Brief Biography – Huzoor Mufti Azam e Hind (Alaihir Rahma)
Birth: 22nd Zilhajj 1310
Name : Muhammad Mustafa Raza
Title: Hadrat Mufti-e-Azam
Father: Aala Hadrat Imam Ahmed Raza Khan
Murshid: Hadrat Abul Hussain Ahmad-e-Noori
1328 Hijri: Completion of Studies at the age of 18
1328 Hijri: Issued First Fatawa
1329 Hijri: Nikah
1336 Hijri: Establishment of Jamaat-e-Raza-e- Mustafa
1339 Hijri: Appointment as Head Mufti
1342 Hijri: Five Hundred Thousand Hindus accept
Islam at his hands
1343 Hijri: Sent a Delegation to Bihar and Orrisa with the mission of Islam
1354 Hijri: A Collection of his Naats Samaan-e- Bakhshish published
1359 Hijri: Establishment of Darul Uloom Mazhar- e-Islam
1359 Hijri: Journeyed all over India preaching against increasing infidelity
1368 Hijri: Plan to compile course in Urdu studies
1386 Hijri: Teaching of Ifta to his grandson Hadrat Akhtar Raza Khan Qibla
1396 Hijri: Fatawa against Nasbandi vasectomy and refuted Indira Gandhi
1402 Hijri: Travelled into the hereafter on the eve of 14th Muharram
14th MuHarram al-Haraam – Hadrat Mufti-e-Aazam Imam Mustafa Rida Noori al-Qadiri Alaihir Rahmah
Imam Mustafa Rida Noori al-Qadiri Alaihir Rahmah
Ghawth al-Waqt Mufti A’zam Qutbe-‘Alam ‘Arife-Billah Aalur-Rahman Muhiyy al-Din Jilani Imam Mustafa Riha al-Qadiri Barakati Noori Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was born on 22 Zil-Hajj 1310 in Bareilly Sharif, U.P., India. He was the youngest son of Qutbul-Irshad Imam al-Akbar A’la-HaDrat Imam AHmad Rida al-Qadiri Barkati Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho the Mujdaddid of the 14th Century.
His ancestor, Shuja’at Jung Muhammad Sa’idullah Khan, accompanied Sultan Nadir Sha Abdali in 1739 AD on his first political expedition to Hindustan. Nadir Sha returned to Afghanistan but Shuja’at Jung Muhammad Sa’idullah Khan Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho decided to settle in Hindustan. In later years (between 1739 and 1748 AD), Sultan Muhammad Sha (d. 1748 AD), King of Delhi officially appointed him to the rank of Shash-Hazari. This was indeed a very elite post in the Moghal Empire which was only entrusted to one of Royal Descent. The Moghal King also gave him The Glass Palace of Lahore and some districts in Rampur as his Jageer .
Later, by Divine Command, General Muhammad Sa’idullah Khan Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho settled in Bareilly which was then known as the capital of the famous Rohelkand District of the empire.
The following ancestral tree of Hazrat Mufti A’zam Imam Mustafa Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was carefully constructed from the authentic Books of Genealogy and meticulously scrutinized with references to other books in this field. The ancestors were compared with dates and periods found in books written by Historians who were masters in this field. The following points were noted before compiling the Ancestral Tree:
– Preference was given to books compiled by Historians of Afghan descent/origin as they knew their descendants better than others.
– Furthermore, amongst the Afghani Historians, preference was given to Historians that belonged to the Bar’hech Tribe as the Ghawth al- Waqt Imam Mustafa Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho belonged to the Bar’hech Tribe.
– There is not much dispute in the Chain of the Ancestral Tree from Sayyiduna Nabi Adam Alaihis Salam to Sayyiduna Nabi IsHaq Alaihis Salam.
– The chain of the Family Tree from Sayyiduna Nabi Ishaq Alaihis Salam to Hadrat Malik Taloot Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was extracted according to the citation found in the books of authors who belonged to the Bar’hech Tribe. This was so because people of a Tribe will have more genuine information of their ancestors in relation to others of different tribes.
