘If I have fabricated it, then upon me is my sin and I am quit of
36. And it was revealed to Nuh, ‘none of your people will become Muslim but those who have already believed,
grieve not then at what they do.
37. And built the ark before Us and with Our command, and address Me not concerning the unjust, they shall
necessarily be drowned.
38. And Nuh builds the ark, and whenever the chief of his people passed by him, they laughed at him. He said. ‘if
you laugh at us, then we shall laugh at you at one time as you laugh.
39. Now then you shall know to whom comes the torment that may disgrace him’ and comes down the torment
that may be lasting.
40. Until, when Our Command came, and the Oven boiled, We said, ’embark in the ark a pair male and female of
every kind and the members of your family except those against whom the word has already gone forth, and
the rest of the Muslims.’ And Muslims were not with him but a few.
41. And he said, ’embark therein; in the name of Allah is its moving and its berthing. No doubt, my Lord is
assuredly Forgiving, Merciful.
42. And it is sailing with them amidst such waves as mountain. And Nuh called his son, embark with us and be not
with the infidels.
43. He said, ‘Now I take refuge of any mountain, it will save me from the water. Said he ‘Today there is no
protector from the torment of Allah but for him on whom He has mercy and the wave came in between the
two, so he was among the drowned.
44. And it was commanded. ‘O earth Swallow your water. And O heaven; withhold And water was dried and the
affair was accomplished, and the ark settled on mountain Judi’ and it was said, away be the people unjust.’
45. And Nuh called upon his Lord, said he, ‘O my Lord my son too is of my family, and no doubt, Your promise is
true, and You are the Greatest of rulers.
46. He said, ‘O Nuh; he is not of your family, No doubt, his work is not righteous, ask not of Me that of which you
have no knowledge. I admonish you not to become ignorant.
47. Submitted he ‘O my Lord I beg Your refuge from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And if you
forgive me not and have not mercy on me, then I shall be loser.
48. It was said. ‘O Nuh; get down from the ark with peace from Us and with blessings on you and on some parties
with you. And there are some parties whom We shall allow to enjoy in the world, then a painful torment will
49. These tidings of unseen, We reveal to you. Neither you did know nor your people be fore this. Then be patient.
No, doubt there is good end for the duty-bound.
50. And towards Aad (sent) Hud a compatriot of their own. He said, ‘O my people, worship Allah. You have no
deity beside Him. You are but fabricators.
51. ‘O my people, I ask not any wage for this, My wage is only on Him Who created me.’ Have you then no
52. And O my people! Beg forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him, He will send over you heavy rain and will
add strength to your strength, and turn not away your faces committing crimes.
53. They said, ‘O Hud you have not come to us having any proof, and we are not to leave our gods merely because
of your saying, nor are we going to believe your words.
54. We say only that one of our gods has smitten you with evil. He said. ‘I call Allah to witness and you all hear
witness that I am quit of all those whom you associate with Him
55. Besides Allah. Devise against me you all together then respite me not.
56. I relied on Allah. my Lord and your Lord. There is no moving creature whose forelock is not under His control.
No doubt! My Lord meets on straight path.
57. Then if you turn your faces, then I have already conveyed to you that with which I have been sent to you’ and
my Lord will bring others to take your place, and you cannot harm Him at all. No doubt my Lord has watch
over every thing.
58. And when Our Command came, then We saved Hud and the Muslims with him, by showing Our mercy, and
delivered them from severe torment.
59. And these are Aad. The denied the signs of their Lord and disobeyed His Messengers and followed the saying o’
every contumacous haughty enemy.
60. And the curse stuck to them in the world and on the Day of Judgement. Listen. Aad rejected their Lord. Ho:
Away with Aad the people of Hud.
61. And towards Thamud (We sent) Saleh a compatriot of their own. He said, ‘O my people, worship Allah. You
have no deity beside Him. He evolved you from the earth and caused you to live therein, then beg forgiveness
of Him’ then turn to Him. No doubt’ my Lord is near. Responsive.’
62. They said’ ‘O Saleh. You looked promising amongst us before, ‘Do you forbid us to worship what our fathers
worshipped, and verily we are in a big deceitful doubt regarding that to which you call us.
63. He said, ‘O my people! Tell me if I am on a clear proof from my Lord, and He has bestowed me mercy from
Himself, then who will save me against Him, if I disobey Him; then you will increase me nothing save loss.
64. And O my people! This is she-camel of Allah, a sign for you. Then leave her, that she may eat in Allah’s earth,
and touch her not with evil lest a near torment reach you.
65. Then they hamstrung her then Saleh said, ‘enjoy in your houses three days more. This is a promise that will
not be falsified.
66. Then when Our Command came. We saved. Saleh and the Muslims with him showing Our mercy and from the
humiliation of that day No doubt, your Lord is Mighty, Honorable.
67. And a roaring noise overtook the unjust, then in the morning; they remained lying crouched in their homes.
68. As though they had never dwelt therein. Listen, no doubt, Thamud denied their Lord, Ho; curse be on
69. And no doubt, Our messengers came to Ibrahim with glad tidings. They said, ‘Peace;’ He said, ‘Peace’ then not
being late, brought a calf roasted.
70. Then when he saw that their hands did not reach towards the food, he thought them strangers and began to
fear of them in his heart. They said, ‘fear not, we have been sent towards the people of Lut.
71. And his wife was standing by, she began to laugh, then We gave her the glad tiding of Ishaque and after
Ishaque of Yaqub.
72. She said, ‘Oh; Woe is me. Shall I bear a child’ and I am old, and this is my husband, an old man? No doubt,
this is strange thing.
73. The angels said Do you wonder at Allah’s Command? The mercy of Allah and His blessings be upon you, O
people of the house! No doubt, it is He Who is All Praise-Worthy, Honorable.
74. Then when the fear of Ibrahim disappeared, and he got glad-tidings, he began to dispute with Us about the
people of Lut.
75. No doubt, Ibrahim is clement most tender hearted, penitent.
76. ‘O Ibrahim! Do not plunge in this thought. No doubt, the Command of your Lord has come, and no doubt. The
torment is to approach them that cannot be averted.
77. And when Our angels came to Lut, he was grieved of them and became sad on account of them, and said, ‘this
is a fierce day.’
78. And his people came running to him, and they were in the habit of doing evil deeds from before. He said, ‘O
people, these are daughters of my people, they are purer for you, then fear Allah. and do not disgrace ‘me in
the face of my guests. Is there not among you any man of good characters?
79. They said you know. That we have no right in the daughters of your people. And you surely know what we
80. He said. “Had I strength against you or might take refuge in a strong pillar.
81. The angels said ‘O Lut! We are messengers of your Lord, they cannot reach you then carry forth your family
within night. And let none of you look back except y our wife. The same is to reach her too, what will reach
them. No doubt, their promise is for the morning. Is the morning not nigh?
82. Then when Our Command came’ We turned that town upside down and We rained upon it stones of baked clay
83. Which are with y our Lord marked. And those stones are not away from unjust people.
84. And towards Madian Shoaib a compatriot of their own. He said, ‘O my people. Worship Allah, there is no deity
beside Him. And diminish not the measure and the weight. No doubt, I see you prosperous, and I fear for you
the torment of encircling day
85. And O my people! Fill up measure and weight with justice and do not give the people their things decreasing
and do not roam in the earth spreading mischief.
86. And that which is left from the provision of Allah is better for you, if you believe, and I am not over you a
87. They said, ‘O Shoaib, does your prayer bid you that we should abandon the gods of our fathers, or that we
should not do with our riches whatever we will? Yes please, you are the only wise and up right.
88. He said, ‘O my people. Tell me fairly, if I am on a clear proof from my Lord, and He gave me good provision
from Himself. And I do not desire that I myself begin to do against that which I forbid you to do. I only desire
to return as for as I can. And my succor is from Allah only. I relied only upon Him and I turn towards Him only.
89. And O my people! Let not your opposition to me makes you earn that which befell the people of Nuh, or the
people of Hud or the people of Saleh. And the people of Lut are not far away from you.
90. And beg forgiveness of Allah, then turn towards Him. No doubt, my Lord is Merciful, Loving.
91. They said, ‘O Shoaib, we do not understand most of your talks; and no doubt, we see you weak among us. And
if there had been your tribe, we would have stoned you. And there is no respect for you in our eyes.’
92. He said, ‘O my people! Is the pressure of my tribe over you is more than Allah? And you have cast Him behind
your back. No doubt’ whatever you do, is under the control of my Lord.
93. And O people! Continue your work at your places, I do my work. Soon you are to know on whom comes the
torment that will disgrace him and who is liar. And wait, I also wait with you.
94. And when my Command came, We saved Shoaib and the Muslims with him by showing Our mercy. And the
roaring noise overtook the unjust then they remained lying on their knees in their homes at morning.
95. s they had never dwelt there. Ho; Be away Madian just as Thamud were removed far away.
96. And verily, We sent Musa with Our signs and clear authority.
97. To Firawn and his courtiers’ then they followed the command of Firawn. And the work of Firawn was not rightly
98. He shall be before his people on the Day of Resurrection, and bring them down in the Hell. And what an evil
place of watering to descent.
