Changing Edit Language:
- Open Excel and click on “Tools” in the top menu bar.
- Select “Language” from the drop-down menu.
- Restart the application for the changes to take effect.
Modifying System Language:
- Click on the Apple icon and choose “System Preferences.”
- Go to “Language & Region” in the System Preferences window.
- Add the preferred language using the plus icon.
- Select the added language and click on “Add” to confirm.
- Choose “Use the language you chose” in the pop-up.
- Close the window and select “Restart Now” to apply the changes.
After adjusting the system language, reopen Excel to utilize the updated language settings.
In today’s lesson, we will teach you how to change language in Excel 2019 for macOS.
Open Excel app. Click on Tools at the top menu bar and select ‘language’ from the list. Restart the app. This way we changed the edit language. Edit language is used to type and edit the content. Basically, it’s the language of the keyboard.
Let’s move on.
Click on the apple icon at the top menu bar. Select ‘System preferences’ from the list. Go to Language & Region. Click on the plus icon to add the language. Select the language you need and click on Add. You will get the pop-up, click on Use the language you chose. Close the window and click on ‘Restart now’.
This way we changed the system language, because Office apps use system language for its interface. Open the app and enjoy.