– There is a consensus in Books of Ancestral Trees from Hadrat Malik Taloot Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho up to Sayyiduna Qais Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho and so is the case from Sayyiduna ‘Abdur-Rashid to Bar’hech.
– From Bar’hech till Hadrat Shuja’at Jang Muhammad Sa’eedullah Khan the genealogy was extracted from Khulasatul-Ansab, Akhbar al-Sanadid, and Bustan-e-Hikmat, whose authors are not only Afghanis but belonged to the Bar’hech Tribe.
This is how cautiously this Family Tree from Sayyiduna Nabi Adam Alaihis Salam till Ghawth al-Waqt, Hadrat Mufti A’zam Qutbe-‘Alam’s Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was constructed. The Ancestral Tree is as follows:
Imam Mustafa Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Mujaddid Imam AHmad Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Ra’isul-Atqiya Imam MuHammad Naqi ‘Ali Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o ‘Arife-Billah Imam RiDa ‘Ali Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Mawlana Hafiz Kazim ‘Ali Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Mawlana Sha MuHammad A’zam Khan Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Mawlana MuHammad Sa’adat Yaar Khan Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Shuja’at Jung MuHammad Sa’idullah Khan Bhadur Qandhari Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o ‘Abdur-Rahman Khan Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Yusuf Khan Qandhari Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Dawlat Khan s/o Badal Khan s/o Da’ood Khan s/o Bar’hech Khan s/o Sharfud-Deen ‘Urf Shar’haboon s/o Ibra’him ‘Urf Sard’bun s/o Sayyiduna Qais Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Sahabi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o ‘Ays Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Salool Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o ‘Utba Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Na’eem Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Marra s/o Malik Jalandar s/o Malik Askandar Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Zaman s/o ‘Unais s/o Bah’lool s/o Sa’lam s/o SalaH s/o Qaroon s/o Nasr s/o Ashmu’ail s/o Na’eem s/o Akram s/o Ash’ath Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho s/o Sharood s/o Makhal s/o Nusrat s/o Qalaj s/o Sher s/o ‘Atham s/o Faylool s/o Karam s/o ‘Amaal s/o Hudayfa s/o Mat’hal s/o Qabal s/o ‘Ilm or ‘Aleem s/o Ash’mool s/o Haroon s/o Qamar s/o Abi s/o Su’heb s/o Talal s/o Lu’ee s/o ‘Ameel s/o Taraj s/o Arzand s/o Mandool s/o Saleem or Sa’lam s/o Afghana s/o Sarad al-Muqallab bi Malik Taloot s/o Qais s/o ‘Utbah s/o Talas s/o Ru’ail s/o Yahoodah s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Ya’qoob Alaihis Salam s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Ishaq Alaihis Salam s/o Khaleelullah Sayyiduna Nabi Ibra’him Alaihis Salam s/o Ta’rikh s/o Makhood or NaHoor s/o Shuroo’ or Ash’ragh s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Hood Alaihis Salam s/o ‘Abir s/o Sha’lakh s/o Araf’khashad s/o Saam s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Nooh Alaihis Salam [age: 1400 years] s/o La’lak [age:780 years] s/o Malik Matla’shakh [age: 900 years] s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Idris Alaihis Salam s/o Bayarad s/o Mahla’heel s/o Qay’nan s/o Anoosh s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Sheeth Alaihis Salam [age: 912 years] s/o Sayyiduna Nabi Adam Alaihis Salam [age: 900 years]
Hadrat Mufti A’zam, Qutbe-‘Alam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho belonged to the Afghani Bar’hech Tribe which was of Royal Descent. This was indeed a very respectable and noble tribe in Afghanistan. Great ‘Ulama and Masha’ikh hailed from this dignified tribe whose Mazars is still a center of solace and spiritual enlightenment for the people both in Afghanistan and Hindustan. A separate detailed book can be written about these great dignitaries. Since this is a very brief introduction of the Imam, therefore no details will be recorded herein. However, an important point to note is that in the ancestry of Ghawth al-Waqt Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, there are eight Prophets and one SaHabi. The Prophets are:
1) Sayyiduna Nabi Ya’qoob Alaihis Salam
2) Sayyiduna Nabi IsHaq Alaihis Salam
3) Khalilullah Sayyiduna Nabi Ibra’him Alaihis Salam
4) Sayyiduna Nabi Hood Alaihis Salam