99. And the curse followed them in this world and on the Day of Resurrection. What is an evil reward, which they
100. These are the tidings of the towns that We relate to you; some of them are standing and some mown down.
101. And We wronged them not, but they did evil to themselves. Their deities, whom they used to worship beside
Allah, availed them not, when the Command of your Lord came, and they increased them nothing save
102. And such is the seizing of your Lord, when He seizes the towns on their injustice. No doubt, His seizing is
103. No doubt, herein is a sign to him who fears the torment of Hereafter. That is a Day whereon all shall be
gathered together and that is a Day of presence.
104. And We defer it not save for a counted period.
105. When that Day will come, no one will speak save by the leave of God. Then any one of them is unfortunate,
and any one of them is fortunate.
106. Then those who are unfortunate, they are in the Hell, they will bray like ass.
107. They shall abide therein, so long as the heavens and earth abide, save as your Lord will. No doubt, your Lord
accomplishes what He desires.
108. And those who are fortunate, they are in Heaven. They shall abide therein’ so long as the heavens and earth
abide, save, as your Lord will. this is the gift un-ending.
109. Then O listener! Be not in delusion concerning that which these infidels worship. They worship as their fathers
used to worship before. And undoubtedly, We shall repay them their portion in full undiminished.
110. And no doubt, We gave Musa the Book, then they differed therein. And if a word of your Lord had not gone
already before, the matter would have been decided between them. And no doubt, they are in a deceptive
doubt about it.
111. And no doubt, to each of them in all your Lord will repay their works in full. He is aware of their doings.
112. Then remain you firm as you have been commanded and whoever has repented with you; and O people! Do
not be arrogant. No doubt He is seeing your works.
113. And do not lean towards wrong doers, lest the Fire Should touch you, and you have no supporter besides Allah,
then you will not be helped.
114. And establish prayer at the two ends of the day and in parts of the night. No doubt, good deeds obliterate evil
deeds. This is admonition for the persons accepting admonition.
115. And be patient, Allah wastes not the reward of the righteous
116. Then why there were not among generations before you persons possessing some virtue who would have
forbidden mischief in the earth, Yes there were few of them whom We delivered’? And the unjust remained
behind the same luxury that was given to them, and they were sinners
117. And your Lord is not such that He would destroy towns without any reason. While its people be good.
118. And if your Lord had willed He would have made all! Mankind one nation, and they will always remain differing.
119. Save those on whom your Lord has mercy, and for this has He created them. And the word of your Lord has
been fulfilled. No doubt’ I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.
120. And all that We relate to you of the tidings of the messengers is for the purpose of strengthening your heart
therewith? And in this Sura the truth has come to you and admonition to the Muslims.
121. And say you to the infidels, ‘continue working on your places’ and we do our work.
122. And wait. Lo! We (too) are waiting.
123. And to Allah belong the unseen of the heavens and the earth and towards Him is the return of the whole
affairs, then worship Him and rely upon Him. And your Lord is not heedless of what you do.
Surah Number 12: Yûsuf (The Prophet Joseph)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 111
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam-Ra. These are the verses of a Book luminous.
2. No doubt, We have sent it down as an Arabic Quran so that you may understand.
3. We relate to you the best narration, in that We revealed to you this Quran, though no doubt, you had no
4. Recall when Yusuf (Joseph) said to his father, ‘O my father, I saw eleven stars and the sun and the moon: I
saw them prostrating for me.
5. He said, O my son! Relate not your dream to your brothers, that they will devise any scheme against you. No
doubt, Satan ( The devil ) is the clear enemy of man.
6. And thus your lord Will select you. and teach you to draw conclusion of the discourses. and perfect His
blessings upon you and upon the house of Yaqoob (Jacob) as He perfected it formerly on Ishaque (Isaac). No
doubt your Lord is knowing Wise
7. No doubt. In Yusuf and his brethren there are signs for the inquirers.
8. When they said surely Yusuf and his brother are dearer to our father than we and we are a party. No doubt.
Our father is clearly absorbed in their love.
9. Kill Yusuf or cast him forth into some land so that your father’s face may only remain towards you. And
thereafter be righteous.
10. One of them said. ‘Kill not Yusuf, and cast him into a dark well that any traveler may take him away if you are
11. They said, ‘O Our father! What happened to you that you are not trusting us regarding Yusuf, and we are his
12. Send him forth with us tomorrow that he may eat fruits and play, and no doubt, we are his watchmen.
13. He said, ‘It will grieve me that you should take him away, and I fear that wolf may eat him while you remain
unaware of him.’
14. They said, if the wolf eats him, and we are a party then we are of no use.’
15. Then when they took him away, and all agreed that he should be put in a dark well, and We revealed to him
that necessarily you shall inform them of this doing while they shall not be knowing.
16. And at night they came to their father weeping.
17. They said, ‘O our father! we went away racing, and left Yusuf near our provisions, then the wolf ate him, and
you would not believe us, though we may be true.
18. And they brought his shirt stained with false blood. He said, ‘Your hearts have made a thing for you, then
patience is good; and I seek help only from Allah against what you describe.
19. And there came a Caravan, they sent their water carrier he then let down his bucket. He Said, ‘Hurrah’; what a
good news, this is a boy,’ and concealed him as a treasure And Allah knows what they do.
20. And the brothers sold him for a mean price on a counted Durham, and they had no inclination in him.
21. And the man of Egypt who bought him said to his wife, ‘keep him honorably, perchance he may profit us, or
we may take him as son. And thus We established Yusuf in the land and in order that We may teach him to
draw conclusions of the discourses. And Allah is Dominant over His affairs, but most men know not.
22. And when he reached to his full strength, We bestowed him wisdom and knowledge. And thus We recompense
23. And she, in whose house he was, allured him lest he may control his self. And bolted all the doors, and she
said, ‘Comes I say to you.’ He said, ‘Allah be my refuge that Aziz is my lord that is to say nourisher. He has
kept me very well. No doubt, the unjust never prosper.
24. And no doubt, the woman desired him, and he would also have desired her, if he had seen the proof of his
Lord. Thus We did, in order that We might avert from him evil and indecency. No doubt, he is of my selected
25. And both ran towards the door, and the woman tore his shirt from behind, and both met the husband of the
woman near the door. She said ‘what is the punishment of him who desired evil with your wife, but that he
should be imprisoned or a painful chastisement?’
26. He said, ‘she allured me lest I may protect myself and a witness of the household of the woman bore witness,
if his shirt is torn from before, then the woman is true and he is a liar.
27. And if his shirt is torn from behind, then the woman is a liar and he is truthful.
28. Then when Aziz saw his shirt torn from behind, he said ‘no doubt, this is the device of you women.’ No doubt’
your device is great.
29. ‘O Yusuf, do not think of it. And O woman! Ask forgiveness of your sin. No doubt. You are one of the sinners.
30. And certain women in the city said, ‘The wife of Aziz allures the hearts of her young boy. No doubt, his love has
deepened in her heart. We find her infatuated with love openly.
31. Then when Zalikha heard their whispering then she sent for them and prepared for them cushioned couches,
and gave to each of them a knife, and said to Yusuf, ‘Come forth to them.’ And when the women saw Yusuf,
they began to speak of his greatness, and cut their, hands and said ‘Holy is Allah,’ he is not a mankind, he is
not but a noble angel.
32. Zalikha said, ‘then this is he about whom you used to reproach me, and no doubt, I desired to allure his heart’
then he preserved himself. And no doubt, if he will not do what I say to him, then necessarily he will be put in
prison and surely he shall bear insult.
33. Yusuf said, ‘O my Lord, prison is dearer to me than the work to which she calls me. And if you shall not turn
their guile from me, then I shall incline towards them and will be ignorant.
34. Then his Lord heard his prayer, and turned the guile of the women from him. No doubt, He Hears, Knows.
35. Then even after seeing all signs, the same previous thought came to their mind that they should put him in
prison for a period.
36. And two young men entered the prison with him. One of them said, ‘I dreamed that I press wine’ and the other
said, ‘I dreamed that there are some breads on my head whereof the birds are eating. Tell us its interpretation.
No doubt, we see you righteous.
37. Yusuf said, ‘the food which you use to get, will not come to you, but I shall tell you the interpretation thereof
before it comes to you, this is of those knowledges which my Lord has taught me. No doubt, I did not concede
to the religion of the people who do not believe in Allah and they are the rejecters of the Hereafter.
38. And I followed the religion of my fathers Ibrahim and Ishaque and Yaqub. It is not for us to associate anything
with Allah. That is a grace of Allah upon mankind and us but most men thank not.
39. ‘O my two fellow prisoners; are separate Lords better or Allah the One Omnipotent?
40. You worship not besides Him but only names which you and your fathers have carved out. Allah has sent down
no authority for them. There is no judgement but of Allah. He commanded not to worship anyone besides Him.
This is the right religion, but most men know not.
41. ‘O my two fellow prisoners! As for one of you he will serve wine for drink to his lord (King), and as for the
other, he will be crucified, and the birds will eat of his head. The matter about which you inquired has been
42. And Yusuf said to one whom he considered would be saved of the two, ‘mention me before your lord, then
Satan (The evil) made him forget to mention him to his lord then Yusuf continued in the prison for several
43. And the King said, ‘I saw in a dream seven fat cows that they are being eaten by seven lean cows, and seven
green ears and seven others dry. O courtiers! Answer to my dream if you know interpretation of the dreams.’