5) Sayyiduna Nabi Nooh Alaihis Salam
6) Sayyiduna Nabi Idris Alaihis Salam
7) Sayyiduna Nabi Sheeth Alaihis Salam
8) Sayyiduna Nabi Adam Alaihis Salam
The one Sahabi is Sayyiduna Qais Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. He is the 43rd descendant of Afghana and 45th descendant of Hadrat Malik Taloot. Qais bin ‘Ays lived in the mountainous terrains of Ghoul. In one of the Expeditions of Sayyiduna Khalid ibn Walid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, he became interested in Islam. So he took some of the leaders of Afghanistan and went to Madina al-Munawwara. They met the beloved Prophet of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala and immediately accepted Islam on his sacred hands. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam then said to him:”Qais is a Hebrew word and I am an Arab. The Prophet of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala gave him the Islamic name ‘Abdur-Rashid. The Habib Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam further said: “You are the Awlad of Malik Taloot whom ALLAH Subhanuhu wa Ta’ala blessed with the title of Malik (King). In the future, you too will be remembered with the title of Malik.” This is how he got the title of Malik from the office of Prophethood.
It was in the Madinan period that the Beloved Nabi Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam was planning for the conquest of Makka and appointed Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid and the other Afghani SaHabi as the lead of the secret service scouts of the army led by Sayyiduna Khalid ibn Walid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. The Afghani Mujahids displayed their astonishing bravery in the battle of Makka. Sayyiduna Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho himself killed 70 Kuf’far in this battle. His role and bravery in this war brought great joy to the heart of the Beloved Prophet Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam who predicted that a great family will emerge from the off-springs of this Sahabi. They will be steadfast on religion and will strengthen the Din of Islam like Bataan (conqueror with great bravery or Military Advisor). It was the effects of this Du’a of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam that great ‘Ulama and Masha’ikh were born in the lineage of Sayyiduna Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. To name a few, some of the stars in the firmament of excellence were the great Mujaddid, Ala-Hadrat Imam Ahmad Raza al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, and his son, Ghawth al-Zaman Mufti A’zam Imam Mustafa Rida al-Qadiri Noori Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. Their services to the Din is known to the Muslim World and precisely the manifestations of the Du’as of the Beloved Prophet of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala.
Since the Beloved Nabi’s Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam Du’a for the Awlad of Sayyiduna Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was that they will strengthen the Din and their strength will be like Bataan, from that day on he became famous by the title of “Bataan”. This word Bataan in later days changed to the present-day name “Pathaan”. Eventually, the Awlad of Sayyiduna Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho then became synonymous with the word Pathaan. This is how the word Pataan can into existence. Sayyiduna Malik ‘Abdur-Rashid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho married Mutahira, the daughter of Sayyiduna Khalid ibn Walid Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, and he passed away at the age of 87 years.
However, Imam Ahmad Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho obeyed the command of the Qutb who was not only his Peer-Bhai but also his Teacher, and immediately left for Bareilly. He reached Bareilly the same day and was delighted to see his newborn son. Imam Ahmad Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho inquired about the time of the son’s birth and it was confirmed that it was the exact time that the Qutb Sayyid ‘Arife-Noori Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, had intercepted when leaving the Musjid after Salatuz-Zuhr in Marehra. SubhanAllah! What precise perception is bestowed upon the beloved servants of ALLAH Subhanuhu wa Ta’ala!
The noble Imam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho then kissed his son on the forehead, hugged him to his chest, and said: “Welcome, O perfect Wali!” The arrival of this son brought great joy to all in the household because many daughters were born in his home after the first son, Hujjatul-Islam Mawlana Hamid Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. There was an 18-year gap between the first son and the new arrival. Everyone in the family was so overjoyed that they celebrated his arrival for many months.
– And secondly, A’la-Hadrat was a great ‘Arif and an ‘Arif’s vision is always focused on the LouH-e-MaHfooz (Sacred Tablet of Records). The great Imam and ‘Arif noticed the physical life u of his son on the LouH-e-MaHfiz which was 92 years and kept his name, Muhammad. The Ghawth, Hadrat Mufti A’zam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho passed away in 1981 at the age of 92. According to numerology and the Abjad Formula calculation, the numerical value of the word Muhammad is 92. It was only after the demise of Hadrat Mufti A’zam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho that this secret and Karamat of Imam AHmad RiDa Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was understood by the people. The word complimented his son’s love for the Master Sayyiduna Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam and its numerical value complimented his age u as Divinely pre-destined on the LouH-e-MaHfooz.
HIS BAY’AH AND KHILAFAT
1) Qadiriyyah Barkatiyyah Jadidah
2) Qadiriyyah Aba’iyyah Qadimah
3) Qadiriyyah Hidayiyyah
4) Qadiriyyah Raz’zaqiyyah
5) Qadiriyyah Mansooriyyah
6) Chishtiyyah Nizamiyyah Qadimah
7) Chishtiyyah MaHboobiyyah Jadididah
8) Suhrawardiyyah WaHidiyyah
9) Suhrawardiyyah FaDiliyyah
10) Naqshabandiyyah ‘Ula’iyyah Siddiqiyyah
11) Naqshabandiyyah ‘Ula’iyyah ‘Ulawiyyah
13) ‘Uluwiyyah Manamiyyah
After blessing this child with all these lofty stations, the Murshid al-Kaamil’ala Anho then placed the child on the lap of Ala-Hadrat Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho and said: “Mubarak to you! The Tafsir of the Ayahوَجَعَللِّىوَزِيراًمِناَهلِىhas now filled your lap.”
This is how the first chapter of this future Ghawth of the Sublime Lord Azzawajal began and at a tender age of 6 months and 3 days he was introduced to this Ummah. After the completion of his external studies, Hadrat Mufti A’zam Qutb al-‘Alam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho perfected the mystical sciences and Sulook under the Spiritual Guidance of his Murshid al-Kamil Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho.
After the completion of the recitation of the Holy Qur’an, Ala-Hadrat Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho then handed him over to the able teachers of teachers [Ustaz al-‘Ulama], Hadrat Mawlana Raham Ilahi Manglori al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho to study the elementary books of the ‘Alim course. After teaching him for a few months, he said to Imam Ahmad Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho: “I am indeed honored to teach this future giant of Islam. Your son is a Wali and it is not possible for me to perfect him. It is only your personality that can fulfill this difficult task. However, I will do my utmost best to teach him as much as I can which for me is not an easy task. I am dumbfounded at his memory and intellect.”
Ghawth al-Waqt, Mufti al-A’zam Qutb al-‘Alam, Imam Mustafa Rida al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho completed his external studies under 5 Masters. They were as follows:
1) His Father, Imam al-Akbar Ala-Hadrat Imam Ahmad Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
2) His elder brother, Hujjatul-Islam Mawlana Hamid Rida al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
3) The Teacher of Teachers, Hadrat Mawlana Raham Ilahi Mang’lori Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
4) Shaykh al-‘Ulama ‘Allama Sayyid Bashir Ahmad ‘Aligari Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
5) Shams al-‘Ulama Hadrat Mawlana Zuhoor al-Hasan Farooqi Rampuri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
In 1328/1910, at the young age of 18 years, Hadrat Mufti al-A’zam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho had mastered 36 sciences of knowledge. Thereafter, for the next 13 years (1328 to 1340) he sat with his illustrious father, the Mujaddid and Qutbul-Irshad Imam Ahmad Rida Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, and mastered the science of Islamic Law (Fiqa).