44. They said, ‘these are confused dreams, and we know not the interpretation of dreams.’
45. And the one who was saved of the two said when he remembered after a long time, ‘I will tell you its
interpretation, send me forth.’
46. ‘O Yusuf! O man of truth! Give us interpretation regarding seven fat cows which are being eaten by seven lean
ones and seven green ears and the other seven dry; perchance, I may return to the people, perchance they
47. He said. ‘You will do cultivation for seven continuous years, then what you reap, leave it in its ear, but a little
which you may eat.
48. Then after it there shall come seven hard years, that shall eat up what you had stored up for them before, but
a little which you may save.
49. Then thereafter there shall come a year wherein people will have rain and in which they will press juice
50. And the king said, ‘bring him to me, then when the messenger came to him, he said, ‘return to your lord, then
ask him, ‘what about the women who had cut their hands? No doubt my Lord knows their guile.
51. The King said ‘O women’ what business you had when you desired to allure the heart of Yusuf. They said. ‘Holy
is Allah, we did not find any evil in him. The wife of Aziz said, ‘now the reality is discovered, I desired to allure
his heart and no doubt, he is truthful.
52. Yusuf said, ‘I have done this because Aziz should know that I betrayed him not behind his back, and Allah
allows not the guile of betrayers.
53. And I do not hold my soul free from sin’ no doubt the soul is wont to command evil but that on whom my Lord
has mercy. No doubt, my Lord is Forgiving’ Merciful.
54. The King said, bring him to me that I may choose him especially for myself. Then, when he talked to him said
‘certainly today, you are a man dignified, trusted with us.
55. Yusuf said, ‘set me over the treasures of earth. No doubt, I am watchful, knowing.
56. And thus We gave control to Yusuf over this land wherein he might live wherever he wished. We cause Our
mercy to reach whom We please, and We waste not the reward of the righteous.
57. And surely the reward of the Hereafter is better for those who believed and remained duty-bound.
58. And the brethren of Yusuf, came, then appeared before him and Yusuf recognised them but they remained
unaware of him.
59. And when he got ready their baggage, he said, ‘bring your stepbrother to me, do you not see that I give full
measure and I am the best host.
60. But if you bring him not to me, then there is not measure for you with me and approach me not.
61. They said, we shall desire him from his father, and we are certainly to do it.
62. And Yusuf said to his servants ‘put their capital in their saddlebags, haply they may recognize it when they go
back to their home, per-chance they may return.
63. Then when they returned to their father, they said, ‘O our father, the food-grain has been denied to us, so
send with us our brother that we may bring food-grain and we shall surely safeguard him.
64. He said, ‘May I trust you about him likewise I trusted you before about his brother.’ Then Allah is the best
Guard He is the Most Merciful of the merciful.
65. And when they opened their goods, they found their capital returned to them. They said, ‘O Our father, now
what more should we desire? Here is our capital that has been returned to us, and we shall bring food-grain for
our family and we shall guard our brother, and we shall find an extra camel load. This offering is nothing
before a King.
66. He said, ‘I will never send him with you, until you give me this solemn pledge of Allah that you will be surely
bring him back, but that you may be encompassed’ Then when they gave Yaqub solemn pledge, he said, ‘Allah
is responsible over what we say.’
67. And said he, ‘O my sons, enter not by one door, but enter you by separate gates. I cannot save you against
Allah All decisions belong to Allah I relied on Him, and let the relying rely on Him.
68. And when they entered after the manner their father had commanded, it could not save them against Allah,
yes there was a desire in the heart of Yaqub which he fulfilled. And verily, he is the man of knowledge by Our
teaching, but most men know not.
69. And they went to Yusuf. He gave his brother a place near himself, he said’ ‘believe, I am your brother therefore
be not grieved of whatever they do.’
70. Then when he made ready their baggage, he put the drinking cup in the saddlebag of his brother. Thereafter a
Crier cried. ‘O men of Caravan, no doubt. You are thieves.’
71. They said, and turned to them, ‘what it is that you find not.
72. hey said, ‘we do not find the king’ measuring cup. And whosoever will bring it. He shall have a camel’s load and
I am his guarantor.
73. They said. ‘By God, you are well aware that we came not for creating mischief in the land, nor we are thieves.
74. They said. ‘What is the penalty of him, if you be liars?
75. They said, ‘its penalty is, that he in whose baggage it is found, be himself the servant in recompense. Thus is
the punishment of the unjust at our place.
76. Then first he began the search of their bags before the bag of his brother; then he took it out from the bag of
his brother. We taught Yusuf thus to plan. He could not take his brother under the King’s Law but this that
Allah willed. We exalt in degrees whomsoever We please. And above every man of knowledge there is One of
77. The brothers said, ‘if he commits theft, then no doubt his brother has already committed theft before, then
Yusuf kept this thing secret in his heart and did not disclose it to them. He said within himself, ‘you are at
worse place, and Allah knows well what you fabricate.
78. They said, ‘O Aziz, he has a father, aged and advanced in years, so take one of us in his place. No doubt we
are seeing your favours.
79. He said, ‘be refuge of Allah that we should take any other but him with whom we found our goods then we
shall surely be unjust.
80. Then when they were disappointed of him they began conferring going apart. His elder brother said, ‘do you
not remember that your father had taken a solemn pledge of Allah from you, and before this how you
committed mistake regarding Yusuf? Then I shall not move from this place until my father permits or Allah
commands me and His command is best.
81. Return you all to your father, and say, ‘O our father verily your son has committed theft, and we had become
witnesses to this much what we had in our knowledge, and we were not guardians over the unseen.
82. And Enquirer of the town wherein we were and the Caravan in which we came. And no doubt, we are truthful.
83. He said, ‘your souls have made for you some excuse. Then patience is good. It is near that Allah may bring
them all to me. No doubt, it is He the Knowing the Wise.
84. And he turned away his face from him and said, ‘Ah, woe on the separation of Yusuf, and his eyes were
whitened with grief and he suppressed his anger.
85. They said, ‘By-God, you shall ever continue to remember Yusuf until you approach grave or pass away with
86. He said, ‘I cry out for assistance in my anguish and sorrow unto Allah, and I know those glories of Allah which
you know not.
87. ‘O my sons! Go and search for Yusuf and his brother and despair not of Allah’s mercy. No doubt, none despair
of the mercy of Allah but a people disbelieving.
88. Then when they reached Yusuf, they said, ‘O Aziz, distress has reached us and our family, and we have come
with worthless capital, then you give us full measure and be charitable to us. No doubt, Allah rewards the
89. He said, ‘Are you aware what you did with Yusuf and his brother, when you were ignorant.
90. They said, ‘Are you really Yusuf,’ He said, ‘I am Yusuf and this is my brother No doubt, Allah has favoured us.
Verily whosoever refrains and be patient, then Allah wastes not the reward of the righteous.
91. They said, ‘By God, surely Allah has preferred you above us, and no doubt, we had been sinners.
92. He said, ‘there is no reproach today upon you. May Allah forgive you. And He is the Most Merciful of the
93. Go with this shirt of mine, put it on my father’s face’ he shall recover his sight. And bring all your family
94. When the Caravan departed from Egypt, their father here said, ‘no doubt, I find the scent of Yusuf, if you say
me not that he is doted.
95. The sons said, ‘By Allah, you are infatuated with the same old love.
96. Then when the bearer of lad-tidings came’ he laid that shirt on the face of Yaqub, forthwith his sight came
back. He said, ‘did I not say to you hat I know those glories of Allah which you know not.
97. They said, ‘O our father, beg forgiveness of our sins, no doubt, we are sinful.
98. He said, ‘soon I shall beg my Lord to forgive you.’ He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
99. Then when they all reached Yusuf, he offered a place near him to his father and, mother and said. ‘Enter’
Egypt if Allah will with security.
100. And he seated his father and mother on the throne, and all fell down prostrate for him, and Yusuf said, ‘O my
father, this is the interpretation of-my first vision. Verily my Lord has made it true. And no doubt, He favoured
me that He brought forth me from the prison, and brought you all from the village after Satan had created
dissension between my brothers and me. Surely my Lord makes easy any thing He pleases. Verily He is the
101. ‘O my Lord! Verily You have bestowed me a Kingdom and taught me to draw conclusion of some discourses. O
Creater of heavens and earth, You are my Helper in this world and the Hereafter. Make me die as Muslim and
join me with those who are worthy to be very close to You.
102. These are some tidings of Unseen, which We reveal to you. And you were not with them, when they agreed
upon their plan, and they were devising.
103. And most men will not believe; though you eagerly desire it.
104. And you do not ask any wage for it; it is not but admonition to the whole world.
105. And how many a sign there is in the heavens and earth that most men pass by them and are unaware of them.
106. And most of them believe not in Allah but as associators.
107. Have they become fearless from this that they maybe encompassed by the torment of Allah or the sudden
coming of the Hour upon them while they are unaware?
108. Say you, ‘This is my way; I call towards Allah. I and those who follow my footsteps have insight. And Holy is
Allah: and I am not an associators.
109. And all those who were sent as messengers before you were men, whom We revealed, and all were residents
of the cities. Have they not journeyed in the land, that they may see, what became the end of those before
them? And no doubt, the abode of the Hereafter is better for the duty-bound. Have you not then wisdom?
110. And so much so, when the messengers had no hope of outer causes and the people thought that the
messengers had given them wrong information at that time, Our help came, then whomsoever We willed was
rescued. And Our torments cannot be averted from the sinful people.
111. No doubt, the eyes of the wise men are opened by their tidings. It is not a discourse concocted, but a
confirmation of what went before and a detail explanation of every thing, and guidance and a mercy for the
Surah Number 13: Ar-Ra`d (The Thunder)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 43
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam Mim Ra. These are the verses of the Book, and that which has been sent from your Lord is the truth,
but most men believe not.
2. Allah is He who raised up the heavens without the pillars that you can see, and then He settled Himself on the
throne as is befitting to His Dignity and made the sun and the moon subservient. Each one runs to a term
stated. Allah plans the work and details the signs so that you may believe the meeting with your Lord.
3. And it is He who stretched the earth and made therein anchors and rivers, and He made two kinds of every
fruit in the earth. He covers the night with the day. No doubt in that are signs for a people who reflect.
4. And there are different regions adjoining each other, and there are gardens of grapes and are corn fields and
palm trees growing from one base and separately, all are watered with one water and in fruits, We make one
to excel the other. No doubt, in that are signs for wise people.
5. And if you wonder, then wondrous indeed is their saying that shall we be made a-new after being dust? Those
are they who denied their Lord, and those are they who will have shackles round their necks. And those are the
people of Hell wherein they shall abide.
6. And they ask you for hastening the torment before mercy and the punishment of those before them have
already occurred. And verily your Lord awards forgiveness even on the injustices of the people. And no doubt,
the torment of your Lord is severe.
7. And the infidels say, ‘why has not a sign been sent down upon him from his Lord. You are only a warner and a
guide to every people.
8. Allah knows whatever is in the womb of any female and whatever the wombs diminish and whatever they
increase. And everything with Him is with proper estimate.
9. Knower of every hidden and open, The Greatest, The Exalted.
10. All are alike, one who among you conceals his talks and one who utters openly, and one who hides himself in
the night and one who walks by day.
11. For man there are angels in succession before and behind him that they watch him by Allah’s command, verily
Allah alters not His blessing from any people until they themselves alter their condition. And when Allah desires
evil to a people, then it cannot be turned back, and besides Him they have no supporter.
12. It is He Who shows you the lightning for fear and hope and raises the heavy clouds.
13. And the thunder praising Him proclaims His Holiness and the messengers with His awe, and sends thunderbolts then smites therewith whom. He wills while they are disputing about Allah. And His grip is severe.
14. Calling to Him alone is true, and those whom they call upon beside Him, hear them not at all, but like him ‘
who is sitting stretching his hands before the water that it may reach his mouth, and it will never reach it. And
every prayer of the infidels loses its way.
15. And to Allah alone prostrates as many there are in the. Heavens and earth willingly or unwillingly and their
shadows too every morning and evening. [^] (SAJDA) 2.
16. Say you, ‘who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. Say yourself, ”Allah’. Say you, ‘Have you then made
supporters beside Allah, who can neither do good or evil even to themselves? Say you; will the blind and the
seeing be equaled? Or will the darkness and the light be equaled? “Or have they setup such associates with
Allah who have made something as Allah has made, then the making of Him and of theirs looked similar to
them” Say you, ‘Allah alone is the Creator of everything and He is the One’ Dominant over all.’
17. He sent down water from the sky. then the channels flow according to its capacity, then the flux of water
carried with it the swelling foam, and from that over which they kindle a fire for making ornaments or other
goods arises foams similar to it. Thus Allah illustrates truth and false hood. Then the foam is blown up and that
which benefits mankind remains in the earth. Thus Allah illustrates the examples.
18. For those who obeyed the commands of their Lord, there is good. And as for those who obeyed not His
commands. If they had all that is in the earth, and the more like of it would have been in their possession, then
they would have offered it for their ransom. These are they who will have an evil reckoning, and their abode is
Hell. And what an evil place of rest.
19. Shall he then who knows that what has been sent to you from your Lord is truth be like him who is blind? Only
those who have wisdom accept admonition.
20. Those who fulfil the convenant of Allah, and turn not after entering into a convenant.
21. And those who join what Allah has commanded to join, and fear their Lord and dread the evil reckoning.
22. And those who kept patience for seeking the pleasure of their Lord, and kept up the prayer, and spent out of
what We have provided them in Our path secretly and openly, and drive away evil by means of goodness. For
them is the profit of the last abode.
23. Gardens for habitation in which they will enter, and those who are righteous from among their fathers, and
wives and offspring and angels shall enter unto them from every door, saying;
24. ‘Peace be upon you for your patience,’ what an excellent last abode then you got.’
25. And those who break the covenant of Allah after confirming it, and cut asunder what Allah has commanded to
join, and spread mischief in the earth, their share is only curse and theirs the evil abode.
26. Allah increases the provision for whom He will and also He straitens, and the infidels were strut with the life of
the world. And the life of the world is nothing in comparison to the life of the Hereafter but to pull on for some
27. And the infidels say, ‘why is not a sign from His Lord sent down to him.’ Say you, ‘Allah leads astray
whomsoever He will, and guides towards Him one who turns to Him.
28. They are those who have believed and their hearts find satisfaction with the remembrance of Allah. Behold, in
the remembrance of Allah alone there is the satisfaction of hearts.
29. Those who believed and performed- good deeds for them is the bliss and good end.
30. Thus We have sent you to a people before whom other peoples have passed in order that you may recite to
them what We have revealed to you, and they are rejecting the Most Affectionate, Say you, He is my Lord,
none is to be worshiped beside Him. I relied upon Him alone and to Him do I return.’
31. If there would have come a Quran by which mountains could be moved or the earth could be cut asunder or
the dead could have spoken to, even then too these infidels would not have believed but the entire affair is
under the authority of Allah. Did then the Muslims not become disappointed with it that if Allah had willed, He
would have guided men all together? And the thump will ever continue to smite the infidels for what they
wrought or it will alight near their houses, until Allah’s promise comes. Verily Allah does not do against His
32. And surely, the messengers before you were mocked at, then I let loose the infidels for some days’ then I
seized them. Then how was My torment.
33. Is then He Who watches every soul with his actions?, and yet they ascribe to Allah associates. Say you, ‘name
them.’ Or do you inform Him of what is not in His knowledge in the entire earth. or by the – way an empty
saying? Rather their fraud has been made to look good in the eyes of the infidels, and they have been hindered
from the way. And he whom Allah leads astray, has no guide.
34. They shall be punished in the life of the world, and verily the torment of the Hereafter is hardest. And they
have none to defend from Allah.
35. The likeness of the Heaven, which has been, promised to the God-fearing, beneath it streams flow. Its fruits
are everlasting and its shade. This is the end of those who fear Allah, and the end of the infidels is the Fire.
36. And those to whom We have given the Book rejoice at what has been sent to you, and of those groups there
are some who deny a part thereof. Say you, ‘I am only commanded to worship Allah and not to ascribe
associate to Him. To Him I call, and to Him is my return.
37. And thus We have sent it down as a decision in Arabic. And O’ listener! if you will follow their desires after what
has come to you of knowledge, then you shall have no supporter nor defender against Allah.
38. And no doubt, We have sent messengers before you, and assigned to them wives and children. And it is not for
a messenger to bring any sign, but by Allah’s leave. For each promise there is writing.
39. Allah wipes out what He pleases and establishes (what He pleases) and the real writing is with Him.
40. And if We show you any promise that is made to them, or We call you to Us before, in any case upon you is
only to deliver the message, and on Us is the reckoning.
41. Do they not see that We are coming diminishing their population from all sides. And Allah commands, there is
none to put back His command, and He is swift in reckoning
42. And those before them have already plotted, but the entire secret plans belong to Allah. He knows what every
soul earns. And the infidels are soon to know, who gets the last abode.
43. And the infidels say, you are not a messenger.’ Say you, ‘Allah is sufficient as witness between you and me,
and he who has knowledge of the Book.’
Surah Number 14: Ibrahîm (The Prophet Ibrahîm)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 52
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam, Ra, This is a Book that We have sent to you so that you may bring the People from darkness to light
by the command of their Lord towards the path of the Honorable, the Praiseworthy.
2. Allah, to Whom belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. And there is misery for
the infidels from a severe torment.
3. Those who love the worldly life more than the life of Hereafter arid bar from the path of Allah and desire
crookedness therein, they are in far off error.
4. And, We have sent each messenger in the language of his own people that he may tell them clearly. Then Allah
leads astray whomsoever He will and guides whomsoever He will, and He is the Honorable, the Wise.
5. And, We did send Musa with Our signs, that ‘bring your people from the darkness into the light, and remind
them of the day of Allah. No doubt, in it there are signs for each steadfast, thankful.
6. And when Musa said to his people, ‘remember Allah’s favour upon you, when He delivered you from Frown’s
people who used to afflict you worsly, and slaughter your sons and let your daughters live, and in it there was
shown great mercy of your Lord.
7. And remember, when your Lord proclaimed, ‘If you will be grateful, then I shall give you more, and if you are
thankless, then My torment is severe.’