HIS DEVOTION AND ‘IBADAH
The Soofi Master Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho then mentioned to us of a horrifying experience he had when he was a young boy of about 12 years. At that time the Ghawth, Hadrat Mufti al-A’zam Qutb al-‘Alam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was in Marehra Sharif for the Ziyarat of his Peer-o-Murshid’s Mazar. It was about 3 p.m. when his brother, the ‘Arif, Sayyid al-‘Ulama Hadrat Sayyid Ale-Mustafa al-Husaini al-Qadiri Barkati Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho said to him; “Hasan Mia! It’s late and Hadrat has not eaten lunch as yet. Go and see where he is and bring him for lunch.” I (Sayyid Hasan Mia) immediately went to his room and did not find him there. I inquired from some people sitting outside the room and they mentioned that Hadrat went to the Musjid for Zuhr Salah and not returned as yet. So I went to the Musjid which was totally empty and found the inner section doors closed. As I opened the door, I was horrified to find the body of the Ghawth in pieces and every piece of his body was bouncing on the floor reading “ALLAH ALLAH”. I had never seen anything like this before and it had such an impact on me that I instantly became feverish and ran out of the Musjid crying straight to my brother (Sayyid al-‘Ulama). I was hysterical and he grabbed me and asked: “What is the matter? Why are you crying?” All I could tell him in that state of terror was that someone had killed Hadrat in the Musjid. My brother was a great Soofi himself and felt my temperature and understood what had happened. He began praying on me until my condition normalized. After a while, we saw Hadrat coming out of the Musjid and I was now even more confused as he was in a perfectly normal state.
However, after some time Sayyid al-‘Ulama Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho explained to me about my experience and said: “Hadrat Mufti al- A’zam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho is a great ‘Amil of Sultan ul-Azkar. When you saw his state in the Musjid, he was engrossed in this very Dhikr. He is the pride of our Barkati family and the coolness of the eyes of our grandfather Hadrat Noori Dada Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho.”
He consulted with the most senior Jurist of the Muslim World, the great ‘Arif Billah, Qutb al-‘Alam, Muftī al-A’zam, Imam Mustafa RīDa al-QaDirī Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho and requested him for an Islamic ruling (Fatwa) on the Hajj Tax. The Grand Mufti issued an Islamic decree in the Arabic language condemning the Hajj Tax as un-Islamic which was later published by the title:
“Tard al-Shaytan ‘un Sabil al-RaHman al-Mulakkab bi ‘Omdat al-Bayan fi Hurmate Koshan”.
This Fatwa was acknowledged and ratified by many giants of the Islamic World, namely Sadr al-Afadil Mawlana Sayyid Na’īmudīn Muradabadī Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, Sadr al-Shari’ah Mawlana Amjad ‘Ali al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, etc.
Mawlana ‘Abd al-‘Alim Siddiqui Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho took this Fatwa and set out to meet with the King in Hijaz and debated the Hajj Tax and presented the Fatwa. The Fatwa of Hadrat Mufti al-A’zam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho convinced the Wahabi Clergies and the King then abolished the Hajj Tax, but unfortunately, the Saudi authorities later reinstated this un-Islamic Tax to exploit the pilgrims to the Holy Land.
Ghawth al-Waqt Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho was also a celebrated Poet and the collection of his poetry has been published under the title of Saman-e-Bakh’shish which is widely read internationally.
It is amazing to note that wherever you find Sunni Muslims in the world, you ought to find someone amongst them doing work for the Ahle-Sunnah who is either a Mureed or a student of the Mureed of the Ghawth Hadrat Mufti al-A’zam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. The list of students and Khulafa is too extensive to mention here. However, a shortlist of his famous Khulafa is given below. The Ghawth of ALLAH Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho had over TWENTY MILLION MUREEDS who are living throughout the world. Isha-ALLAH, I intend to compile a detailed book on my Murshid al-Kamil in due course. Please make Du’a that Almighty ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala grants me the strength to undertake this mammoth task.