8. Musa said, ‘if you and all others in the earth become disbelievers, then verily Allah is self-sufficient,
9. Have you not received the tidings of those who were before you, the people of Nuh and Aad, and the Thamud
and those after them? They are known to Allah alone. There came to them their messengers with bright
proofs, but they turned their hands to their mouths and said, ‘we deny that with which you have been sent,
and the path towards which you call us, concerning that we are in a doubt creating suspense.
10. Their messengers said, ‘Is there any doubt in Allah, the Maker of the heavens and earth? He calls you that He
may forgive some of your sins and may fulfil your life till the stated time of your death without punishment.
They said, ‘You are human being like us. You desire to bar us from that our fathers used to worship. So bring
us a clear authority.
11. Their messengers said to them, ‘We are indeed human beings like yourselves, but Allah bestows His favour on
whomsoever He will of His bondmen. And it is not for us to bring you any’ authority but by the command of
Allah. And upon Allah alone the Muslims should rely.
12. And what happened to us that we should not rely upon Allah, He has showed us our ways. And we shall surely
bear patiently that with which you are annoying us. And let the trustful put their trust in Allah alone.
13. And the infidels said to their messengers, ‘We shall surely turn you out of our lands, or you return to our
religion.’ Then their Lord revealed to them’ We shall surely destroy the unjust.’
14. And We shall surely make you settle in the land after them. This is for him who fears standing before Me, and
be afraid of the torment, I have commanded.
15. And they asked for a decision, and every tyrant obstinate was disappointed.
16. The Hell ran after him and he shall be made to drink the water of oozing pus.
17. He will take its draught little by little with difficulty and there shall be no hope to swallow it, and death shall
come to him from all sides but he shall not die. And there is a terrible torment after him.
18. The condition of the rejecters of their lord is such that their deeds are like ashes upon which a strong blast of
wind came in a day of storm. They got nothing out of entire earning. This is the far off error.
19. Did you not see that Allah has made the heavens and earth with the truth? If He please He can take you away
and bring forth a new creation.
20. And this is not at all hard for Allah.
21. They all shall appear before Allah, then those who were weak will say to those proud, ‘we were under you, can
it be possible for you to put off some of the torment of Allah from us?’ They will say, ‘if Allah had guided us, we
would have guided you. It is alike to us whether we show impatience or remain patient, no where is asylum for
22. And the Satan when the matter would have been decided will say, ‘verily Allah had given you a true promise,
and whatever I promised you I made it false to you, and I had no authority over you, but that I called you,
then you responded to me, now then put no blame upon me, put the blame upon yourselves.’ Neither I could
help you nor you could help me. I am strongly disgusted with that you associated me with Allah before. No
doubt, there is painful torment for the unjust.
23. And those who believed and did good deeds shall be made to enter gardens, beneath which flow rivers abiding
there in with the command of their Lord. Their greetings at the time of their meeting are Peace.
24. Did you not see that how Allah has explained the example of the holy word like a clean tree whose root is
firmly standing and branches are in the heaven.
25. It gives its fruit at all times by the command of its Lord and Allah propounds examples for the people that they
26. And the example of evil word is like an evil tree uprooted from the earth, now it has no stability.
27. Allah keeps firm the believers on right word in the life of the world and the Hereafter, and Allah leads astray
the wrong doers, and Allah does what He pleases.
28. Did you not see those who changed the favour of Allah with un-thankfulness and have brought their people
into the abode of ruin.
29. That which is Hell, they shall enter in it, what an evil place to stay?
30. And they have set up equals for Allah that they might lead astray from His path. Say you, enjoy a little, verily
your end is the Fire.
31. Say to My those bondmen who believed that they should keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given
them secretly and openly before the coming of that day in which there shall be neither trading nor friendship.
32. Allah Is He who made the heavens and earth and caused water to come down from the heaven, then He
produced some fruits therewith for your food, and He made the ships subservient to you that they may sail
through the sea by His command and made the rivers subservient to you.
33. And He made the sun and moon subservient for you, which are constantly moving, and made the day and
night subservient for you.
34. And He gave you many things you asked for. And if you count the favours of Allah, you cannot count. No
doubt, man is very unjust, un-thankful.
35. And recall when Ibrahim submitted, ‘O my Lord make this city secure. and save me and my sons from
worshipping the idols.
36. ‘My Lord, verily the idols have led astray many people. then who sided with me is mine and who disobeyed me.
Then you are certainly Forgiving, Merciful.
37. ‘O my Lord, I have caused some of my children to settle in a valley wherein there is no cultivation by your
sacred House, O our Lord in order that they might keep up prayer, then You make some people’s hearts incline
toward them and give them some fruits for food, haply they may be thankful.
38. ‘O our Lord, you know what we conceal and what we disclose. And nothing is concealed from Allah in the earth
or in the heaven.
39. All praise to Allah Who has given me Ismail and Ishaque in old age. Verily my Lord is the Hearer of prayer.
40. ‘O my Lord, keep me as establisher of prayer and some of my children too, O our Lord, and accept my prayer.
41. ‘O our Lord, forgive me, and my parents and all Muslims on the Day when reckoning shall take place.
42. And never consider Allah unaware of the deeds of the unjust. He is not letting them loose but to a day in which
their eyes shall remain staring.
43. They will come out running rashly raising their heads high, that their eyelashes do not turn back towards them,
and there will be no strength in their hearts.
44. And warn mankind of the day when the torment shall come to them, then the unjust shall say, ‘O our Lord,
grant us respite for a short term that we may respond to your call and follow the messengers’. Did you not
swear before that we are not to go anywhere moving from the world?
45. And you settled down in the dwellings of those who did evil to them selves and it was clear to you, how We did
with them and We explained to you giving examples.
46. And verily they devise their plans and their plans are under the control of Allah and their planning was not such
as to remove these mountains.
47. Therefore never consider that Allah will go against His promise to His messengers. No doubt, Allah is Dominant,
the Lord of retribution.
48. The day when the earth shall be changed other than this earth and the heavens too, and all shall come out
standing before Allah, the One Who is Dominant overall.
49. And you will see the guilty on that Day bound together in chains.
50. Their shirt shall be of pitch and the fire shall cover their faces.
51. In order that Allah may reward every soul according to its earning. No doubt, Allah is not late in reckoning.
52. This is to deliver the commands to mankind and that they may be warned therewith and that they may know
that He is only one God and that the men of wisdom may accept admonition.
Surah Number 15: Al-Hijr (Stone land, Rock City)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 99
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam-Raa. These are the verses of a Book and of a Bright Quran.
2. The infidels would desire ardently that they had been Muslims.
3. Leave them to eat and enjoy and let the hope may amuse them now then they are about to know.
4. And the town We destroyed it had a writing known
5. No community can precede its promised time nor it can fall behind.
6. And they said ‘O you upon whom Quran has been sent down, you are certainly a madman.’
7. ‘Why don’t you bring angels to us, if you are truthful.’
8. We do not send down the angels without any purpose and if they come down, they would not get a time.
9. No doubt, We have sent down this Quran, and We most surely are its Guardian.
10. And assuredly. We sent messengers before you amongst earlier peoples.
11. And not any messenger came to them, but they mocked at him.
12. In the same way, We make a way for this mockery in the hearts of the culprits.
13. They believe not therein. and already the example of the ancients has gone forth.
14. And if We open any door for them in the heaven that they may ascend through it in the day.
15. Even then they would say, ‘Our sights have been tied, rather we have been mesmerized.’
16. And We have indeed made constellations in the heaven and have adorned it for the beholders.
17. And We have guarded it from every accursed Satan.
18. But whoever goes to hear stealthily, then he is pursued by a bright flame.
19. And We have stretched the earth and put therein anchors, and caused to grow therein everything
20. And We have provided for you therein means of livelihood and also for those you provide not for
21. And there is nothing of which there are not treasures with Us, and We do not send it down but with a known
22. And We have sent winds fecundating the clouds, then We sent down water from the heaven. Then We gave it
to you to drink, and you are not its treasurers.
23. And verily it is We, Who give life, and We Who cause death and We Who are Inheritor.
24. And We do know those who went ahead among you and We do know those who remained behind among you.
25. And verily your Lord alone will raise them on the Day of Judgment. No doubt, He is the Wise the Knowing.
26. And verily We have made man from ringing clay, which was in reality black smelling mud.
27. And We have made Jinns before from the smokeless fire.
28. And recall when your Lord said to the angels, “1 am about to create human-being from the ringing clay which
is of the black smelling mud.”
29. Then when, I had formed him and have breathed into him of My special esteemed spirit, then fall down for him
30. Then all the angels fell down prostrate together.
31. Save Iblis. He refused to be with the prostate.
32. Allah said `O Iblis, what happened to you that you did remain aloof from the prostate.’
33. He said ‘It is not befitting me that I should prostrate myself before a human being whom You have made from
the ringing clay which was of the black smelling mud.’
34. Allah said ‘Get out from the paradise, for, you are rejected.’
35. And verily there is curse upon you till the Day of Judgment.
36. He said ‘O my Lord, give me time till the Day when they are being raised.
37. Allah said ‘you are among those who are given time.
38. Till the Known Day.
39. He said ‘O my Lord, I swear of that. You led me astray, I will deceive them in the earth, and certainly I will
mislead all of them.
40. But those of them who are Your selected bondmen.
41. Allah said, ‘This path leads to me straight.’
42. Verily, over My bondmen you have no control, save those misguided ones who follow you.
43. And verily, Hell is the promised place of them all.
44. It has seven entrances. For each entrance there is an appointed portion of them.
45. No doubt, the God-fearing are in the gardens and fountains.
46. Enter them with peace, in security.
47. And We took out whatever rancorous were there in their breasts, they are brothers among each other, sitting
upon couches facing each other.
48. Neither any fatigue touches them, nor shall they be driven out there from.
49. Inform My bondmen that undoubtedly, I am the Forgiving, the Merciful.
50. And that the torment of Mine is the torment painful.
51. And tell them about Ibrahim’s guests.
52. When they came to him, they said ‘peace’. He said ‘We feel afraid of you.’
53. They said ‘do not fear, we give you glad tidings of a son possessing knowledge.’
54. He said, ‘Do you give me glad tidings inspite of the fact that old age has touched me.’ of what then you give
me the glad tidings’?
55. They said ‘We have given you the glad tidings with truth be not disappointed.’
56. He said, ‘Who is disappointed of the Mercy of his Lord but those who have gone astray.’
57. He said ‘What now is your business O Messenger.
58. They said ‘We have been sent towards a guilty people.
59. But the family of Lut We shall save them all.
60. But his wife, We have decided that she will be among those who remains, behind.
61. Then when the messengers came to the household of Lut.
62. He said, ‘Verily, you are a people stranger.’
63. They said ‘Nay, we have brought to you that in which they were doubting.
64. And We have brought to you the true Command and we are surely truthful.
65. Therefore go away with your family whilst a portion of night is left and you yourself follow then and let no one
of you look back and go straight whither you are Commanded.
66. And We made known the decision of this Commandment that the root of these infidels shall be cut off by
67. And the residents of the city came rejoicing.
68. Lut said ‘These are my guests, therefore disgrace me not.’
69. And fear Allah and defame me not.
70. They said “Had we not forbidden you, against the interference in the matter of others’.
71. He said ‘These women of my people are my daughters if you are to do.
72. ‘O beloved’ by your life, verily they are wandering about in their intoxication.
73. Then a roaring cry overtook them at sunrise.
74. Then We made the upper side of that town lower side and rained upon them stones of baked clay.
75. No doubt, in that are signs for men of sagacity.
76. And obviously that town is on the road that still exists.
77. No doubt, in that are signs for the believers.
78. And no doubt, the dwellers of the thicket were assuredly unjust.
79. Then We took vengeance on them; and no doubt both these towns lie on a manifest way.
80. And no doubt, the people of Hijr belied the messengers.
81. And We gave them Our signs, but they kept their faces away from them.
82. And they used to hew out houses in the mountains without fear.
83. Then the roaring voice overtook them in the morning.
84. Therefore their earning did not avail them.
85. And We created not the heavens and earth and whatever is between them without any purpose And no doubt’
the Hour is to come therefore pardon graciously.
86. Certainly, your Lord is alone the great Creator. The Knowing.
87. And no doubt, We gave you seven verses, which are being repeated. And the Grand Quran.
88. See not stretching your eyes the thing, We gave to their some pairs to enjoy and grieve not over them. And
took the Muslims in your wings of mercy.
89. And say ‘I am the plain warner.’ (From the torment)
90. As We have sent down on the dividers.
91. Who tore the Quran. into pieces.
92. Then by your Lord, We shall certainly question them all.
93. What they used to do.
94. Therefore say them openly what you have been Commanded, and turn away your faces from the polytheists.
95. No doubt, We suffice you against those mockers.
96. Those who set up another deity against Allah, then they will now know.
97. And We do indeed know that your heart straitens at what they say.
98. Then praising your Lord, speak glory of Him and be of those who prostrate.
99. And remains worshipping your Lord till death comes to you.
Surah Number 16: An-Nahl (The Bee)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 128
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Now comes the Command of Allah, therefore, ask not to hasten it. Holy is He and is exalted above all the
2. He sends down the angels with the spirit of faith that is the revelation on whomsoever of His bondmen He
pleases. ‘Warn that none to be worshipped save Me. then fear Me.
3. He created the heavens and earth rightly. He is far high above from their associates.
4. He created man from a purified drop; therefore, he is an open disputer.
5. And created cattle, In them, there is warm costume and there are profits, and of them, you eat.
6. And there is beauty in them for you, when you bring them back in the evening and when you leave them for
7. And they carry your loads to a city, which you could not reach but being heavily tired. No doubt, your Lord is
most Kind, Merciful.
8. And horses and mules and asses that you may ride upon them and for adornment And He will create what you
9. And the middle path is rightly upto Allah and some path is crooked. And had He willed, He would have guided
you all together.
10. It is He Who sent down water from the heaven, there is drink therefrom for you, and from which are trees by
which you pastures.
11. With this water, He causes to grow for you crops and olives and dates and grapes and fruits of every kind. No
doubt. In it, there is sign for a people who ponder.
12. And He has made subservient for you. The night and the day and the sun and the moon. And the stars are
subservient by His Command. No doubt. In it, there are signs for the wise people.
13. And that which He has created for you of various kinds in the land. No doubt. In it, there is sign for a people
14. And it is He Who has made the sea subservient for you. That you eat fresh flesh from it and bring forth from it
ornaments which you wear. And you see boats cleaving through it. And that you seek of His bounty and that
haply you may be grateful to Him.
15. And He has set up anchors in the earth. Lest it may shake with you and rivers and roads that, you may get
16. And way marks. And by the stars, they find the way.
17. Will then He who creates become like him who creates not? Do you not then accept admonition?
18. And if you count the favours of Allah, you would not be able to number them, No doubt. Allah is Forgiving,
19. And Allah knows that what you conceal and what you reveal.
20. And those whom they worship besides Allah create nothing but they are themselves created.
21. They are dead. Not alive. And they do not know nor when the people will be raised.
22. Your God is one God then those who believe not in hereafter, their hearts deny, and they are proud.
23. In fact, Allah knows what they hide and what they declare. Undoubtedly, He likes not the proud ones.
24. And when it is said to them What has your Lord sent down’ they say ‘Tales of the ancients.’
25. That they may bear their loads in full on the Day of Judgment and also some loads of those whom they misled
by their ignorance. Hear! What an evil load they bear.
26. No doubt, those before them had plotted against them, and then Allah brought down their structure from the
foundation. Then the roof fell down on them from above. And the torment came to them whence they were
27. Then on the Day of Judgment He will disgrace them and will say ‘where are those my associates, regarding
whom you used to dispute.’ The men of knowledge will say ‘today all disgrace and vice are upon the infidels.’
28. Those lives are taken out by the angels while they were wronging themselves. Now they will offer submission
that we were not doing any evil. Yes why not. Beyond doubt, Allah knows well what they used to do.
29. Now enter the gates of Hell, abide in it forever. Then what an evil abode of the proud ones.
30. And it was said to the God fearing ‘What is that your Lord sent down’ they said good for those who did good in
this world. is good And undoubtedly the home of the Hereafter is best. And necessarily, what an excellent
abode of the God fearing.
31. Gardens of abode, which they will enter. Streams running beneath, they will get Therein what they wish. Allah
thus recompenses the duty bound.
32. Those, whose lives are taken out by angles while they are pure, saying, ‘Peace be upon you.’ enter paradise for
what you did.
33. What for they are waiting, but that the angels should come to them or the torment of your Lord should come.
Thus did those before them. And Allah oppressed them not yes they wronged their own souls.
34. Then their evil earnings befell them and surrounded them that they used to mock at.
35. And the polytheists said, ‘had Allah willed, we would not have worshipped anything save Him, neither we nor
our fathers’ nor we would have forbidden anything apart from Him thus did those before them; then what is on
the messengers, but to deliver clearly.
36. And no doubt, We sent a messenger in every nation (saying) that ‘Worship Allah, and avoid the devil (Satan)
then some of them were guided by Allah and upon some of them astraying came rightly. Therefore travel in
the land and behold. How was the end of those who belied.
37. If you are eager for their guidance, then undoubtedly Allah guides not him who has been sent astray and they
have no helper.
38. And they swear by Allah with the utmost endeavor in their oaths that Allah will not raise the deadness, yes
why, the true promise is on Him but most people know not.
39. In order that He may tell them plainly that in which they used to dispute and in order that, the infidels should
know that they were liars.
40. Anything we intend, our saying to it is that We say ‘Be’ it becomes atones.
41. And those who left their homes and hearths in the way of Allah being oppressed. We shall surely give them
good place in the world. And undoubtedly, the reward of the Hereafter is much greater; anyhow, people would
42. Those who have kept patience, and rely only on their Lord..
43. And We sent not before you Any but men to whom We reveal then O people! ask the men of knowledge if you
44. With clear arguments and Books. And O’ Beloved! We sent down to you the Remembrance that you may
explain to people what was sent down to them and that haply they may ponder.
45. Do then, those who devise evil plans not fear that Allah may sink them in the earth, or the torment may come
to them from whence they know not?