1) Qutbul-Waqt Sayyid Amin Qutbi Makki Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
2) Shaykh Sayyid ‘Abbas ‘Alawi al-Hasani Maliki Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
3) Uslaz al-‘Ulama Shaykh Noor MuHammad Sayf Makki Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
4) The Hadith Master Sayyid MuHammad ‘Alawi al-Maliki Hasani Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
5) Hadrat Mawlana Shaykh Fadlur-RaHman al-Qadiri Madani Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
6) Shaykh Sayyid Mu’ad Fathullah Khalifa al-Husaini Shami
1) MuHaddith-e-Pakistan HaDrat Mawlana Sardar AHmad Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
2) The Grand Mufassir HaDrat Mawlana Ibrahim Raza Jilani al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
3) The Ghazali of his time ‘Allama Sayyid AHmad Sa’id Kazimi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
4) HaDrat Sayyid AHmad ‘Ali Ajmeri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
5) Mujahid-e-Millat Abdal al-Waqt HaDrat Sha Habibur-RaHman ‘Alawi al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
6) The Lion of the Ahle-Sunnah Mawlana Hashmat ‘Ali Khan al-Qadiri RaDawi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
7) ‘Allama QaDi Sayyid Shamsud-Din Ja’fari al-Husaini Jawanpoori Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho (author of Qanoon-e-Shari’at)
8) The MuHaddith, HaDrat Haji Mubinud-Din Amrohi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
9) Shaykh al-Hadith ‘Allama ‘Abdul-Mustafa Azhari al-Qadiri Amjadi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
10) Khalil al-Millat Mufti MuHammad Khalil Khan Barkati Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho (author of Hamara Islam and Sunni Bahishti Zewar)
11) Prof. Dr. Sayyid MuHammad Amin Mia al-Husaini Barkati Phd. (Prof. Aligarh Muslim University, Faculty of Urdu and Sajjada Nasheen Khanqah Barkatiyya, Marehra Sharif.)
12) The Robust Orator and Statesman, Hadrat Mawlana RayHan Raza Khan al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
13) Taj ash-Shari’ah HaDrat Mufti MuHammad Akhtar Raza Khan Azhari al-Qadiri
14) HaDrat Soofi MuHammad Iqbal RaDawi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho (compiler of the famous Shame Shabistan-e-Raza)
15) The Hadith Master, HaDrat Mufti Shariful-Haqq Amjadi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
16) BaHrul-‘Uloom Mufti ‘Abdul-Manan al-Qadiri RaDawi
17) The Master Orator, Mawlana Mushtaq AHmad Nizami al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
18) Ustaz al-‘Ulama Mawlana MuHammad Jhangir FateHpuri al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
19) BaHral-‘Uloom Mufti Sayyid AfDal-Husain al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
20) Mujahid-e-Ahle Sunnat Sayyid Sha Turabul-Haqq Jilani al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
21) The International Ambassador of Imam AHmad RiDa, Mawlana Sha MuHammad Ibrahim Khushtar Siddiqi al-Qadiri RaDawi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
22) Shaykh al-Hadith Mawlana ‘Abdul-Qayyoom Hazarwi al-Qadiri Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
23) The Sufi Master and MuHaddith, HaDrat Mawlana Qari MasleHud-Din Siddiqi al-Qadiri Amjadi Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
24) Prof. Dr. Sayyid Sha Mufti Ghulam Sarwar al-Husaini al-Qadiri RaDawi (Phd. Arabic Grammer)
25) The Hadith Master Mawlana Diya al-Mustafa Qadiri Amjadi
26) HaDrat QaDi ‘Abdur-RaHim Bastawi al-Qadiri
27) The MuHaddith and authority on Qasidah al-Burdah, Hadrat Mawlana Mufti Muhammad Husain MuHaddith Sakkar Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
2) Hadrat Mawlana ‘Abdul-Hamid Palmer al-Qadiri Noori [Chairman – Sunni ‘Ulama Counsel, Durban ]
3) Khadim al-‘Ilm al-Sharif Shaykh Abu-Muhammad ‘Abdul-Hadi al-Qadiri Radawi [Founder & President – Imam Ahmad Raza Academy, S. Africa & Director – Barkaatur-Raza Publication, S.Africa ]