46. Or that He may seize them while going to and fro, because they can not tire Him.
47. Or that He may catch them by a process of slow wastage. No doubt, your Lord is very Kind, Merciful.
48. And have they not observed that whatever Allah has made, their shadows turn right and left prostrating to
Allah and they are abased before Allah?
49. And to Allah, prostrate all that is in the heavens and all that are crawling in the earth and the angels (too) and
they do not boast.
50. They fear their Lord above them and do what they are commanded. [^] (SAJDA) 3.
51. And Allah has said take not two gods.’ He is only one God to be worshipped and therefore fear Me alone.
52. And whatever is in the heavens and earths His only and only His obedience is incumbent. Will you then fear
any other than Allah?
53. And whatever good thing you have is all from Allah then touches you for shelter.
54. Then when He removes evil from you, then a group of you begins to associate others with their Lord.
55. That they may be ungrateful to what Good, We have bestowed them. Then enjoy a little, but soon you will
come to know.
56. And they appoint a portion out of what We have provided them for unknown things. By Allah’. You are surely
to be questioned as to what you used to forge.
57. And they appoint daughters for Allah, Holy is He, and for themselves, they have what they desire.
58. And when the good tiding of the birth of a daughter is conveyed to any of them, then his face remains black all
along the day, and he suppresses his anger.
59. He hides himself from the people, because of the evil of this good tiding. Shall he keep it with disgrace or bury
it in the dust? Lo! very bad, they judge.
60. The condition of those who believe not in the Hereafter is evil one’ and the glory of Allah is Loftiest. And He is
the Honorable, Wise.
61. And if Allah would have seized people for their wrong doings, then He would have left no crawling creature on
earth, but He defers them till a time fixed, then when their term will come, they can not remain behind a single
hour, nor can they go ahead of it.
62. And they appoint for Allah what they themselves dislike and their tongues tell lie that for them is good. Then
undoubtedly, for them is the fire. And they are the persons who have crossed the limit.
63. By Allah’ We have sent messengers to many nations before you, then the devil (Satan) made their works
beautiful in their eyes so he is their companion this day and for them is the torment painful.
64. And We have not sent down this Book to you but in order that you may make clear to them that about which
they differ, and a guidance and mercy for the believers.
65. And Allah sent down water from the heaven then gave life to earth by it after its death. Undoubtedly, there is a
sign in it for those who have ears.
66. And no doubt, there is a lesson for you in the cattle. We give you to drink of what is in their bellies from
between the dung and blood, milk pure easy to swallow for the drinkers.
67. And of the fruits of date palms and the grapes, you make therefrom a non-alcoholic drink and a good provision.
Undoubtedly, in it, there is a sign for a people of wisdom.
68. And your Lord inspired the bee that makes houses in the hills and in the trees and in the roofs.
69. Then eat of every kind of fruit, and walk the ways of your Lord that is smooth and easy for you. There comes
out from their bellies a drink of varied colors in which there is healing for the people Undoubtedly in it there is
sign for those who ponder.
70. Allah has created you. Then He will cause you to die. And some of you are turned towards the worst part of
life. So that they know not after having knowledge. No doubt. Allah is All Knowing. All Doing.
71. And Allah has preferred one over the other in the means of subsistence. Then those who have been preferred
will not divert their means of subsistence to their hand maid slaves. So that they all should become equal in it.
Do they then deny the blessing of Allah?
72. And Allah has made for you women from among your selves and created for you from your women, sons, and
grandsons and provided you with clean things. Do they then believe in false-hood and deny the favour of
73. And they worship beside Allah such, which have no power to give any provision from the heavens and earth,
nor can they do anything.
74. Then set not similitudes for Allah. No doubt, Allah knows and you know not.
75. Allah explained an example, that there is a slave, a property of the other, having himself no power, and there
is one whom We have provided from Ourselves with good provision, then he spends out of it secretly and
openly whether they will be equal? All praise belongs to Allah. But most of them know not.
76. And Allah explained an example, there are two men, one dumb who can do nothing and is a burden over his
master wherever he sends him, he brings to him no good. Will he be equal to him who orders Justice and he is
himself on the straight path?
77. And for Allah is the secret thing of heavens and earth. And the matter of the Hour is not but as twinkling of the
eye but even nearer than. No doubt’ Allah can do everything.
78. And Allah has created you from the wombs of your mothers while you knew nothing, and gave you ears and
eyes and hearts so that you may be grateful.
79. Have they not seen the birds tied to order in the firmament of the heaven, none hold them save Allah? No
doubt, in it there is sign for those who believe.
80. And Allah gave you houses for habitation, and made for you of the skins of cattle some houses which are light
for the day you travel and for the day you stay at stage, and from their wool and fur and hair some household
goods and the things of use for a time.
81. And Allah gave you shades out of things He made, and made for you shelters in the mountains, and made for
you some garments to protect you from heat and some garments to protect you in fighting. Thus does He
complete His favour on you, that you may submit to His Command.
82. Then if they turn away their faces then. O beloved, there is nothing upon you but to deliver clearly.
83. They recognize the favour of Allah, then they deny it and most of them are infidels.
84. And the day when We shall raise a witness from every nation, then the infidels will neither be permitted nor
shall they be pleased.
85. And when the wrongdoers will see the torment, and then it shall not be lightened from them nor will they get
86. And when those who associated partners will see their associates, they will say, ‘O our Lord! These are our
associates whom we used to worship besides You. Then they will throw back at them the word that
undoubtedly, you are liars.
87. And they will fell submissively to Allah on that day and what they used to forge will be lost from them.
88. Those who disbelieved and debarred from the path of Allah We increased torment upon torment, the
recompense of their mischief.
89. And the day when We shall raise a witness in every community from amongst themselves that they may give
evidence against them and O beloved! We shall bring you as a witness against all those. And We have sent
down this Quran on you in which every thing is clearly explained and as guidance and mercy and good tidings
for the Muslims.
90. Undoubtedly, Allah bids justice and good doing and giving to kindred and forbids indecency and wicked things
and rebellion. He admonishes you that you may be mindful.
91. And fulfil the covenant of Allah when you have made the covenant, and break not the oaths after making them
fast, and you have already made Allah a surety upon you. No doubt, Allah knows your work.
92. And be not like that woman who has broken her yarn into pieces, after it has become strong. You make our
oaths an unreal excuse amongst yourselves so that one community may not be more numerous than another
community. Allah tries you thereby. And necessarily, He will make clear to you on the Day of Judgment as to
what you used to dispute.
93. And if Allah had willed, He would have made you a single nation but Allah leads astray whom He pleases and
guides whom He pleases. And necessarily, you will be asked of your works.
94. And do not make your oaths as unfounded excuse amongst yourselves lest any foot may slip after its being
made firm and you may have to taste evil for you used to hinder from the path of Allah and a great torment
descend on you.
95. And take not a little price for the covenant of Allah undoubtedly, that which is with Allah is better for you if you
96. What is with you will be exhausted and what is with Allah is to remain forever. And certainly We shall give to
those who are patient that reward befitting to their best work.
97. Whoever works good, male or female and be a Muslim, then certainly We shall make him live a good life and
necessarily We shall give them their reward befitting to their best work.
98. Then when you recite Quran, ask refuge of Allah from the devil (Satan) the rejected one.
99. No doubt, he has no control over those who believe and have trust in their Lord.
100. He has his control over those who befriend him and those who set associates with Him.
101. And when We exchange one verse for the other and Allah knows well what he. Sends down, the infidels say,
‘you make it on your own.’ But most of them know not.
102. Say ‘The Holy spirit has brought it down from your Lord with truth, that He may make firm the believers and as
a guidance and glad tidings to the Muslims.’
103. And undoubtedly, We know that they say ‘It is only ‘a man who teaches him. The tongue of him towards whom
they hint at is foreign and this is clear Arabic language.
104. No doubt, those who believe not in the verses of Allah, Allah guides them not and for them is the painful
105. It is only those who believe not in the verses of Allah forge lies and they are the liars.
106. Whoso denies Allah after believing in Him save him who is compelled and his heart is firm in belief, yes whoso
becomes infidel with open heart, upon them is the wrath of Allah and for them is the great torment.
107. It is because they knew the life of the world more pleasing than the life of the Hereafter, and because Allah
guides not (such) infidels.
108. These are they upon whose hearts and ears and eyes Allah has set a seal and it is they lying heedlessly.
109. Undoubtedly, in the Here after it is they the losers.
110. Then no doubt, your Lord, for them who left their homes after being tortured, then they struggled and
remained patient, no doubt, your Lord thereafter is necessarily Forgiving, Merciful.
111. The day when every soul will come disputing towards itself; and every soul shall be paid in full for what it did
and they shall not be wronged.
112. And Allah explained a saying of a town, which was safe and satisfied. Its provision came in abundance from all
sides, then it began showing un-thank fullness to the blessings of Allah. Then Allah made it to taste this
punishment that it was caused to wear the garment of hunger and fear, the recompense of what they did.
113. And no doubt, a messenger came to them from amongst themselves then they belied him, then the torment
seized them and they were unjust.
114. Then eat out of the provisions of Allah lawful and clean and be thankful of the blessing of Allah if you worship
115. He has made unlawful to you only these, the dead, and the blood. And the flesh of swine, and that upon which
other than God’s name has been pronounced at the time of slaughter then who is helpless neither desiring nor
exceeding the limit’ then no doubt, Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
116. And say not what your tongues tell falsely this is lawful and this is unlawful so that you may forge lie against
Allah. No doubt, those who forge lie against Allah, they will not prosper.