The ‘Ulama of Haramayn Sharifayn, the Arab world and scholars of Din always humbled themselves in the presence of the Ghawth Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. These dignitaries sat around the Ghawth as students and devotees seeking his grace, Du’as and Asanid [Certificates of Khilafat, Hadith Narrations, Fiqh and Awrad]. Amongst the Makkan ‘Ulama who met with and took Ijazah and Khilafa from the Ghawth were:
– Qutbul-Waqt ‘Arife-Billah Sayyidi Shaykh Amin Qutbi al-Husaini Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
– Sayyid al-‘Ulama HaDrat Sayyid ‘Alawi Maliki al-Hasani Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho (the illustrious father of Sayyid MuHammad ‘Alawi al-Maliki Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho)
– Ustaz al-‘Ulama HaDrat Mawlana Shaykh MuHammad Noor Saif Makki Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
– Shaykh Sayyid MuHammad ‘Alawi Maliki al-Hasani Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho
– Shaykh Sayyid Mu’ad FatHullah Khalifa al-Husaini Shami etc.
It was in this trip that the famous MuHaddith of Makka al-Mukarramah, Sayyidi MuHammad ‘Alawi Hasani al-Maliki Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, received the Khilafat of the consecrated Qadiriyyah Spiritual Order and Ijazah of Narration of the Hadith al-Sharif from the great Ghawth, Mufti al-A’zam Qutb al-‘Alam Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho . I was personally present in this coronation which took place in the home of Sayyidi MuHmmad’s Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho father, Sayyid al-‘Alawi al-Hasani Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho in Makka al-Mukarrama. AlHamdulillah! This humble servant has in his possession the pen and ink-pot which the Ghawth Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho used to write the Certificate of Khilafat and Hadith al-Sharif.
Sayyid Muhammad Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho followed the Murshid al-Kamil throughout his stay in Makka al-Mukarrama and his ardant love and devotion for the Ghawth were so strong that he even followed him to Madina al-Munawwara. Here, in this sanctified city of the Habib Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho, the Sayyid daily visited the Master for the 31 days he spent here. I am a witness to this as I was every moment in the service of the Murshid and responsible to present tea and refreshments to all the guests. In some meetings, Sayyid Muhammad spent hours with the Ghawth Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho. Periodically, I served tea to the Sayyid, and every time he moved the tea in front of the Master and sat staring at his luminous face. It was the unique nature of the Ghawth Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho that when he had any association with any Sayyid, he expressed great love and affection to them. Since Sayyidi MuHammad was a progeny of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam the Murshid compassionately requested him to drink the tea. But the Sayyid refused to say, “I would only drink if you first make the tea Tabarruk by drinking from it.” So the Murshid, with tears rolling down his cheeks, read some Du’a and drank a little tea and passed it on to Sayyid MuHammad. The Sayyid’s face brightened up with happiness and he drank the tea. After some time the Master ordered more tea and the Sayyid would do the same. The Ghawth said that he had already made it Tabarruk the first time and he should now drink it. But Sayyid Muhammad ‘Alawi replied; “If I have to drink tea a thousand times in your august presence, you will have to first make it Tabarruk before I drink it.” This was the extreme love and respect the ‘Ulama and Masha’ikh of Haramayn al-Sharifayn expressed for the great Ghawth of Allah. May the Sublime Lord Azzawajal sanctify their souls and through them, bless us with the sweetness of Iman – Amin thumma Amin.
HIS MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN
Inferior Mendicant of the Murshid
Abu-MuHammad ‘Abd al-Hadi al-Qadiri Ridawi