117. There is a short enjoyment and for them is the painful torment.
118. And We made specially unlawful to the Jews those things which We have already related to you, and We
oppressed them not yes they used to wrong their own souls.
119. Then undoubtedly, your Lord to those who commit evil ignorantly, then repent thereafter and get corrected. No
doubt, your Lord thereafter is necessarily Forgiving. Merciful.
120. No doubt, Ibrahim was a Leader, obedient to Allah and separate from all other and was not a polytheist
121. Thankful to His Blessings Allah chose him and showed him the straight path.
122. And We gave him good, in the world. And undoubtedly, in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.
123. Then We revealed to you that follow the faith of Ibrahim who was separate from all falsehood and was not a
124. The Saturday (Sabbath) as imposed only upon those who differed in it. And undoubtedly your, Lord will judge
between them on the Day of Judgment about that in which they differed.
125. Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good admonition and argue with them in a way that is best. No
doubt. Your Lord knows well who has strayed from His way and He knows well those who are guided.
126. And if you give punishment then punish them to the extent they had afflicted you, and if you be patient, then
undoubtedly, patience is best ‘for those who are patient.
127. And O beloved! Be patient and your patience is because of Allah and grieve not for them and be not strained
because of their plots.
128. No doubt, Allah is with those who fear and do good.
Surah Number 17: Al-Isrâ` or Bani Israil (The Night Journey or The Children of Israil)
Revealed at: Makkah
Total Verses: 111
ALLAH in the name of The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Holy is He Who carried His bondman by night from the sacred Mosque to the Aqsa Mosque (Aqsa) around
which We have put blessings that We might show him Our grand signs. No doubt, He is the Hearing, the
2. And We gave Musa the Book and made it a guidance to the children of Israel that take not any other as
disposer of affairs besides Me.
3. O! You the offspring of those whom We bore with Nuh. No doubt. He was a great thankful by man.
4. And We revealed to the children of Israel in the Book that certainly, you shall create mischief in the earth for
the second time and necessarily you shall be proud excessively.
5. Then when the promise of first time came to them, We sent against you Our bondmen as the strong warrior,
then they entered into the cities for your search, and it was a promise to be fulfilled.
6. Then We made your attack turned over them and helped you with wealth and sons and increased your band in
7. If you will do good’ will do for yourself and if you will do bad, it will be for you. Then when the promise of the
second time came that the enemies might deface your faces, and enter into the Mosque as they had entered it
first time and may destroy utterly whatsoever may fall under their power.
8. It is near that y our Lord may show His Mercy over you’ and if you again create mischief, then We shall again
turn towards Our torment. And We have made the Hell a prison for the infidels.
9. No doubt, this Quran shows that path which is straightest and gives good tidings to the believers who do good
deeds that they shall have a great reward.
10. And that those who do not believe in the Hereafter, We have prepared for them a painful torment.
11. And the man prays for bad as he prays for good. And ‘ the man is very hasty.
12. And We made night and day, as two signs, then put the signs of the night blotted and the sign of the day
shining. that you may seek grace of Allah and that you may know the numbering of years, and the reckoning.
And We have explained well every thing separately.
13. And We have tied to his neck the destiny of every man. And We shall bring out for him on the Day of
Judgement a writing, which he will find wide open.
14. It will be said to him, ‘read your book. Today you yourself are good for your reckoning.
15. Whosoever came to guidance, he came to guidance for his own good, and whosoever strayed, he strayed for
his own evil. And no soul-bearing burden will bear the burden of another. And We are not to torment until We
have sent a messenger.
16. And when We intend to destroy any town, We send Our Commands to its well-to-do people, then they disobey
therein, then the word is fulfilled on them, and then We destroy it with complete ruination.
17. And many a generation We have destroyed after Nuh. And your Lord is sufficient as being Aware and Seer of
the sins of His bondmen.
18. Whosoever desires this hastily world, We soon give him in it whatever We please to whom We intend; then We
assign to him the hell, wherein he will enter despised, being kicked.
19. And whosoever intends the Hereafter and strives therefor as it should be striven for and he is a believer, then
their striving succeeded.
20. We do extend Our help to all, these as well as those out of the bestowing of your Lord. And there is no check
on the bestowing of your Lord.
21. See you! How We have preferred one to the other? And without doubt, the Hereafter is greatest in degrees and
greatest in preferment.
22. ‘O listener! Set up not another god with Allah lest you will remain sitting down despised and helpless.
23. And your Lord Commanded that worship not any else excepts Him and does good to parents. If either or both
of them reach old age before you, utter not even a faint cry to them and chide them not and speak to them the
word of respect.
24. And spread for them the arm of humility with tender heart and say, ‘O my Lord; have mercy on these both as
they both brought me up in my childhood.’
25. Your Lord knows well what is in your hearts, if you be righteous, then no doubt. He is Forgiving to those who
26. And give kinsmen their right and to the needy and the traveler and spend not extravagantly.
27. No doubt, the extravagants are the brothers of the Devils (Satan). And the devil is very ungrateful to his Lord.
28. If you turn your face from them in seeking the mercy of your Lord for which you have hope, then speak to
them a gentle word.
29. And keep not your hand tied with your neck, nor open it completely lest you sit down, blamed, tired.
30. No doubt, your Lord extends the provision for whom He pleases and He straitens. No doubt, He knows well,
sees His bondmen.
31. And kill not your children for fear of poverty; We shall provide them and you too. No doubt, their murder is a
32. And approach not adultery, undoubtedly that is immodesty and a very vile path.
33. And kill not any soul. Which Allah has forbidden without right. And whoso is killed without right, then
undoubtedly We have given authority to his heirs, but he should not exceed the limit in killing. Necessarily he is
to be helped.
34. And approach not the property of the orphan, but by a way, which is best. Until he reaches his maturity and
fulfils the promise, undoubtedly the promise is to be questioned of.
35. And measure full when you measure. And weigh with an even balance. This is better and its end is good.
36. And go not after that thing of which you know not. No doubt, the ear and the eye and the heart all are to be
37. And walk not in the earth boastfully, undoubtedly, you shall never cleave the earth, and shall never reach to
the mountains in the height.
38. The evil thing of all these is not liked by your Lord.
39. This is of those revelations, which your Lord has sent to you of wisdom. And O listener; set not another god
with Allah lest you be thrown in the hell taunted, being kicked.
40. Has your Lord picked you for sons and made for Himself daughters from the angels? No doubt, you speak
41. And no doubt, We explained in this Quran variedly that they might understand. And nothing is increased in
them by it but hatted.
42. Say you, ‘If there had been other gods with Him as they say, then they would have sought out any way
towards the Owner of the Throne.
43. Holy and Exalted is He, He is High above of what they say.
44. The seven heavens and earth and whoever is in it speak of His Glory. And there is nothing, which might not
speak of His Glory praising Him; yes you understand not their glorification. No doubt, He is Forbearing,
45. And O beloved! When you recited Quran, We placed between you and those who do not believe in the
Hereafter a hidden veil.
46. And We have put coverings over their hearts lest they should understand it and in their ears a heaviness. And
when you remember in Quran your Lord alone, they run away fuming their back hatefully.
47. We know well for what they hear, when they put their ears towards you and when they counsel together when
the unjust say, ‘you follow not but such a man who has been enchanted.’
48. See, how they have profounded similitudes for you, then they have gone astray that they cannot get a way.
49. And say, what! When we shall become bones and broken particles, shall we be raised really as new creation?
50. Say you, be stones or iron.
51. Or any other creation which may be bigger in your thinking, then now they will say, ‘Who will create us again.
Say you, ‘He Who created’ you for the first time, now then they will say shaking their heads, jesting towards
you, when it is,’ Say you, ‘perhaps it may be near.’
52. The day when He will call you, then you will come praising Him and will think that you tarried not but little.
53. And say to My bondmen that they should speak that which is best. No doubt, the devil (Satan) provokes strife
among them. Verily the devil is an open enemy to man.
54. Your Lord knows you well, He will have mercy upon you if He please, or He will torment you if He please. And
We have not sent you as guardian over them.
55. And your Lord knows well those that are in the heavens and in the earth. And undoubtedly’ We preferred one
over the other in prophets and gave to Daud a Scripture (Zaboor).
56. Say you, ‘call them whom you think besides Allah. then they have no authority to remove affliction from you
nor to avert it.
57. Those chosen bondmen whom these infidels worship, they themselves seek access towards their Lord that who
is nearer to Him in them, they hope for His mercy and fear His torment. No doubt. The torment of your Lord is
a thing to be feared.
58. And there is no town but that We shall destroy it before the Day of Judgement or will torment it severely. This
is written down in the Book.
59. And We abstained from sending such signs because the former people belied them. And We gave to Thamud a
she camel as an eye-opener. Then they wronged her, And We send not such signs but to frighten.
60. And when We said to you, ‘all are under the control of your Lord.’ And We made ‘not the vision which We had
showed you but as a test for the people and also the tree upon which there is curse in Quran. And We frighten
them; then nothing increases them but a great c